1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Great community video summary of the Ratings TR,CN,CC,PC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'm very grateful that the community again delivers - my appreciation for this explanation of the first ratings by @Serta Farenz

Aaand the 2nd part is live, covering SA and RC
    (and some embarassing talk in the end you can just skip)

Thanks Serta - and discuss!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Gilmar, McKiernan, Fremen_78 and 19 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room EGT Canada - Great racing and a superb community Feb 9, 2022
    Console Lounge Great community Aug 25, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions American DLC - One great track, still must have Nov 12, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room 12 hr charity race for Great Ormond Street Hospital - hosted by RWB International Sep 23, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Would be great to do online races with Ratings turned off Sep 10, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Another great news for Quest 2 users, maybe works to Rift too. May 27, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Great Sim but is there a way to read out telemetry? May 26, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Great to see VirtualR sim racing website back in full swing May 29, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Great - I'm at the start line and it's raining. Now what? Apr 4, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Mouse controls seem to be working great! Feb 4, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Great visual of ACC's physics in real time... Jan 25, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer CP races are great! Jan 22, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Special Event]Le Mans'66 -The Great Challenge Oct 29, 2019
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #142 – The first step to greatness Aug 18, 2019
    ACC General Discussions This game is great Jul 22, 2019

3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Thank you, great video.

Serta Farenz likes this.
  4. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Very helpful. Thanks for the effort Serta.
    I predict many views and "oh that's what it is" moments from viewers.

Serta Farenz likes this.
  5. Serta Farenz

Serta Farenz Gamer

Thanks for the kind words, peeps.

Yeah - it's not difficult to understand. But when you're in front of it and nobody has explained it to you, you at first feel overwhelmed. That's why I tried to absorb what @Minolin was explaining, and hoped to make it easier to understand to the YouTube family of SimRacers out there.

Seems I was quite successful. Also thanks to Minolin who explained to me a couple of things I had gotten wrong.

6. Minolin

Aaaand the 2nd part is live (in the front post)!

GRFOCO, Ischemica, edcoronag and 4 others like this.
  7. mms

mms Alien

I was wondering, in the second video is mentioned that in order to unlock SA you need to have PC50, could that be a difficult limit to overcome for newcomers? @Minolin

8. Minolin

Maybe, we need to observe this for sure. It's intended that it looks like you need to be in the top 50% (which excludes 50% by nature), but in fact it is way more permissive:
    Any best, valid lap (or hotstint approache) goes to the leaderboards. That means that a certain amout of entries aren't even serious.
    Then your rank is only the best of 3, which again raises the amount of drivers that go past PC. Deep investigations are pending, will bring numbers as soon as I have them.

But yeah, obivously PC is meant to be some trial, but not really a problem if you care enough.

mms likes this.
  9. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Good system idea. The one thing i do not like, however, is to be forced to drive the challenges to unlock beyond I think the fourth rating. My interest for these challenges I can name with mathematical precision: it is exactly zero point zero zero, and it was like that in assetto corsa (1) as well, and so i did not drive even a single challenge in AC1 at all: I just did not care, and I still do not care, not one bit. That means that drivers like me will not unlock the fifth and sixth rating, and that renders the whole system pretty useless for us then. I woud keep the ratings focussed to driving action in practice, qulaification and race duzring formal race weekends, ma yit be single race or season, and leave hotlapping and free practicing out of it, so that players can also choose to just go out cruising and wreaking havoc on the AI in private SP without getting effected by rating changes, if that is what they want. How a pro driver drives during an event on track and under his contract , and drives in private, are two differtent things as well, in the end.

As a side effect, useful or not, it would also mimic the fact that in real life you may do practice in pirvate time to improve, but for assessment of your skill and driving in the sports business and pro world, only your stuff done during official events and in formal sessions would be counted. You do not train in the championship race of the season you train before the season and its sessions - in order to make it to the championship race.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  10. Minolin

Coming back to
    At the moment you need to beat one of the following to get a PC 50:

#004: 01:38.721 (Hotlap, Bentley@Misano) + 5.7s
    #005: 10 laps | 16:49.848 (Hotstint, Bentley@Misano) + 2 laps
    #006: 02:04.584 (Superpole, Huracan@Nürburgring) + 6.9s

At least the hotlap looks quite easy, for 11 laps you only need the consistency to do the laps without spins or penalties.
    But ya, 6 and 7 seconds off world record pace (for a rank in the middle) are a bit surprising and require adjustments. Sadly this means we lose the very simple meaning of the PC rating, but I don't see how we get away without some kind of gamma function applied.

That means you will refuse to do at least one hotlap in a leaderboard, instead of just considering it as a necessary trial?
    I do understand that you are simply not interested in the events (but they don't really compare to AC1, at least not the ones for the PC rating, and I really suggest to have a look at the Hotstint at least). But ignoring the good stuff for not doing a one-time action because it's not as interesting seems a bit extreme to me.

Looking at the numbers above - one Hotlap below 1:38.721 and your problem is solved for a lifetime.
    (well except we reset the ratings during the EA process ofc)

AurusCE, fabT, R. Iván and 2 others like this.
  11. mms

mms Alien

Yeah, that would be sad, wondering if there could be a different way to unlock SA instead of the rating being higher than 50...let's say your PC rating stabilizing (stops improving).

12. Minolin

Ya, open to any kind of idea here.. There is a problem to be solved.
    However the current approach is made to be in line with how all of the ratings work, and wanted to be the most intuitive and easy solution that serves the purpose. The ratings are complex enough already, so we shouldn't make things even harder to understand.

My guts (without thinking about it too much) feels like we may need secondary ways to get to the 50 PC (like a little bonus for participation), while the whole character remains as is.
    If somebody has a good idea, just open a thread about it in the Rating section.

Edit: but looking at the bright side: Our levels of competition are *insane* according to those numbers. 5272 people within 5.7s, this is just wow.

R. Iván, BEsnake and mms like this.
  13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Obviously a quesiton of subjective taste. Me, this idea of needing to have participated in online trials to unlock the other ratings while maybe I only care for SP races, has left me behind already. I have this design focus on online activity already in Raceroom - and I ignore it completely, or better, since I do not make an active decision but simply stick to my taste and preference: I do not care for it. I drive SP 99% of the time. I also hated for exmaple the old driving schools in older Gran Turismo games.

I hope that content of the full game or options availability of any kind in the single player mode of the season will not depend on these ratings being completed. If any form of "unlocking" feature is linked to these ratings, then I absolutely would not like that.

In the end, the ratings only are useful for online players anyway. Players who are not interested in online at all (which are not few players), have no further need for these ratings. So maybe just switch off the window in the top right corner. At least as long as specific details in the seaosn modus for single players do not get affected by them, like I already said above.

Or do AI drivers get influenced in any way by player ratings? Or season details in SP mode?

14. [QUOTE = "Skybird, post: 1005954, member: 3712"]
    ......So maybe just switch off the window in the top right corner [/ CITAZIONE]

Exactly and run happy ....