1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The ACC Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by LeDude83, Nov 18, 2018.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

This is my attempt to generate somewhat reproducable benchmark results for ACC.

You'll need to download FRAPS - it's free, lean and easy to use. You can get it here, for example:

https://www.chip.de/downloads/FRAPS_13010723.html

Set up a hotkey for benchmarking and tick the checkbox at "Stop benchmark after 60 seconds".

Benchmark_03.png

IMPORTANT: Deactivate FPS cap and VSYNC for the benchmark run! It can potentially make your system look worse than it actually is! Adaptive sync like FreeSync and GSync can remain active.

Now, set up a quick race like this:

Benchmark_01.png

Here's a zoom-in on the left red box:

Benchmark_04.png

In "realism", set the formation lap to "full lap":

Benchmark_02.png

Start the race. As soon as you're in the cockpit, hit the benchmark hotkey. Keep a steady position until the benchmark stops (no weaving, bumping etc.). You will notice the end of the benchmark by the FPS counter reappearing in the corner of the screen. Quit the race.

Open this thread, post a picture of your in-game GFX settings and the view (camera) and FOV you used (this is important, don't miss it!). Add the FRAPS result from the file FRAPSLOG.txt.

Please write down your CPU, GPU and RAM and make sure your signature is up to date.

Attached to this post there's a result table of the old benchmark method, where a "last corner" formation followed by one race lap was recorded. A new table will be uploaded soon with results according to the new method explained above.
    In the new table, there will be no more multiple entries per user but only one - the favourite setting of the user. Should the user change his settings and upload new test results, the table will be updated.

Here's a result "preview" of the table:

ACC_Custom_Settings_Benchmark_Result_Database_2-12-2018.png

This thread shall be used for a friendly discussion and direct comparisons between users.

Looking forward to seeing your results :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Lets benchmark the new hardware for ACC VR Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions The ACC CPU Benchmark Thread Dec 7, 2018
    ACC Hardware Discussions The ACC GPU Benchmark Thread Nov 23, 2018
    ACC Hardware Discussions ACC benchmark tool ? Aug 5, 2018
    ACC Multiplayer ACC dedicated server race start hangs, but only on Nordshleife Saturday at 6:06 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Access violation on game startup . The UE4-AC2 game has crashed Apr 11, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server Setting Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting RealtimeCarUpdate.Heading/Yaw removed from ACC Broadcast UDP in favor of WorldPosZ/Elevation? Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Missing information in ACC Server Admin Handbook Version 1.10.0 Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Physics ACC inconsistensies should be addressed for the future of the game. (Ex: Braking mechanics & tracks) Apr 3, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC chrashed started Race in carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    Bug reports acc fov bug Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC 1.10.0 crash Nurb Nordschleife Apr 1, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Mar 23, 2024
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

And I'll start right away:

Benchmark_03.png

2018-11-18 14:41:36 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 9344 - Time: 189687ms - Avg: 49.260 - Min: 34 - Max: 68

4. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

It will be good to compare with original AC.

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Personally I'd recommend using something like MSI Afterburner which also has a benchmark function built in and records 1% lows and 0.1% lows.

But overall test results seems highly variable, especially with manual car control and in the rain.

Novotny and alepaludo like this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

AB can potentially take control over your GPU...fans, clocks etc. A tool that can only monitor was the goal.
    And variance is less than you might think. Just do 5 runs, always stay just behind the entire field and you'll see: AVG results vary by 1, 2 FPS or so.

In general: please let's not question the method here or this thread will derail. Post your results or move on. Thanks.

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Not to my experience, but fine. If you think discussing a proper benchmarking methodology is derailing your thread I won't bother...

8. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Proc: FX8350
    GPU: GTX 1070
    16GB ram

2018-11-18 15:19:44 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 6430 - Time: 178000ms - Avg: 36.124 - Min: 27 - Max: 57

[​IMG]

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thanks for joining :)

This time it was not relevant but next time, remove the FPS cap please ;-)

10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

proc: i7-2600K
    gpu: gtx 1060 16GB

benchmark 1.jpg

2018-11-18 19:20:50 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 7141 - Time: 173672ms - Avg: 41.118 - Min: 29 - Max: 61

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

Without changing anything you can have the same kind of results @Epistolarius talks about by simply reading the Fraps frametimes file ("ACC date frametimes.csv") with Frafs.
    Best of both worlds and with a graph included.

12. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Clarification.
    I use Vsync (because I output to a TV). Do you prefer that off? Or is it ok with it on?
    I also use EVGA Precision XOC and NZXT CAM software. This is to manage my fan profiles. Otherwise my system heats up PDQ and that can then cause some throttling. So I will run it still with those on, hopefully doesn't impact the overall result too much.

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It doesn't matter what tools you use in order to set up your GPU. I use WattMan for example in order to keep my GPU's temps in check. You want a realistic result so you should run whatever you use when gaming.

But when you use VSYNC or FPS cap you obviously never get FPS higher than your screens refresh rate/FPS cap value and that distorts the results - maybe your system can do better than the capped/synced FPS?!?
    @MakeMeLaugh used FPS cap at 60 - similar situation. During his test it wasn't important because 60 FPS weren't reached (57 max). But should he reduce his settings now and his system could potentially hit 70 FPS, the benchmark result will be worse than what his system can do.

Is this kind of clear? Bottom line: just for the benchmark run, deactivate VSYNC and FPS cap.

BTW, @AlleyViper, @haxxx, @liakjim, @Slowheit: please chime in with your results - let's see some AMD power :)

liakjim likes this.
  14. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

I'm not near my AM4, but will do when I can. Given that this is UE4, which usually does better with Intel+NV, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with 2/3 fps with a 2600x+OC'd RX480 when compared to a GTX1060 and a quad i3...

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. ianglate

ianglate Gamer

CPU i7 - 7700
    GPU Asus GTX 1060 3G PH
    16 gb ram

[​IMG]

2018-11-19 18:09:54 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 7923 - Time: 152203ms - Avg: 52.055 - Min: 33 - Max: 76

LeDude83 likes this.
  16. [​IMG]

Formation Lap:
    2018-11-19 18:28:30 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 7959 - Time: 204094ms - Avg: 38.997 - Min: 29 - Max: 58

First Lap:
    2018-11-19 18:31:56 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 6425 - Time: 152703ms - Avg: 42.075 - Min: 27 - Max: 65

LeDude83 likes this.
  17. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

AC2-Win64-Shipping 2018-11-19 19-34-53-34v2.jpg
    i7-8700k
    evga gtx1080ti ftw3
    16gb ram

Frames: 13946 - Time:199203ms - Avg:70.009 - Min:50 - Max:101

REVÆi likes this.
  18. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

settings.jpg
    Not sig PC:
    PhII 965Be 4x @4,1GHz/NB@2.64 12GB Ram@1600C7 2T
    HD7870 2GB @1125/1350
    W10 1809 x64

2018-11-19 19:06:12 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 7406 - Time: 155109ms - Avg: 47.747 - Min: 32 - Max: 60

other runs:
    Frames: 7183 - Time: 155578ms - Avg: 46.170 - Min: 33 - Max: 57
    Frames: 7568 - Time: 154375ms - Avg: 49.023 - Min: 33 - Max: 64

On a single race under more decent day/clear conditions, lowering AI to 12 helps a lot to keep 60fps. It goes without asking, looks beyond terrible on low settings.
    UE4 seems to be handling low vram/low to mid ingame texture settings in a way that seems to force exceedingly low resolution mip-maps when track/opponent objects are very close.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    LeDude83 likes this.
  19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

@LeDude83 Btw, I just noticed that some results have >150s, while others took >170s. I assumed that "once the race starts" was the green flag, to remove any weird cpu spikes due to AI misbehaving in early formation, but looking at your bench (with over 20s) you meant starting the benchmark right when in cockpit view.

LeDude83 likes this.
  20. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

Rain at night - you could have at least given me a chance! :D

Anyhoo...

Untitled.jpg

2018-11-19 22:27:39 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 9787 - Time: 152985ms - Avg: 63.974 - Min: 36 - Max: 84

Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2
    Nvidia GTX 970
    8 GB RAM

LeDude83 likes this.
  21. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thanks for paying attention @AlleyViper.

Guys, thanks for joining this thread :)
    To make it very clear: the benchmark needs to be started right after clicking "start race", not when the green flag drops! The formation lap needs to be set to "last corner". This setting is found in options --> realism IIRW.
    And you shouldn't overtake the field - stay in last or 2nd to last position, all the time. A deviation from those rules will render the result worthless.

The benchmark will report a time of something between 180 - 190 seconds.

If you did this differently the first time around, please come back and run the test again.

And something out of personal interest: @Martin Kolibal and @MakeMeLaugh could you kindly rerun the test with my settings? I'd like to know if my GPU performs as expected or if there's an AMD or NVidia bias in ACC.

My settings are here:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-acc-benchmark-thread.53257/#post-1009256

Thank you!