1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

HUD Tire App Explanation?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by xefke, Nov 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. xefke

xefke Gamer

Hi all,

I dove into ACC yesterday and I enjoy it very much although I am not that good at it.

I had some questions on how to read the tire app graphic in the HUD, and while I searched on a lot of different sites, I could not find anything. Maybe my questions are general knowledge to you seasoned sim racers/AC veterans, but I'm still not completely sure.

What I do know: (the basics)
    - Tire optimal heat is shown through colors (blue = cold | green = optimal | red = overheated)
    - The 3 parts per tire show IN - MID - OUT

What I still question:
    - The 3 parts sometimes have different lengths (eg.: sometimes the middle part is shorter than the outer and inner part, at other times they are equal)
    => could this be the inflation of the tire? Middle part shorter meaning not enough pressure?

- The tires have a gradual color sometimes (eg.: for front tire; red/orange at the top 25% of the tire bar, green for the remaining 75%)
    => Is this the visualisation of the tire outer part overheating while the core ist still ok?

- How can we see the tire wear? As there is no wear indication as far as I could see.

It would be a great help if anybody could help me with these 3 questions.
    Thanks in advance!

Best regards

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Bug reports HUD Tire temperature for Colorblinds Mar 29, 2020
    Suggestions tire temps and wear in the hud on the ps4 Sep 14, 2016
    ACC Troubleshooting Major Lag/Freeze, Causing Hud and Cars to disappear and reappear Feb 24, 2024
    ACC User Interface CTRL+Left/right for HUD moving stopped working Dec 10, 2023
    ACC User Interface What is Minimum Message Priority in HUD settings?? Oct 26, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Nothing is saved (HUD, race result) Jul 3, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues HUD elements not visible due to external DDU Mar 25, 2023
    ACC User Interface HUD "rectangular area" not transparent in VR Mar 1, 2023
    ACC User Interface ACC HUD Dec 29, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lost the ability to remove all HUD since 1.8.7. PS5 Dec 20, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC HUD SAFETY (PS5) Aug 2, 2022
    Chit Chat Room HUD On-Screen Location Jul 18, 2022
    ACC Tools Race Element - Provides Solutions for Sim Racing. HUDs, Data, Setups, Liveries, Streaming. Apr 25, 2022
    ACC Tools Racelabs app overlays and ACC hud items Mar 6, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality ACC + Oculus quest 2 - unable to get the pit stop / hud Feb 22, 2022

3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

yes

yes, this is the surface temperature.
    It has impact on your grip, but will stabilize quickly if your core is ok.

Not yet (although I'm not sure if we will ever display the wear).
    It's not Formula 1 :D In GT racing, you usually drive your tyre until you run out of fuel. But no worries, you will feel the tyre wear when towards the end of the stint ;)

Romneyb, mms, Ischemica and 1 other person like this.
  4. xefke

xefke Gamer

Hi, thank you very much for your answers and confirmations.
    Another small question, on fuel display not tires.
    - when driving the Bentley, I see ‘fuel used’ on the display. And it seems to work toward 60Litres when out of fuel.
    But I noticed that there is a possibility to add up to 120L of fuel. How would that work then?

Is there a way of knowing how much fuel is left on the display? Or is this something that real drivers do not have either?

Thanks in advance!

mms likes this.
  5. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

@Minolin didnt Aris said in his blog post that we will be able to see tire wear in pits in setup screen?

But during the race it is understandable that it will not be shown.

6. mms

mms Alien

Yeah, I noticed the same and I found it strange, why would you want to know how much fuel you used up instead of how much is still in the tank...and it's not really fuel used either, as if you start with 30L, it says 30L when you start, wondering if it's a bug.

7. Shaun Dale

Shaun Dale Rookie

Hello,
    I Think ACC is great but I'm still confused with the "Core" Temp:

I sometimes have what is said above, but sometimes the lower and upper sections go Red/Orange or Blue on Damp cold tracks and I don't know why??? My searches only showed this thread, sorry.
    I hope someone knows or knows of a guide somewhere.

Thanks.

8. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

it is shown in setup screen.
    3.0 mm means its in top condition and 1.5 and lower is worn out.

9. ijac

ijac Gamer

10. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

i think he spoke about the set of tires which you're choose for the next stint. Am i wrong?

11. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

You can see tyre wear in the setup screen from day 1 of ACC early access.
    Do you mean something different?

D.Jankovic likes this.