1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Formation Lap Message and more

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Flybikes, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Flybikes

Flybikes Rookie

I hope someone from Assetto Corsa team read this.

PLEASE remove the big message right in the center of the screen that says "Formation lap . rolling start, follow the car ahead of you and mantain your position until the green light"!

I want to be involved and feel that I`m in the race! I don`t need the big message! The HUD is already huge but even if I hide the hud, this messages continues to appear in the beginning of the race.

That`s really cringe! Seriously!

ACC can be better than "Assetto Corsa 1 " but there are things that are driving me crazy!

And I know this game is in the development phase, but please put people in the pits!

This game has only the GT3 class! Nothing more! LMP`S, GTEs nothing! So it needs to be PERFECT! It would be cool to see a lot of life in the pits! With pit`s team`s, photographers etc!

Kunos... please you really need to step up!

PS - I `ve already talked with some serious sim racers and they all (me included) feel that the car proportion is wrong relative to track. In real life the Nurburgring GP for example (near my home), the road is really wide! In ACC, the cars are bigger than they should be or the track is not as wide as it should be. Something is wrong with the proportion. Take a look at it.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    anthonylroy and mailanmanu like this.

2. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Thank you for your feedback,

Currently pit stops are basic and are not complete ( look at the roadmap where you wil find more info)

And about the hud elements i'm sure at some point there will be some focus on the hud layout. In the meantime feel free to post an idea or constructive feedback in the support/gameplay? Subforum

And about the track width i cant comment thats a whole other topic

3. Typer

Typer Simracer

Could the perceived track width issue be down to your FoV setting maybe?

Perhaps you could take an external screenshot of the car on the track in ACC and another sim you feel is correct and post those to demonstrate the difference. Or maybe try and recreate an IRL photo in the game and compare those.

4. Flybikes

Flybikes Rookie

Hi Typer!

It has nothing to do with Fov.

The right is the real life.

[​IMG]

5. Typer

Typer Simracer

Thanks Flybikes, it’s a bit tricky to compare them without any cars in front in the IRL shot, but yeah to my untrained eye the track does look narrower in the game.

Probably best if you create a new thread in the Graphics support forum and maybe add a few more examples, or perhaps a video of each, to help the devs investigate.

6. Rudski

Rudski Alien

7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

It has everything to do with FOV. The track is laser scanned, it cannot get more accurate than that, Kunos has been doing 3D cars for the last 15 years, minimum, they know how get the right scale.
    Wrong FOV distorts the point of view, comparing those 2 images means nothing.
    If you can, try the game in VR, you will see that everything is as it should.

8. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

To me this seem all about fov and different angle and pov.
    Total wrong example

9. Flybikes

Flybikes Rookie

Like I said, has nothing to do with FOV.
    I play in VR obviously. Not only that, but 2/3 times year and since 6 years ago, I do trackdays in real life on this track. It`s near my home, so I know what I`m talking.
    The track is laserscan yes, but the proportion is wrong! When you say the track is laserscan and Kunus know`s how to do their thing... well.. that means nothing.

You can do ACC a better Sim, to be on pair with the others, or you can hide what is wrong and be in second or third place.

That`s not what I want. I want it to be the best sim out there, so relax. I know the track very well in real life and right know, It`s not well made.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  10. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I agree with this part, surprising it wasn't picked up before release, you can't see where your going.

tothrauldaniel and fabT like this.
  11. Turk

Turk Alien

There's also the focal length of the lens in the real world shot.

I really wish people would stop assuming that on board cameras are a 1:1 representation of real life. They're not. These are usually compromised cameras, wide angle isn't really how humans see, it's a compromise. The microphone on an on board camera doesn't pick up half the sound in the cabin, it's not what you should be comparing ACC sound to.

You don't see people going around shooting many movies on go pros, because they're only good at being tied to things for action shots, the picture isn't that good compared to a real camera.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  12. Flybikes

Flybikes Rookie

The problem is not the wide angle lens from the Go Pro. Please, stop making excuses.. we all want the best sim possible.
    Anyway, it`s reported here, so I did my part.

13. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

The GT3 cars have a low seat position with lower visibility out of the car than a regular road car, which can make the car feel bigger than it actually is, and consequently make the track feel smaller in relation to the car. So depending on what car you did your trackdays with, that might skew your perception. Have you tried the same track in AC1 with a car with similar seat position and visibility like the one you did your trackday with?

14. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't think you understand focal lengths well enough to say it's not. Your comparing two completely different camera focal lengths and saying they're not similar, well ya, of course they're not similar, they're two completely different focal lengths.

Just posting up some pictures from a random camera proves nothing. You could show some top down pictures, work out a way of measuring the the car in relation to the track and actually back up what your saying. But all you've done is say "it doesn't look right to me" then post up to pictures that use different focal lengths which are obviously going to look different.

mms, jsmith.ls.uk and BrunUK like this.
  15. mailanmanu

mailanmanu Rookie

Thank you for bringing this up.

This BIG message box is unnecessary and immersion-braking.
    That is something that disturbs me from the beginning.

For sure a minor nitpick in the grand scheme of things that have to be done,
    but in this regard (i suppose) easily fixable? I hope too, that this will be
    put anywhere else but in the face of the player.

16. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Wow! That's a lot of exclamation points!! OP must really be pissed!!!

John Caetano likes this.
  17. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I don't know who to believe, the people who have the data and measurements or some random.... Who to believe.... It's such a hard choice.... How did they go in AC1? ohh that's right.....I'm sure all of a sudden they thought let's make things out of proportion.

Poguinhas and BrandonW77 like this.
  18. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Your requests are reasonable, you just didn't need all that drama as if our lives depend on them.

And about the cars being the wrong size for the track, Kunos have laserscanned the circuit and they get the car dimensions directly from the manufacturers, so how do you expect them to have messed that up? It's not like there's a guy sitting at the office just deciding how big he thinks the car should be to look right (Now that I think of it, perhaps they could hire you to do that and save time putting real measurements into the game).

19. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Didn't you know, exclamation marks add credibility!!!:D

20. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Just like everything on YouTube is 100% accurate! !!! :D

Rudski likes this.