1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

No Red Bull Ring?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Poguinhas, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Exactly as @sirgaric said, Kunos would be smart enough not to start development on any more tracks and cars until they can confirm they will be in the series.

@Fernandito as many others said, it is too expensive for the teams to do more than ten rounds. In Europe alone you've got British GT, Blancpain Europe, Blancpain Endurance, ADAC GT Masters, VLN and GT Open just to name a few. Then you've got to take into account all the other series in America (Blancpain America, IMSA) , Australia (Australian GT), Asia (Blancpain Asia, ALMS) and the international series such as WEC, 24h Series, Intercontinental GT Challenge and so on. Baring in mind that GT3 is not made for factory teams, you've got private teams all with different budgets. Some teams like WRT Audi, Grasser Racing etc are fine with doing many different series because they can afford it, have the cars, drivers and factory support to do so. Others, such as Oman Racing with a single Aston Martin that is owned by TF Sport, clearly don't have the same resources, so can only dedicate themselves to a limited number of series. Finally, considering you have large grids of up to 68 cars in a Blancpain Endurance grid (for Spa 24h that is, though it is typically at 56 cars for a normal endurance race) SRO and Blancpain would want to keep the car participation around that number, but the more races they add, the less teams that would be able to participate in the entire championship, again due to the resources. It also effects the drivers, as many of the drivers will race in Blancpain, ADAC GT Master, as well as other kinds of racing such as DTM, which means they are likely to get clashes with these events, meaning the drivers may not be able to participate, again making it harder for the teams. An example of this was going to be next year, where the final endurance round for Blancpain was originally set to be at the Nurburgring, which clashed with the WEC Silverstone race (I think it was Silverstone). This would have been bade, as many of the endurance drivers for Blancpain Endurance also race in WEC, such as Nicki Thiim, Johnny Adam and so on. Adding more races to the calendar would just make it harder for all teams and drivers.

Not saying I don't want more races though, as I do love watching them.

Fernandito likes this.
  2. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I really don't think Kunos should be advanced on their work with the Red Bull Ring, considering that it would only be released for summer next year and they have 9 other tracks to release before that (or 7, if you consider that 2 are already released).

3. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I can live without the Red Bull Ring, but I was really looking forward to it. However Zandvoort is a welcomed addition and probably will make up for the loss.

4. trutya

trutya Simracer

oh, ****... just read it now.
    RBR is close, Zandvoort is very far.. no visit next year.

5. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Now I've seen everything.

pankykapus and D.Jankovic like this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Lol! I assume that you like Monza and so do I.

Monza is a very nice track with a good flow to it and straights suitable for great slipstream overtake battles. The setup tweaking is also good fun here - aero is king.

But some people seem to like a track only if there's no corner above 5o kpH included ;-)

Whitestar likes this.
  7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Well, we do not know, do we. RBR was one of the later track releases in AC, and so its data might be not that much out of date that parts of it might not be used . And we do not know how their working progress internally is, with different parts of the project. Maybe their track team is already done with almolst everything and sits there, being bored, while cars, sound and physics crews desperately work over-hours trying to meet the time table. :)

Dont get me wrong, i do not push a view here that we will get it later on, but since we do not know anything, I just do not rule it out categorically as long as they do not say officially "No". I also do not rule out the Nordschleife and other tracks in later DLCs. I also do not say we WILL get them for sure. In one year or so maybe they will have decided how to move on, and will make announcements about their later plans. Then we know for sure.

8. Felge Schneider

Felge Schneider Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, also it's one of the most legendary tracks like Spa, Silverstone or Nürburgring.
    I couldn't name one part of the track I don't like and thats a rare thing ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. Well take a look on SRO series, Blancpain europe, Asia, America, Intercontinental GT Challenge, British GT, GT4 across the globe, Blanc Europe with 10 tracks Asia with 6, North America with 6 or 8 and IntGTC with 5 next year with inclusion of Kyalami, i dont know how will be the future of ACC but options for DLC are great, if Kunos choose 3 more series of SRO, ACC had more than 20 tracks, a good number

10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Elevation changes, rather challenging first turn, some good overtaking spots, beautiful mountain scenery around the circuit (in AC it was one of the best looking tracks for sure).

Perhaps the old circuit was better, no idea, but for a modern circuit it's a good one, IMHO.

Zandvoort is nice too for different reasons, though.

mESCx and davperes like this.
  11. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Red Bull ring was planed to be in 2019 Blancpain season. They cancelled it since other track was closer for logistic. and that means no Red Bull ring in ACC. Neither we can expect it added just for fun. Unless we get some DLC maybe that have RBR in that series but we are way way from any DLC`s, other than that discussion of RBR being added is so pointless. And reviving this tread is not necessary

Reiche likes this.
  12. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

IMO, it was better before. It was much less technical but very fast and dangerous, especially before they added the chicane after the climb on the start/finish straight.
    Plus, at the grandstand in the Bosch Kurve (which is now called Schlossgold) they had the best fries in all of the country :)

13. Turk

Turk Alien

I didn't really like Monza at first either, it grew on me the more I raced it though, same with Silverstone. I think Monza is a great track now and really forces drivers to be consistent and accurate.

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. Didn't they say that since rbr is part of the 2018 season, we are getting it anyway?

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Where?

16. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Son likes this.
  17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Red Bull Ring was on the 2019 calendar until recently when it got replaced by Zandvoort because of real-world logistics reasons.

18. Awesome laser scanned zandvoort , great track too i can imagine it will be very tricky in the wet with its bumpy parts:)

After_Midnight, Dookie, Arlo and 3 others like this.
  19. Turk

Turk Alien

I was growing to like RBR too, I like the first corner, it took me a while to discover the fast way through those corners.

I wonder had Kunos started work on it? Maybe they could have pulled a lot of the data from the AC version? It's a shame to lose it and I suppose even if they had the track made they might have lost the license when the deal with Blancpain fell through.