1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Your proof that it runs well in sunny hotlapping; well, we are all aware of that. :) What Shredator is presenting is the worst case scenario. So you two are basically just talking about two different things. But rain is a significant part of the game so it's not at all unreasonable to use rainy conditions (for example the last special event) as a benchmark test. And if night racing is your thing then that becomes a significant part of the game as well. Nothing false about it.

That said, I'm happy with the performance and honestly positively surprised. Running 3 screens was always a luxury (as is running VR) and the cost of that luxury is reduced performance.

ShredatorFIN likes this.
  2. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

i've heard that the ue4 engine doesn't support triple screens, so i's be very surprised if kunos somehow hack it in

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

You didn't prove anything though. And like @Whitestar said, all you need to do is pick the last Special Event from build 2.

You're just hard pressed to prove all my points "wrong", because you originally disagreed with my unorthodox/temporary solution to lack of proper triple support. I asked to tell me where are the "technical errors" and "contradictions" in my posts. Only thing you could come up with is this, and it's wrong. Rain and night are some of standout features of ACC, game doesn't run "perfect" if you can't use them

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  4. Mark Gourley

Mark Gourley Rookie

As I am personally running Triple Screen 5760 x 1080 I am more than happy with not having proper Triple Screen support at the moment...at least I can use my 3 monitors and I suspect proper triple screen support may come down the road as ACC has only been released and on it's 2 build...early days yet and all in all I am more than happy with the Sim so far, especially the FFB on my TS XW and that Bentley....hmmmm....that Bennntleyyy...lol

NWG.Slum likes this.
  5. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

The facts are that UE4 does not support it natively. Unless Kunos create their own solution to this it can't just 'come down the road'. So you can assume and suspect all day long it is coming but there are worrying (for me) sings that's not the case - Nobody argue the statement UE4 does not support it, No triple support mentioned in the RoadMap (VR is !), Nobody from the DEV team has replied even once in that thread.

All I want to know is 'IF' not 'WHEN' but I guess it is pointless to ask this question anymore as there is no response, so I will stop

6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

I agree.
    I fear it was 25€ spend as a kind of support for Kunos' AC2 to come.
    ACC atm (and I know it is EA) has so many flaws and performs so badly (check mirrors on epic setting :eek:), AI are maniacs, manual engine start does not work well, collisions feel wrong (and are wrong most of the time etc...

Oh well, I have other sims (who all have triple screen support) to go to, including AC.

7. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

Same problem for TrackIR support .... no answer for definitive YES or NO.
    And I suspect that mostly no answer is implicitly with AC or ACC.... NO ( if not NEVER ).

Please, make your communication much better .... and in one single place ( your main forum here ).... for the moment, when we need an info .... it takes sometimes 1/2 hour to find it here or there or elsewhere or .... nowhere.

Sure also that a Early Access needs more and better communication between the devs and the paying testers.

I'm not negative here but constructive .... but maybe in those present cases, rather remain silent ? .... "Silence is golden" maybe ?
    As without perfect triple screen or/and TrackIR support .... only VR players might find their pleasure in ACC. .... when it's better implemented.

That's the way I feel and maybe ...we feel ... even if I'm or we are wrong.

Serge Pribicevic likes this.
  8. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

How can they answer YES or NO if they still don't know for sure?

9. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

Reason why I took a definitive decision: .... no more game or any software or tool in Early Access !
    At the start, they should know ..... Yes or No ....

In final versions, we know Yes or No .... so we may decide to Yes to buy or not .
    I'll let ACC sleep until we know.

FishforRent likes this.
  10. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Good decision. Now there will be less noise in the forums.

Early Access is not for everyone. Hopefully some people will realize this and not jump into EA next time. More money for the developers when they pay full price, if they decide to.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

sissydriver likes this.
  11. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

Seriously, dude?

I came across an old thread, from day 1 (day2 actually) where a user asks about Triple screen support. 'Asks' is not the right term, tbh, as the guy is very rude and offensive but at least he got a reply from a developer, before his thread gets locked.

