1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CARS The BMW M6 GT3

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Nov 16, 2018.

1. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

On the dash-side of things: Man those BMW drivers probably need glasses to be able to read the dash since they are sitting so far away x)

I think what you see is tire pressure...not temps

tow likes this.
  2. tow

tow Racer

M6 dash screen only show tire pressure.

3. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

...but isn't there something missing that tells you if your car lights are on or off? I mean there are indicators for your direction indicators...but not for your car light? Seems a little odd x)

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I presume the buttons on the dash should have a small light that lights up if you enable ignition, headlights, rainlights, but they don't.

JnJ | Rayleigh likes this.
  5. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Can the cars get a dimmer switch/knob? Something with a few brightness settings for sunlight/overcast/night conditions?

6. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

D.Jankovic likes this.
  7. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

8. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

The BMW has quickly become my new favorite out of the 3 cars, but I will obviously "main" the Porsche when it's released.

9. Now you know the secret of Alexander Sims. ;)

JnJ | Rayleigh, Son and garyjpaterson like this.
  10. tow

tow Racer

How?

11. rikirk

rikirk Racer

@Aristotelis
    Can we have some more info in regards to the best ride height to max out aero efficiency of splitter and diffuser? Min height for m6 is 89/92 mm, is this a good start for rake angle as well?

In AC I was told 66/76mm was the best for the 488, wondering if that makes sense knowing most are aiming for min height.

Thank you for the insight.

12. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

I am suprised how much faster this BMW is on the straight vs Bentley.
    Both are huge cars, both use Turbo V8.
    BMW engine feels really like diesel, when you u switch back to the Lambo.
    But Bentley is nearly 6 km/h slower on Paul Ricard. Even in slipstream no chance.
    I think I made good setups so far as I am leading two leaderboards (65min Bentley, 9min BMW Hotstint) and placed in Top5 Hotlap.

BMW has for sure problems with Curbs.
    First Corner of PR I always sweat little bit.
    Bentley just rides comfortably over it.

But Bentley isnt that fast yet imo.
    Dont know if BOP is coming or implemented already?

In Rain the BMW is even better.
    His stability is insane and gives so much trust.
    Plus little touch of understeer helps me to be faster.

Very suprised about this car.
    Doesnt sound well, but drives very nice.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

13. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Yea I noticed that, too. Especially at Misano I have trouble following the Bentley on the straight after T6 because I can't get a good exit with the M6 since you kinda have to use the curbs which then makes the BMW unstable. Same thing with T15...totally unsettles the car if you attack the curbs. I think you can do something about it with the setup but I have no clue about damper settings etc as of yet :oops:

14. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Well if you put down the BMW to 54-56mm he is very fast, but makes him more nervous about curbs.
    I stiffened the fast bump to around 30-33 and loosened the fast rebound to around 24-27. Dont know yet for sure.
    But I tested this only on Paul Ricard^^

Normally Bentley is more fighting out of corners due TC and his power.
    With BMW you set TC to 1 and just play with the throttle.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

JnJ | Rayleigh likes this.
  15. Gases expand while warming up.
    It's physically defined kinda like this:

p(t) = p0 * (1 + y * Δt)

p0 = reference pressure
    y = coefficient for expansion (pretty much the same for every gas, you can put in 367*10^-5/K for air)
    Δt = Difference in temperature you want to know the pressure for

So if you're starting with a tire presure of 25psi for example and the presure increases to 27psi the air inside your tire got warmer by about 25K.
    Of course this shouln't be 100% acurate for a good tyre simulation but maybe Aris can judge if this matches the simulation roughly.

tow and stephen_b like this.
  16. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Probably asked /mentioned before, but this skin is gone since 3.1?[​IMG]

I cannot find it in UI/menu anymore?

EDIT: Never mind it's still there in Practice....:rolleyes::oops:

Cheers
    Robin

Deatroy likes this.
  17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Might be Sprint vs Endurance version.
    That team/livery runs in the Sprint cup while the Rowe and Walkenhorst cars in ACC are Endurance versions.

Robin_NL likes this.
  18. baboon

baboon Alien

Great write by Aris, I really enjoyed reading. Thank you :)

19. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

What I'm wondering is why we weren't given the newer 3Y Technologies livery, as they used two this year in Blancpain. 3Y started with the one that's already in this game, and then at some point through the year changed to a different version of the livery (same goes for the #77 Barwell Motorsport Lamborghini).

[​IMG]

This also makes me wonder what they're going to do about the different liveries of other teams, for example Akka ASP changed the livery of their #88 car for Spa, Nurburgring and Barcelona, as well as the #90 car a few races before, as well as RAM Racing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #88 Akka ASP ^
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #90 Akka ASP ^
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #49 RAM Racing ^
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, I assume we get them all - excepting minor changes from round to round, and provided they got licensing from the teams and sponsors - as soon as they finished working on them. A lot of liveries to be done for the 2018 season.

Son likes this.