1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The 99 PC [Pace] Club

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by fabT, Oct 20, 2018.

1. fabT

fabT Alien

I wonder how many people achieved the 99 score in PC ( pace ) and what are their driver stats.
    Mine are:

As you notice i'm very weak in CC / TR.
    In ACC i rank better on longer stints, likely because of less driver playing them ;)
    Ranked #10 On Misano wet stint event, #31 Superpole, but a very mediocre #181 in hotlap.

Looks like i totally miss the hotlapper skills :D.

As long as you've 99 PC, what are your other stats, event performance and preferences ?

I'm rather curious.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room 2.4 Enduro Club - New solo driver endurance racing community Apr 22, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Rumble Feature on ClubSport V3 Pedals (Fanatec) Oct 18, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [RIP] Racing Club | Porsche Carrera Cup 2022 | Starting October 16th! Oct 10, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec ClubSport V2.5 Wheelbase Jul 21, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Podium DD1 / Clubsport Pedal V3 rumble issue Jul 8, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Clubsport 2.5 Overheating since 1.8 Dec 14, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RaceDepartment ACC club races May 20, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Clubsport V3's not rumbling in ACC?! May 15, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Clubsport Pedals - Brake Settings (Damping Unit) Apr 25, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Fanatec Clubsport pedals V3 vs. CSR Elite Inverted - worthwhile upgrade? Mar 16, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Club sport v2 on Xbox one Dec 21, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ASR] Attis Sim Racing - Club 18-30 mini leagues. Nov 28, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Clubsport V2 Steering Angle Nov 19, 2020
    ACC Physics Rebound bump rubbers on Cayman GT4 Clubsport Nov 5, 2020

3. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

RC 100
    SA 87
    PC 99
    CC 72
    CN 86
    TR 66

I like hotstint most, aside from the sprint race. Haven't put in a lot of time for the super pole event, rank #137. Improved my hotstint record by about 3 seconds an hour ago, but it never uploaded my new time. Rank #23 at the moment.
    Rank #75 in hotlap mode.

TR seems to be capped at 66, not sure about SA but I can't seem to get it above 87. CC and CN have been frozen for me for quite a while.

4. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I need 1% more PC to enter your "club" :p (1:34:638 currently).

5. fabT

fabT Alien

I know already ( since AC / Streetfight ) you're a fast guy, so what are your stats / event performance and preferences ?

6. liakjim

liakjim Alien

[​IMG]

7. fabT

fabT Alien

Nobody with a CC of > 80 ?
    That's curious.

8. liakjim

liakjim Alien

The way I am driving I am curious that the game gives me the 70!

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

fabT likes this.
  9. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

That's interesting, but I can confirm that CC is not reall "in line" with the other ratings.
    In a way it's funny and even correct - the gap between a decent and an alien driver's car control is indeed that big (especially how aliens can replicate 95+ CC laps one after another). But I see this is more confusing than helpful this way, needs more tuning.

A problem still is that the 50% mark is the most important one: while somebody has potentially easy improvements by just doing CC-things a bit better, we should tell him until he improved. It's almost insane how many people are overdriving, and how easy this is fixed (if you only know).

10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Top 10 drivers do actually have so big CC?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

11. fabT

fabT Alien

Tell us more, Minolin, that's interesting.
    For instance i would like to know what's the % of drivers able to score 80+ % and their "spread" in PC ...

12. mms

mms Alien

Try the wet stint event, you should be in that club in no time ;)

fabT likes this.
  13. Minolin

I'm sorry, can't really tell more than what my impression is while browsing data. Especially considering multi-criteria analysis takes effort - not the time yet. But once we are done, you can bet that I will share.

