1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Taking advantage of RTX Cards other than Raytracing?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by th3o, Oct 20, 2018.

1. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Hello Kunos Team,

i was wondering whether or not you guys will take advantage of the Technology in the RTX Cards besides Raytracing. For example the DLSS tech. Is this something you plan to take a look at or will you probably utilize the RTX cards just as any other graphics card, no matter if NVIDIA or AMD, 10series , Vega etc.?

Cheers

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics COTA AI taking strange lines in the first sector. Jul 2, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ai overtaking competence Feb 7, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Leader of CP race lost connection and turned into a missile (taking me out) Jun 22, 2020
    ACC General Discussions No place in the game for taking cars out intentionally - disgusting May 28, 2020
    Screens & Videos Taking on Bellofs legendary Nordschleife lap record in a Porsche 962 (VR) Apr 30, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Racecraft/overtaking in multiplayer race. Give position...? Apr 19, 2020
    ACC Gameplay No AI Overtaking (1.3.10) More Info Added! Apr 17, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Overtaking while rolling start without penalty Apr 15, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI overtaking Mar 8, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Poor visuals with taking screenshot with F8 shortcut Jun 5, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI changes line when overtaking as often as she wants? Apr 23, 2019
    Screens & Videos Overtaking Compilation - VR|46*NoSkill™ Jun 2, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Replay taking extreme space when using VR Mar 24, 2017
    Sounds modding Best practises for taking a high end sports car sound samples? Jan 21, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Race start - always overtaking too many cars before the 1st corner Jan 5, 2017

3. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

This game was featured in Nvidia’s presentation so I would say yes! You can find it on YouTube

4. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Just because it was featured does not necessarily mean that Raytracing will come. It may also have been just a temporary partnership for demonstration purposes :) You never know.
    But anyways i was not interested in the Raytracing as i reckon that i won't take an fps hit just for nicer reflections and shadows :) - Was more interested in the DLSS feature and roughly 40-50% power gain

5. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

DLSS is limited only to 4K, thats sad.
    But as it annonced i guess nvidia will help someday to get this RTX Patch out there.
    DLSS should also be implemented then, even only 1% can use it.

6. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

other resolutions are also possible, not only 4K

7. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Nvidia itself told it at the launch that DLSS is limited to 4k for now.
    When other (lower) resolutions are "open" is not known yet and if it does give a Boost like in 4k we will see then.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

dermonty likes this.
  8. Matteo

Matteo Simracer

I wouldn't expect ray tracing any time soon, as per Kunos interview (the italian one) he was saying, if I remember correct, that the nvidia demo was done from nvidia himself and that right now with rtx enabled, acc is running at 30fps.

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

First reviews I saw of dlss is that its an upscaled 1440 to 4k with some form of AA added so that would be why its only in 4k atm. Well its probably not really in much if any released software yet.

First dev insider reviews of rtx shows its struggling at 1080 and again no actual release software yet. Didnt the nvidia guy say it just works lol, the marketing bs level of Nvidia has reached new levels.

There was a good reason no real performance numbers were released at launch, they wouldnt help sales like made up buzzwords do. :D

paulieGTR, Deatroy and dermonty like this.
  10. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Yea, its actually the worst launch of an new series.
    Overpriced by atleast 30%.
    Nearly none performance bump.
    In VR Pimax 5k+ 2080ti only performs ~20% better.
    SweVIVer or like he is called was fully disappointed by this upgrade.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

alex bonner likes this.
  11. Stains

Stains Simracer

Why not just use the resolution scale to 1800p and get the same visuals and performance ?
    At least in first analysis it seems about right .

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  12. I would like the developers to add into the next build the option to enable RTX. Even with a low framerate, its better to try out RTX anyway. There are almost zero games out right now which advertised ray tracing that use ray tracing in their current build. Its nearly been 2 months since the card's release, and a month of Microsoft's ray tracing update.

13. Stains

Stains Simracer

Im sure its more than just enabling it, lol otherwise all games could juat flick that switch.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Isnt it meant to "just work" :D

Im sure there is way more to it, maybe nvidia will have a new launch of 2080 gtx cards and pretend rtx never happened.

They likely dont want rtx enabled with crappy performance and the 2080ti probably cant do better then crap performance at 1080 with it in any game.

chksix likes this.
  15. Stains

Stains Simracer

RTX doesn't look promising, lol

chksix likes this.
  16. jarqus

jarqus Racer

And also no ray trace until the next win 10 update as the nivida cards require some of the components that are in that update.

17. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Yeah, a play on words for sure. :D

"just works".

Meaning...
    It barely works.
    It, just works and no more.
    Performance is poor but just works, barely.
    These cards can do it, well errr just about.

Looks like many people will be waiting for 2nd or 3rd gen rtx cards.
    There's no way i'm dropping another ~£1000 on what is right now, an overrated 1st gen nothing.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  18. mms

mms Alien

"Just works" is/was a marketing pitch that mostly targeted developers. If you're one (or you spent some time on learning about how it works) you'll understand what he meant, for end-users it doesn't make much difference, except the higher quality shadows and reflections at the price of more GPU power.

19. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Ohh, so RTX will only be available on Win10? No chance Win7 as well?

20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

None at all I’d say, mainstream support ended in 2015 after all. It will need windows 10 1809 update to enable it which has just been re-released today ish

21. Rudski

Rudski Alien

bummer :(