1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[Poll] Misano: What is your pace?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Rehooja, Oct 11, 2018.

Tags:
?

Which setup do you run the best?

Poll closed Nov 10, 2018.
  1. Default safe

31 vote(s)
    20.1%
  2. Default aggressive

59 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. I use my own setup

64 vote(s)
    41.6%
  1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Wow that T6... Where the hell do you find that much grip there?! Oo

2. Frankiez

Frankiez Gamer

Tried again and now its 1.35.8. As usual, best lap came within first 10 laps. Fiddled with the setup to suit the car to my driving style

3. baakstaff

baakstaff Racer

Got a 1:34.875, exit from turn 10 and braking into 13 are tricky to keep consistent for me using the default aggressive setup. Turns 1-6 are fantastic, I almost feel bad for the curbs with what we're doing to them

4. fabT

fabT Alien

Got a 1:34:7 on dry, but what i'm enjoying the most is the wet 20 min. stint.
    That's where ACC shines and shows all its potential.

Currently ranked #10 at just under 20 minutes, not far from the top guys.
    Still improving and enjoying.

Deatroy likes this.
  5. Nesja

Nesja Racer

Managed to get in 1:33's. :D
    Default aggressive setup (only ABS to 3).
    More time to find (0.25 s I think), as you can see on the half lap after until it all went bad (left that out because it's so soul crushing). But I doubt I'll ever get it together in a lap.

AC_RAF, Rehooja, S-AMG and 3 others like this.
  6. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

:D That's normal. You can do that T6 flat out if you can hit the turns 4 and 5 right. Getting all the track width from T5 right side is crucial to get the entry to T6 right. You might have to sacrifice T4 exit a little to get a sharp early entry into T5 and tie it to the right.

T6 is also very crucial to lap times so try max out that first and then learn where you can find a tenth in T4 without losing any on T5 :D If you hit T5 right, T6 should be automatically easy flat out.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    chksix likes this.
  7. flihp

flihp Racer

Hello,
    to those getting into 1:34's or faster, have you got a screenie of your sector times, im trying to work out where i may be too slow, PB 135.340,,
    I know that looking at my sector times, if i was to put my bests together i would hit a 1.34.830, but thats a big ask, lol

thank you.
    Phil

Attached Files:

8. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Congratulations for your 1:33! :)

Do you recommend ABS to 3? It's strange because some people are pretty quick with ABS set to 7 or 8 also...
    It's a bit confusing...
    What about TC?

9. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

improved my own controller driven time to 1:38:6xx in the bentley
    i don't know how much more i can squeeze out of it, i am using aggressive setup with minimal fuel. TC and ABS 4.
    time with the Huracan is basically the same, using there TC 3 and ABS 1

10. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

These are my pb sector times:

1:33.936

My best last sector is about 0.2 seconds quicker, the others are close to my best.

11. flihp

flihp Racer

Thank you, , , more practice needed :)

That was the first time I decided to look at “timetables”, I never clicked on it before thinking it was just like a schedule page that would have info during a race weekend or s9mething, lol , the wording is a bit deceiving,

12. Nesja

Nesja Racer

I managed to make more improvement and this lap also looks nicer than my previous ones.
    It just looks so smooth (it didn't feel this smooth driving it, lol).

Thx!

I just tried various amounts of ABS and with ABS on 1 or 2 I noticed that sometimes one of the front tyres (the unloaded one) locks up.
    With ABS on 3 the tyres never lock up. So I keep it at that. I don't know if higher may be faster. I assume that the less electronic aids you use, the faster the car will be, as long as it can be driven stable while pushing. So I keep it as low as possible.

With TC the difference between 3 and 4 is huge. On 3 the car will often create way too much oversteer. On 4 it's fine.

Thug and AC_RAF like this.
  13. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Yes this.
    Dynamic Weather, cooling your tyres and still knock out fast laps constantly makes so much more fun.

Since I have more fun in long runs i ended up being first place there with 19:45.8xx.
    Setups is fully different to my actual dry setup.
    Funny enough my failed Dry setup I just tried out in this Wet Event for fun as it didn't worked out in Hotlap.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

14. Nesja

Nesja Racer

I'm 10 slower in the hotstint.
    What lap times are you doing?
    Also, have you tried the default wet setup?

15. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

From my Laptimes i made a Screenshot, but will post later as i am still working and typing with Smartphone.
    Default Wet was not my taste of setup.
    I just tried my first dry setup and did worked out.
    It has aero of 9 with Aerobalance of 4.4%
    60mm front splitter, soft suspension, less camber, higher toe and very important is to have 23-24 psi.
    More i dont remember now and sadly i am 400km away from my gaming PC..
    So i cant share more infos right now.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

16. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

As said here are my laptimes:
    Hotstint.jpg

jo_siffert and Shaddix like this.
  17. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'm slightly worried about the last 2 laps, but the first one is terrifying.

18. M96

M96 Racer

Could you kindly post the setup/a video? You are amazingly fast, congratulations!
    Obviously when and if you have the time to do so!

19. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Setup i can share on the weekend, i am now 400km away from home.
    Video is planned, but i need to drive a new fast run which is equal.
    Replay runs bad fps-wise.
    So i need to run Relive=Shadowplay while driving.

M96 and Shaddix like this.
  20. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Racer

Right now i am 3.5 secs behind him on 3rd place - if someone will try my setup here it is:

btw: i have no clue what i was doing setup wise - a click here and there and just driving like i quit friday evening from work heading to home :)

PS: @Deatroy: congrats :-D

Attached Files:

M96, fabT and Deatroy like this.