1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Special Events in Release 0.2

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. milka050644

milka050644 Rookie

Like @DuckeyTapey said, there is a problem with the weather not beeing paused while sitting at the pit screen after restarting a session.

Was about to begin a Stint (sitting at the pit screen) and got a phone call, after 20 minutes i begun my stint and was wondering about my wet tires getting red after one Lap. Was driving bad but improved my Laptime. After that i tried to reproduce this behaviour, loaded my dry set, alt tabbed out of the game and started my stint after 30 or 40 minutes on dry tires! Can someone from the staff please delete my Time from the leaderboard? Let me please know if i should sent logfiles or anything else .

P.S. I also have the feeling that something isnt right with the hotlap mode after restarting a session, respectivley different grip levels consist (just a feeling)

2. RS10

RS10 Simracer

i did the event for the first time today and my first thought was

"how did P1 even post their time on the misano hotstint"?

i thought it would end the session when the 20 minutes are over and then check the time for the last line crossing ... for me that is (rather mediocre) 18:41 minutes and 11 laps ... how did the current p1 and p2 even do 20:50 and 21:20 ?
    upload_2018-11-1_22-9-17.png

i was surprised by P3 as well but then i read about the drying track in the setup screen

3. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

The 20 minute countdown already starts running as soon as you start moving, but the stint time starts counting once you cross the s/f-line, so you lose at least like 15 seconds before reaching the s/f-line if you don't waste any time at the start. I think if you do 12 laps in 19:44 or lower you'll be able to do another lap. About the P1 time, his average laptime is low 1.36, so maybe that's @milka050644 's time on slicks and dry track? But definitely not something that should be possible. P3 time is perfectly fine. My time after 12 laps was low 19:42, so not that much quicker.

4. mms

mms Alien

That's not how it works. When the time (20 minutes) is up, it lets you finish the lap, the resulting time is when you cross the finish line of that lap. That's why #1 and #2 have lap times longer than 20 minutes. There's an issue with the start of the timer, it starts not when you cross the start line of the first lap, that's why in most cases you don't have the full 20 minutes...

5. milka050644

milka050644 Rookie

Thats right, was my time on slicks and dry track as described above. Therefore i asked for deleting the time from the leaderboard. By the way the track still drys while sitting at the pitscreen...

DuckeyTapey likes this.
  6. RS10

RS10 Simracer

Oh i always stopped once it said "session over" ...

it should say "finish the lap" instead once the timer runs out and the timer should start once you cross the line

7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

By any chance some of the top guys who experienced a dry track from the start of the race, aborted a race before the start of the fastest run by returning to pits instead of restarting the session?
    I'm quite sure I've started on a dry track doing it this way, but my countdown timer didn't reset and that's why I restarted the session. This might explain why the numbers 1 and 2 on the list have time above the 20 minutes aswell.
    I will try this again some time later today.

8. milka050644

milka050644 Rookie

The track still drys while sitting at the pit screen. Select Hot Stint, click start, click confirm, go to Pits/Setup Screen and wait 20 Minutes, during waiting the track will dry. Fortunately the first lap will trigger a invalid lap/session if the track state isnt wet enough (like Minolin described in another thread) and the stint will not count. Good to see that this exploit isnt possible anymore. Only thing i am missing atm is to delete my time from the leaderboard

Oblit0r likes this.
  9. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ya that's a bit more complicated to be honest, requires some coding I didn't find the time for yet :-/

10. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Maybe a stupid question and I'm quite sure it's not easy to code, but isn't it possible to reset the track to a specific percentage of wetness as soon as the timer starts to run?
    Like in hotlap mode, the track resets every time you cross the start/finish line. Instead of this, the track resets when the countdown timer starts to run for the hotstint event.

Edit: Oops, I misread what you were replying to xD question still stands tho.

11. Minolin

Yes, but this hides issues, like the current one. It was properly implemented and tested in the first run, but then changes in way the setup works invented this bug. That's a the challenge during such an agile approach of adding so many features, while we are already "out".
    During the EA I'd rather want to learn about this, and do things properly. Especially looking at MP, we cannot accept weather/daytime desyncs.

But yes, towards 1.0 this seems to be a good additional thing to do, depends on the confidence and amount of cases we had during the EA process.

mms, p.g.49, Ricky Reject and 2 others like this.
  12. fabT

fabT Alien

I'd say just reset the leaderboard.
    I'm within the first 40-50 ( edit: actually i am #20 , didn't even care to check :D), but personally i do care about the challenge and the fun, not the actual rank.

That way data will be clean, otherwise no point into digging into it later.
    Moreover it's uninteresting to compare (own) times to others done with different conditions.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    p.g.49 likes this.
  13. Minolin

A bit extreme, but with almost 2/4 weeks to go this may be a solution indeed.
    What do the top-row guys think, I guess there was a lot of time sunk into the current topXX ranks

D.Jankovic, DuckeyTapey and fabT like this.
  14. fabT

fabT Alien

It's Early Access after all, isn't it?
    No big deal.

However, let's see what the fast guys think indeed.

DuckeyTapey likes this.
  15. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

No problem with resetting the leaderboard here.

p.g.49 likes this.
  16. milka050644

milka050644 Rookie

imo resetting would be the way to go. But only with fixing the trackstate. Atm 20 Minutes of waiting triggers a invalid lap/session, whats with 19 or 18 or 17 minutes of waiting and so on. Would also go one step further and get rid of +1 sec time penalty, if you cut to excessive the stint doesnt count like in the hotlap mode where only your fastest cutting free time counts

17. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

No issues for me with resetting the leaderboards (#17 here). It's EA after all, it's to be expected. Even when the full game is released and there's BoP changes between patches, I'd want the leaderboards for the BoP'ed cars to get reset aswell (maybe not if a specific car is faster after the BoP, but certainly if it's been nerfed).

18. Naer

Naer Gamer

I have a question. In the hotstint even, when I go offtrack I don't see my lap as invalid. Is still valid the hotstint? That has no sense to me, I supposed every lap should be clean.

19. Minolin

In Hotstint, you don't get a penalty if you lost time. Would be quite frustrating to drive 20 (or much more) time just to lose a complete lap = the full hotstint attempt just because you went wide a bit, without advantage.

mms likes this.
  20. Naer

Naer Gamer

Oh, I see your point. But I think it's unfair if I can go faster taking a bit extra of the curbs. I would like a strict (hard) mode where every lap should be clean.

Or just a filter, I like that in RSR for Assetto Corsa. Filter by clean hotstint, wheel or pad, simulation level, guide line, etc...

Would be a feature nice to have in the leaderboards.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018