1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Little trick how you might get more FPS (no graphics settings changed)

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Fr0zzen, Oct 13, 2018.

1. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Will try, although i have rougly around 110-140fps (depending how many AI in sight and what weather). But higher is always better, no matter what one has, right? :D

2. ianglate

ianglate Gamer

You are right :oops:

Same video setting:

• Average framerate : 52.8 FPS
    • Minimum framerate : 38.4 FPS
    • Maximum framerate : 71.0 FPS
    • 1% low framerate : 45.6 FPS
    • 0.1% low framerate : 31.4 FPS

3. ianglate

ianglate Gamer

In the benchmark I set 15 opponents

With a substantial number of AI the performance is poor :( my video card has only 3gb ;)

4. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

How do you guys perform that "benchmark" ? Is it something inside ACC or you follow some already defined procedure?

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

We as the community should create a scenario somewhere in between of "easy going" and "PC burns" to be able to compare.

For example: First lap of a 10 AI race at dusk in medium rain. Player starts in the middle. Start to benchmark with race start and stop right at finish line after first lap.

Post the results plus your settings and we'll have a somewhat solid baseline for measuring our d...performance! PC performance.

But what benchmark tool should we use? Afterburner is always good but I think it doesn't generate handy numbers...only graphs and logs, right?

6. ianglate

ianglate Gamer

Mine was just a test to try to improve the gaming performance with a medium quality video card.
    However I should do more precise tests to see if I really go faster :cool:

Yes Msi Afterburner with RivaTuner Statistics Server by Guru3D.com ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  7. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I tried this and can confirm : it works !
    I play in VR, in every turn I could see some jaggies, now it's smoother, near perfect. I could even push the SS to 150 and it's still smooth.

My rig : i5 4690K and 980GTX

Then I had to do a fresh install of ACC. When I launched the game again it wasn't as smooth as before : that was because I forgot to set the CPU to low for ACC.
    When I set it to low, it was smooth again.

So yes I confirm it works, I could tell the difference twice.

Some other people here told it doesn't work, maybe because it was smooth already, so they don't see the difference (maybe from 90fps to 100...?)

Fr0zzen and ianglate like this.
  8. FHarbor

FHarbor Gamer

I tied it too. Zero difference

Ryzen 5 1600,GTX 1060 3GB, 2x4GB RAM

9. Rudski

Rudski Alien

The power setting in the balanced plan only changes the clock of your CPU when the PC is idle, it downclocks the CPU, if you launch a game it will tell the CPU to go to max clock.
    Windows does not lower the CPU clock when you're playing a game regardless of the mode, that's why you don't see a difference.

10. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

No thanks.

11. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

It sounds counterintuitive but it appears to work for some

Thinking aloud could it be some background process that when ACC is normal or high priority requests some time but is denied as ACC is thr higher priority, then when the process is eventually allowed some CPU time it has a queue of stuff to do so takes longer than it would have were it allowed to do its work at the original request? and ACC with a lower priority would allow the initial request to complete quicker without a queue forming?

12. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Priority over what? I'm not being smart but think about it? Unless you are running MULTIPLE apps which both require huge CPU time then yes, switching to higher will gain you some performance. But and this is a big BUT, if like I suspect you only run AC in the background then no, you should not really notice much performance increase.
    Go to task manager, processes and click sort by CPU. Notice the apps, lets say you have chrome, steam, mouse apps, nvidia apps, windows core, notice how the CPU is almost at 00. (Assuming you aren't running a potato).

Now let's say you run AC and then run a massive unzipping app to do some work, then yes, setting priority to AC will make it run smoother, but who in their right mind starts unzipping while driving around Imola? I don't know too many people who do.

andrea.chiovato likes this.
  13. MrDoku

MrDoku Rookie

Ahem, the OP didn't mention changing the power plan at all. The 'low' priority has nothing to do with clock rates or power plans and has everything to do with scheduling. (windows scheduling is slightly different to most modern OS, unless win10 changed that).

Don't forget that ACC runs multiple threads...for AI...for main loop...for updating GPU...for updating screen (fps)...each with the 'priority' of the main thread.

But as no-one knows how ACC is programmed, it's all just speculation (I have some ideas). Just try it and see.

14. I experienced a strange thing yesterday by testing some video settings. Maybe you guys can clarify.
    I put in a race about 20 AI, FPS stuck to low 60 even, basically the FPS remain the same as I set normal/high settings or low settings, that should easy fo my GPU.
    I thaught it was due to CPU bottleneck (I have an old i7) and I checked the usage:

CPU never even near 80% (all cores)
    GPU was form approx 55% with low settings to 100% high settings
    I have 4Gb GPU and 16Gb RAM so I don't know what else I should check.
    Thanks

15. Alex2

Alex2 Gamer

Will increase RAM from 8 to 16 GB a better FPS output?

16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

No.

17. FHarbor

FHarbor Gamer

More stable min 0.1, 1% fps maybe, like in GTA V.

18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

1 % counts as measurement uncertainty for me. And how would anything be more stable?

19. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

How many of you here with a decent rig and at least 16GB RAM don't use pagefile?, I have found out that not having it enabled also may cause a bit of instability; just a bit but it's there. i74790k; 970g1; ssd500gb and 16GBram

I would also suggest all those of you with hyperthreading processors to leave it enabled for this game despite it uses four cores under most circumstances. My cpu without HT is 4 cores, but even at that 4Ghz stock frequency without HT the game runs worse, just like its also happening with games like Far Cry5, Assasins Creed etc where no matter how powerful your cpu is, if you don't have more than 4 cores then you might be into trouble with shuttering, hence enabling hyperthreading in all this games fixes all problems. I mean, I just have to laugh at all those recommending the last gen i5 instead of a good i7 with HT, because if I would have heard them then I'd just have to change cpu to play some games properly without seeing my cpu, even at 4Ghz spking up to 100% most of the time with these kind of games.

We have to remember this is an early access as well. I mean, let us live with this annoyances and easen them as much as we can in our respective rigs, and then when version 1.0 is released then we can expect proper optimization, and see how the game truly ends up running. From there it will be just ironing things out patch after patch, but we still must wait to 1.0.

20. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Updated to the latest nvidia driver yesterday and seemed to get a definite performance boost, not sure if it was that or the hot fix but something seemed improved.....