THIS is btw very interesting. Given usual market theory, we should expect that people notice which event is the easist (=least populated one) and move there, but it doesn't happen.
    So yes, if you want to increase your PC rating, ignore the Hotlap event. The quality densitiy there is insane. And I'm not talking about the casual guys, no. So again, we implemented stuff that should be very interesting for the hardcore guys, and they appreciate. Which doesn't mean they use it, just like rain, night and so on :D

My personal strategy would always be the Hotstint event, the longer the better (we may see a shorter + longer again in the future). Skills required are much more immersive to me, basically the hotstint results are way more "honest" over a hotlap one where you know the top times in the end are just something that happens only once in life. The longer a Hotstint is, the more we learn about what reliable pace somebody has.
    And more important: The way to try to get the best out of a Stint is also what brings you forward in simracing and race pace.

14. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Yeah I'm one of those. Is there a way I can rewire my brain to stop overdriving all the time? How or what can I practice for that?

15. Minolin

I guess figuring out good strategies (and spreading the word) will be one of the most impactful things we may witness during ACC's journey.

When I was developing the first prototype for the CC rating, my overdriving was ofc suddenly obvious (doing this while hotlapping, trying to beat my PB any lap I've done). I tried many things, but in the end anything was too close to my usual driving. So I deliberatetly went slow, and I mean it. I tried to be in some kind of warmup-pace: never ever above the limit (would tranlate to cyan'ish CC colors), and forcefully breaking my old habits and rythm. The fun thing is that the resulting laptimes immediately were almost as fast as my best times, but I could do like 200 consistent laps.

Which I did, I just practiced this deliberate slow and controlled lapping. Even without trying, my laptimes went constantly better, and soon I couldn't understand how I could struggle doing better than a 2:19 (in AC1 Spa). Sometimes I tried to give everything, and ofc. scored new PBs again, but it immediately brought back my worst driving style. So I forced myself to understand this is my reliable pace, and yes I can push for high risks, but it's not really worth it. Since them I'm *always* driving below the limit, and only time/practice does improve my reliable pace, which is worth 10000x more than my potential hotlap record (and in the end I still gained 4s over my previous braindead driving).

16. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I had a similar revelation a while back when I was trying to figure out how to get faster, driving within ones limits instead of beyond them is ultimately a more reliable way of being more successful in actual races. So often you see somebody quicker in qualifying only to blow it because they can't maintain the pace in the race.
    When I first taught myself the nordschleife in fact, I made myself quit the track for the rest of the day every time I crashed, this made me learn the track much quicker as I focused properly and didn't try to be silly and push all the time.

Gevatter, p.g.49, mms and 1 other person like this.
  17. Minolin

btw to get back to the topic, I just tried the Hotstint (actually to dig myself into the frozen rating thing):

upload_2018-10-20_18-8-49.png

I'm in!
    But honestly, 17s to the #1? lolz. I'm sure I can improve when I repeat this, but more than 1s/lap is kind of ridiculous :D

ignission likes this.
  18. ignission

ignission Simracer

CC is the most interesting for me at the moment. I have a CC of 67 and PC of 81.

How do you guys who are around 2 seconds a lap quicker than me (and in the PC99 club) only have a few points of CC more?

This is an interesting thread :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  19. fabT

fabT Alien

Welcome, however it's more 1,5s/lap :p.

By the way, is the hotstint leaderboard working fine ?
    It failed to record my time twice today ( and sadly the last one it was a 19:54 :rolleyes: / top 10 ).

20. On the Lambo/nurbs hotlap I ended up getting quite frustrated focussing on trying to improve CC ( around mid 60s ) went for laptime instead and got to PC96 ... interestingly CC didn't budge and stayed at 67.

Similar story with Bently/Misano I feel my PC increasing albeit slowlyat 91 CC is still 67ish. The Bently feels like you have to overdrive it ... which I'm sure i'm not doing it right.

So largely overlooking CC as there's not an immediate enough feedback loop to say 'that corner was good your CC is going up'

I wonder what a special event would show with locked setups..... I reckon there's some magic hidden in setup.

ignission likes this.
  21. fabT

fabT Alien

Mine is at 67 by some time.
    Even today i did say about 50 laps and didn't move at all.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018