1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Can i run ACC whit this notebook?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by R.S., Oct 11, 2018.

1. R.S.

R.S. Rookie

Hello everyone.
    As the title suggests, I would like to ask you if my notebook is able to run ACC with medium/low graphic settings without major problems.
    Unfortunately, some time ago I decided to buy this notebook and only now I notice the limitations it entails.
    I hope that ACC will be optimized in the future, to allow even those who have old video cards to play without any particular problems.

My specifications are:

Notebook: GL752VW
    CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz Skylake 14nm Technology
    RAM: 16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1063MHz (15-15-15-36)
    Graphics: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
    Storage:
    - 119GB SAMSUNG MZNLF128HCHP-00004 (SATA (SSD)
    - 931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630

Thank you in advance for the answers!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting My ACC is constantly freezing but used to run very smoothly... Oct 20, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality What is the best cpu/gpu combo to run ACC at max settings Sep 2, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality I have a 3080 and ACC still runs like garbage in VR - [UNDERSTOOD] Sep 28, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Unable to lauch ACC [running out of memory - pagefile disabled in Windows] Jul 25, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Is anyone running ACC on a GTX980? Jul 24, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Running ACC with old i5 2500K and Known some truth. May 26, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Will this build run ACC? May 21, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Run ACC / Steam as an administrator? Dec 25, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on a bad ass PC in VR, recorded from 2nd PC....how does it run? Oct 25, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Recommended pc components to run Acc in vr Sep 1, 2019
    ACC General Discussions German esports league MSRL is running (yet another) ACC league Jun 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Can i Run acc Jun 10, 2019
    ACC General Discussions PC specs for running ACC in 4k Apr 24, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Podium F1 PS4 running ACC on PC Apr 24, 2019
    ACC General Discussions ACC running 60fps on a GTX 675m Apr 18, 2019

3. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I don't think, that it will run well.

But you could test it, and if you are not happy with the results you could refund it on Steam.

4. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

Should work. It will get very warm.

5. fabT

fabT Alien

I used to run ACC on a similar config, just marginally faster ( 16Gb RAM, i7 6820HQ, Nvidia Quadro M3000M, Samsung SSD ). It didn't look pretty yet it worked fine on medium.

Obviously you can't expect performance to be rock solid.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  6. R.S.

R.S. Rookie

Thanks all for the answers.

In fact, the temperature is a problem, also because this notebook has only a fan sideways, so I'll lower some settings to not stress too much the video card and the CPU(Or I will play outdoors in the middle of winter :confused:).
    With AC I had the settings set to high whitout any problem and fps drop, but as ACC uses Unreal Engime 4 I will have to change my trend.

I hope that then Kunos will optimize this simulator in such a way as to make it accessible even to those put in a unlucky position like me.

D_Rod likes this.
  7. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

If it gets to hot you could purchase a laptop cooling pad for $20 and a rechargeable battery pack for mobile phones that you can use to power the pad instead of the laptop battery. It works great.

A 12000mAh battery pack can power a 4-fan pad all day on full blast.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  8. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

From my personal experience I also used the tool throttlestop to set a fixed clock rate for the CPU to prevent it from running at max speed but also to prevent it from throttling down when it gets too hot. With some testing I found the right limit and gaming become very smooth. I did this because I had a lot of problems before. FPS lags, low framerates, super high temperatures etc.
    So this helped alot, but also told me, that Laptops aren't the perfect gaming machines :)

So I don't use Laptops for gaming anymore ^^

R.S. likes this.
  9. R.S.

R.S. Rookie

Interesting program!
    It would be very useful also for Flight Simulator X, where I took photo-realistic scenarios and some add-on very heavy.

What settings did you change in particular on "Throttlestop"?
    I think I will read a guide before putting my hand on this program

10. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I set it to a max fixed clock frequency, so that the fans were able to maintain a maximum temperature. You need to be careful to not exceed a specific temperatur to not damage your hardware, like the fans or other components. (Lets say 80-85 degrees, max! 90 degrees, you decide, you can go with lower frequencies/temperatures of course, but price is lower performance obviously) The CPU itself should not be the problem, because modern CPUs have a safety shut down technology if they getting too hot. But anyways you should be careful with high temperaturs.
    But the point is, better a lower clock frequency than permanently getting throttled. So gaming and FPS are much more stable.

You should definately read a manual, or maybe some explanations on youtube.
    there are some checkboxes, which are important to know for what they are for to set the tool properly.
    Important are:

"Clock Modulation"
    "Multiplier"
    "SpeedStep"
    "BD PROCHOT"
    "C1E"

Here is a Guide, you should read everything.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  11. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Undervolting a laptop CPU and GPU if possible and not locked, helps also to improve the temps.