The DEV team member says:
    1) Watch your attitude and check our roadmap on the official website or FB page
    2) We are responsible for what we write, not for what you want to understand
    3) Thread closed

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...ng-the-lack-of-transparency-from-kunos.51030/

12. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

So a thread was closed because of the poisonous attitude of a forum member. Nothing out of the ordinary. What has that to do with what I said?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

13. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

Creating their own plugin is just not feasible because of time consuming, money and UE4 engine knowledge needed. Unless they hire an old Epic UE4 dev :)

There maybe some hope if the guys at Kunos decide to dive deeper into the new Ndisplay function of UE4 Engine 4.20 that was released in July 2018. After reading 4.20 documentation carefully and some ini files of example projects delivered in the latest UE4 version, it looks like you can run multiple instances on the same computer and you are not forced to use multiple computers on a network for each rendered screen.
    Each instances can render his own camera on a seperate screen.

So basicly there is hope, but:

- This is a super new release from July, so for sure Kunos did not planed to have a real triple support for early access and even maybe not for V 1.0

- Will they spend time/money on this before V1.0... no one knows but we can all guess :)

- This Ndisplay function is actually in an experimental state, and Epic do not recommend to ship final products with this at the moment.

- Will Kunos get the proper support from Epic if they decide to dive deeper into the Ndisplay function... nope unless they have a pretty strong contact/partnership with them.

The main problem of UE4 Engine is lack of proper support from Epic and this is a well know problem for every devs/teams that used UE4 once in their life for a project.

Now everyone is aware of all details, it's up to you to make your own opinion and wait/hope patiently. But we will never get an answer from the dev or anyone at Kunos for these obvious reasons.

Mark Gourley and Fanapryde like this.
  14. I think that there will be never a triple screen support for ACC, because unreal engine.
    The problem is Kunos know that and say nothing.
    Kunos don't care about customer?, Kunos care about sale?
    Their silence is the proof?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  15. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

my racing rig is a 3 displays projector motion sim and I regret that we have (still) no triples support at the moment. NTL ACC makes fun, great FFB and great visuals. Hopefully there is (will be) a triple solution in future.

16. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Of them still not being sure?

TDS, Kopiller and Serge Pribicevic like this.
  17. xHyper

xHyper Staff Member

Dear racing fellows -
    I just wanted to drop a message from us all here and the most valuable reason is that it's basically awesome to look over a discussion that has been kept constructive, polite, single-thread organized and full of good technical content.
    Thanks to Aris for keeping me up to date on this topic.

As you may know, our very developed habit of avoiding replies on something we can't guarantee to achieve immediately has been kept solidly live in our AC brand history, and so we'll do on this topic. Having a taste of a promise and then watching all of our imagination crashing into a wall has never been a good feeling for us, and surely you won't be exposed to that too :D

What we wanted now was a solid reply for you to keep this thread live just like you're doing.

Triple monitor dedicated support isn't natively supported in Unreal Engine 4, just like other features that we already worked on for AC Competizione. Some of these were easy to workaround, some others were so "game-core" that a full concentration of efforts was not avoidable, or simply need to have something else implemented before them. BTW, all of these choices have been made quite some time ago, while the core of the ACC was not there even. At the moment, except for drastic solutions we've read (i.e. replace monitor with an Ultra Wide one), we know that a good amount of professional partners of us deployed ACC with a wider angle triple monitor in a 5760*1080 res. set on the graphics card tool suite, that is less affected by deformation related visibility issues, with good results I must say. That said, we so know that you want a better implementation and as said above if it was an easy solution, it would have been already implemented. We can’t tell more about the subject right now and unfortunately a triple monitor dedicated support isn't something we can guarantee in this precise moment, but we do read you and hear you and the topic is in our list.

Please keep enjoying this conversation
    Sincerely

18. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

Finally some light over this! Thank you!
    Although not exactly what I was hoping for I am glad it is on the ToDo!

Cheers

xHyper likes this.
  19. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

Well, we can only keep our hopes up.
    I'll let ACC rest until the situation is clear.
    Not really a point to continue this topic since there seems to be awareness from the devs side (besides ventilating our frustration that is) :D

20. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@xHyper

Thanks for the input, that's all we were waiting for.

2 questions in case you came by here later:

- Could implementing Nvidia SMP to ACC be an option to handle tripple screen correctly, at least for Nvidia users ? Iracing does and it works perfect. Nvidia SMP technology is compatible with UE4 Engine so... can we hope ? :)

- Could N-Display function, implemented in latest July update of UE4, be used to handle triple screen ? Cause looking at the link above and its attached files, it looks like it could be done:
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/1508839-problem-with-plugin-ndisplay

Thanks to keep us informed

menos | M6 and NWG.Slum like this.