1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That's a pretty good description of the VR implementation.

I'm starting to understand why no other simulation software studio use Unreal engine. The engine seems to have so much limitations it's unreal... o_O

Only upside is the night and rain that looks awesome but I never use those.. :D

2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah, just an engine used by hundreds of developers and one of the first major engines that had VR support (2012). Total crap, amiright.

Lawndart and Cote Dazur like this.
  3. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

What limitations exacty? enlighten us

4. - Triple screen (separate screen rendering)
    - No mouse in VR
    - Textures popping everywhere
    - Very blurry image overall
    - No proper Anti-Aliasing method
    - VR runs like crap even without proper mirrors
    - VR looks like crap when supersampling set to anything below 2.0 which obviously means double the workload

Just to mention a few.

5. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

Most of these are implementation problems not engine problems.

Texture popping is just becase your pc is a potato.

Some of them are only problems in your mind, blurriness? what game are you playing?

mms and Epistolarius like this.
  6. I know, i7-7700K with factory overclocked GTX 1080 is close to potato.

In the genre where triple screens and VR goggles are the way to go the game should look decent with mid settings.

Octane, Ace Pumpkin, mESCx and 2 others like this.
  7. Joshude

Joshude Racer

You know that this is early access and probably not even close to the 1.0 Version, right?

8. Crazy how guys can be successful enough in life that they can spend thousand dollars bills on hardware for a couple video games yet are absolutely clueless as to what Early Access entails.

Of course these are the same people that believe it takes a wobble rig, direct drive wheel, custom handmade pedals, and VR\triple screens in order to understand what the virtual car is doing even though the guys that create said virtual car use none of that.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  9. I know. I've been there since the day 1 of AC1 EA and the most common excuse during that period was "It's early access." Just like it was during Codies DiRT Rally EA. Of course it makes sense to some extent but there's also things that are impossible or needs way too many manhours to get fixed and therefore those same things are still there.

Ace Pumpkin, Alex2 and nate like this.
  10. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

Sure it's Early Access but the thing is that it's at alpha phase which means that they won't be working much if at all on the performance side of things yet since there are still plenty missing features. So what we can do now is just use what we get and wait beta for performance and bug fixing.

I'm not sure about the UE4 but I would guess that Kunos is looking for solutions to overcome these limitations. Surely they had a long discussion why they chose this engine over others so we just have to wait and see.

Ace Pumpkin and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  11. Stains

Stains Simracer

Don't wanna make you more jelly but....i'm 43 and been retired for 3 years :p

12. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Well, i have everything maxed out and run the game on i7 8700k@5GHz with 1080 ti on 165Hz 1440p monitor and have around 100fps and can definitely tell you that some textures do pop in rather late, for example some tree shaders or shadows. The blurryness is definitely there compared to PCars 2 or FH4 with the MSAA method. Temporal AA always tends to blurr out the picture a bit in general and it seems that UE4 is even more prone to that than other engines.
    I think that Kunos sees this as they have eyes in their head and can compare their game to other racing games on the market, so i am not worried about it. But just wanted to state that these issues definitely exist and it's really not a bad thing to point them out :)
    Of course it can be that some people pay more attention to these details than others, but it's not like there is only a minority stating this. At some point one could accept these complaints as actually valid if enough people are stating them :)

Cheers

GRFOCO and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  13. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Well, thing is, a game developer has separate departments. There are people who constantly work on the performance side of things and people working on the content. You actually can work simultaneously on these things. Imagine it like someone who is making a hammer and someone who is using a hammer. One morning when the one who uses the hammer comes to work, the old hammer has been replaced with a new one. So he will just use this new hammer to further create whatever instead of the old one. His work does not change, only his instrument is now more refined.

14. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

Yes it can be the case. Might also not be. I don't know, and I bet you don't either, what departments Kunos has working on ACC. But yes, you are right that it could be done simultaneously but let's not assume that they are doing so as we can't know for sure.

Anyways the reason that performance fixes are not usually done much at all in alpha is that it is hard to optimize something that is not yet fully implemented complete. Partial upgrades can be done on some isolated areas but not much as a whole. But I bet they are going to throw something at us in the matter of performance in the next patch.

sissydriver and th3o like this.
  15. mkotechno

mkotechno Simracer

I'm always amaze how people playing in 1440p triple monitors are always complaining about performance, what did you expect? you are running a massive amount of pixels, and gpus didn't evolve much in the last 4 years.

If you are so dependant on performance run single monitor 1080p or run low settings, you cannot eat the cake and have it.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  16. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

you don't mean me, don't you? :)

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Seriously. "- No mouse in VR"? How is that an engine limitation? That's not how any of this works...

Just give Kunos some more damn time to develop the game and stop treating it as finished product.

jim jones and DaveS78 like this.
  18. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Just a bit of FYI.
    Everyone who bought this game knows its early access, so no need to keep reminded them every other post.
    Some people just expect everything from day one, EA or not, that's just the way it is.
    Let them moan and move on, no need to keep reminding them.

Guido Trampe likes this.
  19. I'll just leave it there..
    [​IMG]

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I can guess what limitation he's talking about but I don't think that prevents implementing it. As he's saying, working around it, not "impossible".