1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Special Events in Release 0.2

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Before I went to bed yesterday I did 2 runs on the Hotstint event, 1st on wet tyres, 2nd on slick tyres.
    I wanted to see how the lap times develop throught the session.

At the end of each run there was a screen that (I guess) should show the lap times and stint duration, but on both runs this screen was empty.

Is this a bug or doesn't this work for now? (I think I didn't run the Hotstint event on Nürb)

My result on wet tyres have been saved, but I didn't pay attention at the end of the run on dry tyres, thought I had another lap to go and by that forgot to look at the overall time for the stint.

It would be nice to have the results working to see if (/when) the slick tyres will be faster with the drying track.

2. nightfire275

nightfire275 Gamer

Doing that event on the wets is definitely faster. Even with the overheating you have to contend with in the second half of the stint, by comparison I could never get the dry tyres to a working temperature with the aggressive preset setup despite trying to overdrive the car to heat them up. You start off way slower on the dry tyres than the wet tyres and while you end up gaining time every lap on the drys, you can still never quite hit the times of the wets even on the final lap of the stint.

It was still a fun experiment though, and trying to drive the Bentley on the opening laps of the stint on the dry tyres was a load of fun. Can't wait for more events like this. :)

Schnipp likes this.
  3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I had a feeling the wets would be overall faster and yes, the slicks never got to working temps.
    Yet it would still be nice to see the lap chart to gather some experience when to used wet tyres and when it's time to change to slicks (and vice versa).

4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I agree about the overview, but the Hotstint event really isn't meant to be tried on slicks.
    For this sensation, try the 3rd event, I still don't know which compound is better in the end.

5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, it was more about curiousity. Didn't get to the superpole yet, but since in practice we can't have dynamic weather just now (at least afaik) it's the only way to gain some experience over multiple laps with both tyres choices.

6. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I was way faster on the slicks in the superpole event, even with with them being really cold about half way in the first lap (2nd lap was basically hopeless). But then again I drove the cr@p out of the wets on the outlap, might not have been the smartest way :D I might just have to try again in a more civilized way! Loving these events so far.

7. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Is the drying line supposed to be visible? I can hardly see any progression on track. Although I can feel it which is just amazing!

8. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

you can notice quiet a diference in track(and as you said feel it) i belive in current version you will not see it fully dry since it is constantly raining light rain

[​IMG]

you can see on the link exactlly where dry line is and where it is still wet and pudles

9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

When I finish a quick race, I have never been able to complete a lap to go back to the pit, it always stops by itself, usually just after T1.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  10. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

I guess its true that people don't like driving in the wet. Currently ranked 231st in the Misano hotlap event but top 50 in both the Misano hotstint (19:58) and Nürburgring superpole (1:59).

I'm not missing something in being able to select the leader board and scroll through all the times? Would be interested to know how many people have had a serious crack at all the special events.

11. Akbalder

Akbalder Racer

Showing the ranking as a place number doesn't mean much when the player isn't in the top world players. It would be better to display it as a percentage.
    It could even be displayed on the page showing all the events. Each player could set its own goal: for example reach the top 70% on each event.

12. Nesja

Nesja Racer

It must be ~9000 people in the hotlap one.

mms likes this.
  13. mms

mms Alien

Yeah, that matches what I calculated from my rating/position...

14. Minolin

> 10k, 1/3 in the Hotstint

nfsw55, fabT, Nesja and 2 others like this.
  15. Tberg

Tberg Alien

+1 in all events when VR gets lock to horizon :D

16. p.g.49

p.g.49 Gamer

Hotstint Misano is my absolute favorite,and I drive it a lot,but I never thought I was going to be first at any stage...
    I am very confused ..o_O

Minolin likes this.
  17. p.g.49

p.g.49 Gamer

My Misano Hotstint lap times:

18. Minolin

You did a 1:38.466 first lap?!

19. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

My Misano hotstint time is 20:00 , with this kind of progression :
    - first lap : 1:42:50
    - 3 next laps : improving until 1:40:00
    - 5th lap : 1:39:xxx
    - next / last laps : improving until 1:38:50

So I can be pretty quick, but I need a few laps to reach this laptimes.

Edit : I am a bit confused about which setup choosing.
    I assume wet tyres are needed, but with a slick setup or wet setup?
    I have done my hotstint with the agressive setup.

20. p.g.49

p.g.49 Gamer

Yes i did,I feel that the track conditions are not always the same,Is that possible in any way?

Sometimes tires are redhot after the first lap,and sometimes after 6 or 7 laps.
    Car setup is same every time.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    AC_RAF likes this.