1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Suspension and Spart... setups, I mean setups!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Sep 12, 2018.

1. dgeesio

dgeesio Rookie

any idea when set ups will be in the game as in some person cfg copy ? there is lots of criteria to copy if you do it one by one and many either dont understand what to change or its too time consuming to copy and change all of the data. also some of the default set ups are terrible. surely the base default should be as good as can be made for the masses. somethings are miles out. if you dont know how to change or understand how to make these better your enjoy or hoping to compete is straight out the window from the off.

emerson 2 likes this.
  2. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

@Aristotelis
    Please, 2 words on the suspension's graph?

How read it, how manage it, how...?

Epistolarius likes this.
  3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'm not sure what you're asking. Setups are in-game. Setup sharing isn't (but may be added, we'll see). Setup files can be found at ...\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Setups and could be shared between players manually.

4. AurusCE, GRFOCO and Epistolarius like this.
  5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

GRFOCO likes this.
  6. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Oh my... total blind to miss that.
    Thanks.

7. dgeesio

dgeesio Rookie

so can you just drop in someone elses set up ? if so would love a set up thats decent for both cars . cheers ! is there anywhere that shares these?

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah, as long as the files are from a compatible ACC version (setups from Early Access release 1 & 2 are not compatible with each other). I'm not sure if there's a site dedicated for sharing the files yet. I suppose RD's subforum could do but it's not really populated. https://www.racedepartment.com/forums/assetto-corsa-competizione-setups.65/ Or perhaps someone could make a thread here.

9. I hope it's the right place to share the videos of Chris Haye. They're very helpful :)

Deatroy, alecrx, Dookie and 3 others like this.
  10. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

I have those saved look like a good set of tutorials.

Deatroy and After_Midnight like this.
  11. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

For everyone always useful.
    Due the Special Events you can always compare Hotlap Vs hotstint Times and their Setups.
    What i noticed: When I am 1s away from Hotlap Time, it totally switches in Hotstints.
    Seems often that many have a setup only worth one lap, but cant hold that speed on 9-65min Stints :)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

12. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

HELP

I can only seem to find one diff setting, called "preload differential", AC has power and coast.

Also, what's with the "realism", can't seem to find anything linked to that.

Thanks, LATE4APEX

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Blancpain doesn't have adjustable diff settings by the rules of the series.

Viggdred likes this.
  14. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

If that's the case, what is the "preload differential" setting for in ACC car setup ?

15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

ACC does have diff settings as per the BP rules - the preload. It means that to a certain degree the diff is always active. So if you want more lock, increase this value and decrease it if you want less lock. The maximum available lock is not available and neither can coast and accelleration be separated, obviously.

16. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Yep, did some research, and coast and acceleration will both go up or down together, which is not as good as separate, but will still work for me, as I usually go down on both.

LeDude83 likes this.
  17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I haven't really got too deep into setups as yet just minor tweaks to the defaults which are surprisingly pretty good, in the Ferrari at Hungaroring I was on the aggressive at mid 1:43 but then did an mp race were I joined late so couldn't change setup and was stock default 60L fuel. I was kind of surprised I was able to go sub 1:44 with this setup and lots of fuel early. So I tried some hotlaps with just minor pressure changes and less TC ABS then the default safe. I did 1:43.1 and can much easier see a 1:42 then were I was going with the stiffer aggressive setup, over the curbs the safe setup really handles quite well and at this track that's worth quite a bit of time.

Also checking out these laps in the real car helped with the line and gearing into corners, still I prefer 3rd into t4 though he used 4th 1st lap and 3rd the other 2. The rest of the lap is much the same as @David Perel (hope that's the real one here:D) in the video, main place I was struggling was using 1st a bit too much into t2 and the chicane but 2nd is much better. T8 I was not hitting enough curb and taking it in 2nd but 3rd there is better, then entry into 11 causes me some issue as I either go a bit wide of apex or touch the inside curb a bit too much and get loose. The exit here there are big gains getting on power early but if you don't nail the entry then it will run too wide and go invalid. Much the same as T4 which are fun corners at this surprisingly fun track to drive at.

[​IMG]

I think credit to @Aristotelis or whoever made the base setups, its nice to have a good solid baseline that can get within 1 sec of the record laps before really digging into tweaks. It means we can hopefully jump into any car in a track we know and be reasonably competitive assuming its in good conditions, obviously lower grip and some rain plus endurance runs things will need more adjusting. But these sets in all the cars so far have been pretty decent and probably the best base sets in any sim I have tried to date.

18. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

With Ferrari on default setup i'm not able to run flat out T3 like the video above.

Too much understeer, i must lift off the throttle.
    If i want push and try to go fulltrottle i must enter tight on the right curb going over them with 2 wheels but in this way the car jumps and has a nervous reaction when it "lands", so or i lose time or i lose... the car...

In the video the car goes trougth T3 without any apparently issues and it doesn't cut the line to fight understeer like happen to me.