1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Anyone tried motion yet with ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SteelyEyedMissleMan, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Thoughts/opinions ? I know it's 0.2... I don't know if there would be any differences over AC; would love to hear from someone first hand.

I'm guessing all that the motion software is looking at is lateral/longitudional g's raw/pitch/roll, interpreting it and changing it to motion. So in theory so long as ACC is outputting it there'd be no difference over AC.

Budgeting for / planning the next stage of my rig...

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality RTX 3090 SLI for VR ? Anyone tried ? Dec 12, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Has anyone tried this before ? May 8, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues I wonder if anyone have tried this for controlpads Jul 3, 2019
    3D car models anyone tried models.cfg on cars? Jan 29, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Has anyone tried this combo Mar 24, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone else notice pink (missing textures) and street lights at Monza turning off as you pass them?? Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Clear Calibration software logitech - anyone have this? Oct 2, 2023
    ACC Physics Anyone else finding the Alpine being much faster than any other GT4 cars since 1.9? May 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DLC Issues on PS5 that were not an Issue on PS4,,, Can anyone help/answer reach out Dec 9, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Anyone find there is big "depression" on the track in Zandvoort, at this point!!! Jul 5, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone have experienced the same glitch? Apr 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone got the TMX wheel to work in the game yet? Apr 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone been able to use the extra buttons on fanatec gt3 v2 rim or similar? Jan 4, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Anyone feel the FFB in ACC is not as sharp as AC? Is Kunos aware of this? [Nope, never heard] Nov 10, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions anyone ever try the DJI FPV goggles with console gameplay? Jun 27, 2021

3. mms

mms Alien

4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I don't know about other 3rd-party / DIY software but, I can confirm that ACC works well with D-Box rigs. The settings are much the same as with AC and I don't think there was much additional work needed to implement support (on the D-Box side). The results are as good - if not, a bit better with ACC imo.

I'm in the early planning stages of an upgrade to my rig also, so I'm interested in following any relevant discussions too. I'm also following development of the SimXperience GS-5, among other options.

5. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

Simtools with prosimu works great

6. Thanks guys for the feedback. Checks the first box "it works!' considering options whether to go for a full 5 actuator setup or a 3 actuator seat mover. Likely starting point is with prosimu depending on freight (cringe.....) Ideally would like to find someone locally (New Zealand) who has a full setup to try it out...

So if you're on the forum, in or close to Auckland, reading this, have said motion platform, would like some good free craft beers... (And if you'll fit absolutely would take you for a ride in the monster in my profile pic... 550+hp/tonne)

Previously had tried one of the older dbox setups on RF1 with some janky PC's in Oz, don't know if it was just the custard graphics and refresh rate but triggered my motion sickness. I figure a proper setup would be a lot more immersive for my brain. Still blaming motion sickness on spending too long in Canada with their straight roads..

Micii1 likes this.
  7. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

Thoose Canadians.. I have the prosimu 2dof and wery happy with it.. I am gona ad tractkon loss soon.. It is a good price rig.. Maybe after a few years i go big with the 5dof

8. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

As other's have stated, The motion was a Go right from EA Day one, Simtools Plugin was pushed out within 24 hours if i recall. I spend the first day of release puttering around watching data and formulating a base line set of numbers to provide the for the plugin. I can only imagine how much that hurt my baseline Performance rating stuff, Lol meh Im sure that will be reset at some point.

Overall Review of the motion is a WIP, as is the Game itself. There's been multiple data que's ive picked up that are rather different from AC and its Core Physics. There's a few thing's im also investigating, but cant say much on the subject as of yet. Dampers are once again a VERY large part in the actual data being pushed out, so will be monitoring that as thing's progress.

Currently working on a new rig to add Legit "full frame heave" but its a ways off with other projects on the go.

9. Nick Moxley likes this.
  10. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

11. Well that's exciting ! If you've got a build log anywhere would be keen to follow along. It's looking like a pretty good option for me - especially where shipping/import fees and taxes are concerned.

12. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

@SteelyEyedMissleMan check out xsimulator.net, you will find a lot of information about motion rigs, mostly DIY. ACC is fine with motion so far, the settings of AC/ACC are quite the same, that explains a lot ;)

13. Thanks @3dchips I've gone down a few rabbit holes in there over the past couple of months :)

14. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

The first step is always the hardest, but it is a start ;)
    It is so a blast do drive a (good) simulator. Honestly keep in mind that an easier to build 2DOF (i.e. seat shaker) is almost 80% of immersion, for the rest of 20% you need a lot of time, money and experience (6DOF). Anyway welcome in the club :)

Blamer likes this.
  15. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

I am in in bayview, auckland. Currently building the DIY one you posted a few posts back. Still waiting on some parts to arrive. I wont be 3d printing anything though as it's easier to make them on the mill/lathe for me.

16. Definitely a small world. All of a few km away over in the bays... ( you should probably recognise the car in my profile photo then ! )

17. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

Yep, small world! This motion platform looks just what I want, it's got heave that was def on my list and I didn't want a seat mover.

Only thing is the costs are adding up as I will take the added expense of also making a new rig from aluminium profile, there i another grand just there..

I think it was going to cost about 3k nzd for the 4 built actuators, lots of shipping in that as well..

18. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

The other alternative is spending 20k On a Legit Dbox. So in reality, This way is Cheap as peanuts in comparison. :p

19. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Nah I haven't updated my Xsimulator thread in a while now, haven't even really started building aside from the printed parts. So it'll be a pile o parts before i get all the needed stuff done to really start to put it together. Also redoing the 3dof frame to work in conjunction with the new kit will take some time.

20. @metalnwood any tips/tricks for purchasing from NZ ? I'm going through the parts list....might as well start getting pieces for it ;)

Yeah it's cringeworthy what it would cost to NZ for a full dbox setup. Shipping + GST (15%) + Customs/Import fees..... gulp...

21. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

I got the profile from germany, I couldnt find anything cheaper that would be worth reworking the plans too much to work with. That cost me 397 delivered..

I got the ballscrews and bearings from ebay, they are all over the place but I can send you links if you want from where I got mine, they turned up :)

Motor from the same place as on the shopping list. ebay/aliexpress doesnt have the hollow shaft with the same internal bore so I went for 20mm internal bore. It turned up, only issue was that it was not cut straight so I had to square off the ends and get the length the same between them all. I did that on a lathe but an abrasive cutoff saw would do it well enough. It is surface hardened.

Couplers came from aliexpress. I am not using any printed parts. I bought some acetal rod and will make the sliders from that, motor mounts from aluminium bar..

Unfortunately for me, the motor landed was about $430nzd and I will get them as my hobby account recovers.. could be a few months until I am going...

SteelyEyedMissleMan likes this.