1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Update 0.2 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Echo_29, Sep 23, 2018.

1. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I remember long time ago went to buy TFX https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TFX_(video_game) at a store and when the salesman pick the game box asked me "does it bring a piece of the plane inside" :D. Of course that was the manual weight.

So people are asking configure advice for theirs hardware? Maybe better send his PC to Kunos headquarters so they can test it there. Taking the fact that there must be hundred hardware configures, maybe better to interrupt the EA.

Pulley likes this.
  2. Sveikas, Mantai,

Gal kažkaip galėčiau susisiekti su tavim ne forume?

3. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Hey @pankykapus and Kunos team! Please let us use the full carbon liveries we see on the setup menu in V1.0 :) so we can reproduce them Monza winter testing sessions :p

That was my random 10:43 pm wish. Back to Misano.

4. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Being able to use my keyboard in the menus (while having my G920 plugged in) may seem like a trivial feature, but it really makes everything so much less frustrating.

Schnipp likes this.
  5. Sveiki lietuviai :D Smagu Jus čia matyt!

6. WNCmotard

WNCmotard Racer

So, I'm running this in my engine.ini file. I have to say it looks really good in VR! But, one thing I've noticed is that in the wet during the daytime, each time the wipers wipe, the entire track looks like theres a coating of marbles on the entire track floating on the water just above the track surface. And the effect seems to flicker on/off based on the wiper position, it's hard to describe. Any idea what I could change to try and get rid of it? Or is that supposed to be there from the rain causing all the marbles to float?

earlyapex likes this.
  7. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

I have reported this wiper effect in the graphics sub section as it's an odd distraction.

8. Jeremy Ford

Jeremy Ford Rookie

The settings are awesome, here's my video with the results, before and after.

9. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Epic Win

Glad to see the art of understatement is not dead

10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I don't no, haven't checked back couple of days in the rain.

Feel free to experiment with values, infact I will recommend deleting this line:

r.TemporalAASamples=4

This brings back the choice of AA level ingame.

Then, maybe lower the value to 3 or 2 in r.Tonemapper.Sharpen

WNCmotard likes this.
  11. WNCmotard

WNCmotard Racer

I'll give those a go later, thanks!

12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

This is a very nice 8 minute video about the key features of 0.2, namely the Bentley. Done without too much talking nonsense, but superb movie editing and narration done in a moderate, calm fashion, I enjoyed watching him very much. Thanks, Chris Hayes! Very high quality in this presentation. And again, I like the calm tone it is done in.

13. mms

mms Alien

I thought I had a déjà vu :D:D:D

nate likes this.
  14. I love this kind of video's :)

Me too but the video's of CH can't be shared enought. He's an artist :)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  15. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Do you guys also feel or think that in 0.2 the replay sounds seem a little bit more muted?
    I felt that replay sounds in 0.1 were more punchy, the downshifts etc.
    In 0.2 it sounds all a bit underwhelming

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Forgive for double posting the video, but with threads having so many pages and me not reading them all every day, it can happen that I miss not just posts, but whole pages. And anyway: sometimes I just simply forget soimething.

Watching this video and others make me regret that VR headsets do not recreate this ammount of graphical detail. In 2D the sim really looks second to no other racing title currently.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  17. Tberg

Tberg Alien

What is it exactly you regret? You can always sell your Rift.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  18. Skybird

Skybird Alien

No way I could go back from VR in racing, sorry. I have not run 0.2 in 2D even just once. Its not relevant for playing myself. VR - or no driving/buying.

I just regret that VR does not look as great in detail and sharpness like a 2D monitor does. :)

I use VR a lot for Google Earth VR an d Eleven Table Tennis as well, btw. No need to sell the headset even if giving up racing.

19. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Did you try the "magic" settings?

Nvm, sorry seems like your just talking about vr resolution in general. Dont think pc's and screen tech is powerful enough to compare to a 4k screen 1 inch from your face

20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

For me, they work much, much worse. Frames became very stuttering, in turns the environment wa smnove dover the screen with much lagging and micro-pauses, I went back to just use the single line added to the engine.ini that Gamer Muscle recommended in his video.

Indeed, even though I am satisfied with even just 1920x1080. It will still be a long time before VR headsets can offer the needed resoltuoon to be equal to a monitor'S vidsual detail, and you then need the PC hardware powerful enoigh to run this. I do not expect this dilemma being solved any time soon.