1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Tyres! oh... it's raining...

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Sep 6, 2018.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Yes it is possible through options.

By the way, Andy from ALOOG in AC used to race with no tires sound in AC, I think it is silly, however perhaps it has worked out well for him, because he used to be one of the fastest. We didn't race GT3 cars though.

Sound is very important, helps to feel slip angle and slip ratio, when tires are screaming or engine revs up. But maybe it is best not to hear tires, because then it means that you are overdriving these cars, I think :D

But the most important is the view, you could have no problem to be guiding the car that is struggling with grip, lets say in straight line, but just take your eyes away, and you'll lose the car immediately.

Neilski likes this.
  2. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yesterday I started to spend some time in the rain in ACC, not really going for lap times yet but understanding the handling. I feel like everything is very authentic and plausible - feeling of grip loss, effort needed to catch a sliding car, the "point of no return", the aquaplaning (do not be 100 % on the throttle!), the slippery curbs forcing you to adjust your lines etc. All of this is very well communicated in the FFB.

I believe this is absolutely ace and the most advanced tyre simulation available as a "game" to the mass market.

It's pretty obvious but yeah...I'm absolutely blown away by ACC so far.

pigsy, Turk, fabT and 3 others like this.
  3. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Racing in the wet is fantabulous!:D

fabT, BEsnake and Schnipp like this.
  4. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Ahhh... those were the days.
    Of 'cos later came good ffb... the way the wheel would ramp up coming over a crest and drop off/go light. absolute class. :)

My own experience in the 35 minute stint in ACC...
    The tyres seemed to go away near the end but after a couple of laps, started coming back to me.
    Whether it was because i went off line a few times and the tires got dirty i don't know.
    But when i took my time for the next lap or so, like i said, they came back to me feeling pretty good.

I'm liking the tyres and the, lack of info. :)
    Makes me feel i really need to concentrate in staying on the racing line and understand when i'm just overdriving/pushin too hard.

Can't wait til FFB is more or less final and maybe, just maybe... you add some canned effects for us folks that's not got motion rigs or DD wheels. :p:D

Thank you very much for taking the time to share the information that you're allowed.
    Your input and knowledge as is all the devs, always very much appreciated.

ps. and the rain... the rain feels crazy good and very scary. :eek::)
    In the rain i can still feel the tyres on the road. Unlike other games where it's just... well less grip %

So yeah, rain feels superb.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  5. esox71

esox71 Alien

How does skid marks affect tyres in the dry?
    Because you still get them in the wet?

6. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

Hahaha it was splendid to watch the BMW lose 4 positions in a single turn after the yellow flag cleared :D

7. Pirhana-A

Pirhana-A Gamer

We should definitively rename you Arainstotelis ! :D

liakjim likes this.
  8. TheBufa

TheBufa Rookie

One question about tyre pressures.

On the blog you told about optimal pressure is about 29 psi and between 70-90ºC on dry conditions.

I'm trying to setup the tyres on BMW M6 at Paul Ricard and when the presures are under 26psi, dahsboard shows the info in a light green as "ideal pressure" but when I tried to increase it to 28 or near 29 psi is shown as dark green. It seems as pressures weren't good. The temperature is around 80ºC.

Is there something wrong? Am I focusing on a stupid thing?

One last question: ACC 1.0 or in the future will support Motec for registering data and have the telemetry of the car? You don't want real time apps for ingame. But having this support could make it easier to setup properly the car.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

You have to read between the lines a bit.

From opening post:

29psi is what Pirelli says is optimal, but teams run a few psi lower than 29psi (measured at operating temps ~80°C).

10. TheBufa

TheBufa Rookie

I understood it. That's why i'm asking for it.

"Teams run a few psi lower than 29psi" it means one, two, five psi, How lower is this range?

Also, is this psi importants? Or the most important thing is the temperature on the tyres between 70-90ºC with a slower difference between in and out?

Notice I'm new on simracing I started five months ago and is a big amount of information I already don't understand.

11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Go to page 7 and read the first 6 posts.

With that info you will figure out yourself how to adjust the psi.

LeDude83 and TheBufa like this.
  12. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

No worries, even after 5 years there will still be a lot you don't understand (and that's perfectly normal) :D

Effective (= when the tyres are hot, out there) tyre pressure is very important. The Pirelli slick tyres Blancpain uses are very temperature tolerant, and offer a huge operating window. Except from borderline ambient/road temperatures (like freezing cold or desert hot), you should be able to safely ignore the tyre temps, they will work fine. Very different to other compounds, especially what we see in recent F1.
    Except the track is wet - then you basically don't have a chance to keep up temperatures on a slick tyre.

So for normal driving, you can use the tyre pressure to setup good actual pressure, instead of searching compromises in terms of temperatures and so on.
    The tyre app is handy; if the middle bar is growing so the tyre looks over-inflated, you can release a few ticks of psi, same the other way round.

Btw. for real teams this is quite interesting; most impressive was watching a BP car at the Nordschleife. It was freaking cold, so you'd expect they compromise to lower pressures to get some heat into the tyres, but no - they constantly ran overinflated tyres which had too much pressure and were quite cold. Turns out: VLN at the Nordschleife have the potential of double-yellow and code 60 sections due to accidents; a bad chain of 2 or 3 of those in a row may reduce the pressure so far that they are in the danger zone. Also the Ring always offers the chance for some rain and track wetness, and with bad luck you have quite a few km to return to the pits for a change.
    So this was a risk-managing compromise that totally went against race pace, but it seemed that everyone was doing so.

13. TheBufa

TheBufa Rookie

Thanks both of you for the fast repplies. I understand a little bit more about the tyres.

Schnipp likes this.
  14. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Wow who would've thought you had to adjust yourself so much to real life random events, good read!

15. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

@Aristotelis hi, how long before the tires are really worn out in GT3. After 1h a race on Paul Ricard, not realy different to grip, not really noticeable sensation.
    thank you for your help to my understanding

16. ManroV

ManroV Gamer

I had a 30 minutes race at Misano yesterday and the grip loss was really noticeable in lap times, as well as handling. I don´t know what you mean with "really" worn out, but in the end i was almost a second slower in lap times than lets say the first 10 laps (despite being low on fuel of course). But I had to push really hard in the beginning. Maybe you haven´t been quite on the limit with stressing the tires.

MathMilitary likes this.
  17. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Also check your realism settings that you haven't disabled tyre wear (or that we might have a bug there, so let us know in case).
    All in all, with car getting lighter from less fuel, the tyre wear should be noticeable in handling but a bit less in laptimes. You should be able to do decent laptimes after an hour of race if you take care of your tyres.

18. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Usually there is a peak in the performance of the tires during the first 2-3 laps. After that the lap times raise slightly until the fuel level drops more and more. About at half amout of fuel left you will be able to achieve the lap times from the beginning and to get successively faster until your fuel is empty. That‘s what I have noticed so far.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  19. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Gamer

Thx for response, I chek now

20. Erik Frisen

Erik Frisen Gamer

I love the rain in ACC. Feels really well done and a fun challenge. But something I have noticed is that my breakin points are the same in wet as they are in dry clear weather with slicks on. I did some testing at Monza today and my braking point into t1 was at the same spot (right before the white line at 150m sign) and top speed was only differing about 5km/h. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me

D.Jankovic likes this.