Multiplayer Server Downtime for Maintenance
Dear ACC racers, we’re looking after you 🧐,
We finally released the 0.3 release of our Steam Early Access programme for Assetto Corsa Competizione on schedule, including the Practice Session in Multiplayer mode, which allows us to stress test our systems as a first step of the multiplayer experience we are building.
You can probably imagine how much stability difference there is when moving from a reasonable amount of beta testers to thousands of simultaneous players: nothing unexpected on our side.
Here at KUNOS, developers have been working on the server backend since the night of the release, and we would like to ask for your patience regarding some global server downtime until the end of the weekend, while we will keep tuning the system to give more stability for your Multiplayer racing experience.
Ooh and BTW: congrats for the first CHAMPION laps with the BMW M6 GT3 on Circuit Paul Ricard, you are just AMAZINGLY FAST!
Assetto Corsa Competizione 0.3 Early Access Release and Patch notes
– New BMW M6 GT3
– New Circuit Paul Ricard
– Introduced Practice Session Multiplayer Mode
– Introduced 3 Hours and 6 Hours Endurance race weekend
– New online Special Events with new content and online leaderboard
– Old offline Special Events (quick races) made available
– Setup Alignment Caster modification is now possible
– Setup bumpstop UP range is now in stable offset with wheel rate.
– Adjustments to the dry tyre model rolling resistance
– Adjustments to the rain tyre mode rolling resistance
– Wet and water surface rolling resistance and aero drag adjustments
– Brake ducts preparation on setup screen. Not yet available
– Fixed steering ratio right selector issue
– Fixed values on setup screen
– Improved trasmission and engine wobble and vibration simulation
– Improved start assist
– Improved TC logic
– TC logic simulation now takes into account engine and drivetrain vibration and tries to protect system malfunction.
– Improved pitlane limiter function.
– Pitlane limiter only available in 1st gear, disengages if 2nd gear selected.
– Ram-Air simulation for normal aspirated engines.
– Improvements on Lamborghini Huracán steering geometry
– Improvements and adjustments on all preset setups
– Introducing dirt buildup on cars (step 1)
– Fixed Bentley ABS same value 2
– Fixed Bentley Continental display issues with speed limiter
– Fixed gamepad deadzone forced in UE4
– Fixed z-fighting problem in replays
– Added Pixel Density setting in Video options for VR:
Pixel Density requires Resolution Scale to be set to 100
removing external workarounds (e.g. modified engine.ini) recommended
– Nameplates with text scaling in screen space, and settings in nameplateSettings.json:
textMinSizePerc: to make the text size bigger/smaller
minVisibleSizePerc: to make it disappear sooner/later
– Added Replay tyre compounds, track lights and car dirt status
– New audio device selector in audio options
– Improved spatialization for tyres sound and all related effects
– Reworked logic for skid and scrub sound effects
– Tweaked dirtiness volume related to its level
– Tweaked distance attenuation for exterior sounds
– Radio comms resource usage optimization (loading audio on demand)
– Events poliphony optimization
– Fix missing exterior engine in some rare cases with chase camera
– Minor audio fixes
– Performance optimizations in the game thread
– Mouse not interfering with D-Pad \ Keyboard menu navigation anymore
– Added new menu page Driver Profile (only Rating section available at the moment)
– Fixed drivers without helmet in VR