1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER The multiplayer doors (start to) open today!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

Maybe I’m not understanding but in blog it mentions RC and SA are disabled currently..

2. gornar

gornar Gamer

when we are inside a server, it would be useful if there was server name written somewhere. If you want to tell to your friends or so on..

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    R. Iván, LeDude83 and coret3x like this.
  3. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Will there be track/conditions auto rotation be available in ACC?

4. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

You mean weather changing while driving? Absolutely yes.

5. Rolz

Rolz Alien

haha I was already under the impression that was a given :D
    I was meaning more track rotation, set up a pub server with xyz tracks and rotate between them
    #lazyserveradmin

6. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ah sorry, I don't know that, but I'll ask the server devs and let you know during the week

AurusCE, LeDude83, Dookie and 2 others like this.
  7. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

What?
    Is there already dynamic weather?

8. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I've noticed that as more people put up their own servers no amount of filtering options helps me find the specific server(s) I want to jump on.

I understand the theory of matching servers to my rating and preferences, but if they are all 300+ ping then they are really of no interest for me to join.
    (Based in Australia so not really keen to join high ping Euro/East Coast US servers, and drivers there really don't want me on there either)
    Still need the "filter by ping" once other options have been set.

thanks heaps! :)

9. anything-but

anything-but Guest

My issue is trying to find my own servers.

If the track is either PR or Nurb GP then I can find them OK, but when set as Misano no amount of settings will allow it to be shown.

I understand its probably due to the sheer amount of servers with that track, but if I want to get my Twitch followers into it for a get together, then we're pol axed.

Unless someone here has a majic setting in the filters that could help? :)

10. Have you tried to increase the misano track bar in the multiplayer filters?
    At default settings I get 6 misano servers. If I put misano at 100% in the filters I get full page of misano

11. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yes, track filter can help to increase the probability. For sure we will add the search-field as soon as we can (considering priorities).
    To be honest I thought to have more time = less community servers within the first days.

12. anything-but

anything-but Guest

No amount of movement on the track filter alters the number of Misano servers for me,always a full page....tho i have taken the other sliders away from default, if you have those filter settings to hand then i'll give it another try. :)

Yea, 1st couple of days it was ok then BAM, the whole community put a server up. :p

But either a different filter with maybe a-c d-f ect might be handy, tho the serch box would be the ideal way, time permitting of course. :)

....Managed to find the server filter settings file and deleted/restarted, but nope,always a full page and now i can't see any of my servers, so they're pretty much redundant.

Looks like a case of can't see the wood for the trees. :(

.....Well, my AWS hosted instance doesn't show with any track, but my Elite game servers one shows with PR/Nurb, not Misano, AWS was fine last night and there's been no configuration changes so i doubt it's something that end, will triple check when i get in from work though.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2018
  13. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Sorry if I've missed something, but how can I tell if a server is one run by ACC, vs. one that is private?

sherpa25 likes this.
  14. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

When the game is finished, will dinamic weather choice means automatically that it will rain in some point of the race?, Will dinamic weather sometimes stay for example cloudy or sunny from beginning to end of the race?

In short, will dinamic enforce the weather to change at some point regardless it starts raining or not?

15. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

The server list here is about 20 servers, all in 1 page, don't need to scroll it. Is this it, at the current develop state? or I am missing something?

16. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

Tried ACC for the first time yesterday. Devs want feedback so I will start with the not so good things first.

• User Interface - The concept of "fast and intuitive information" was removed. Everything takes 2-4 times as long to find out. There is a need to spend extra mouse clicks everywhere in order to find what you need.

• Left/Right clicking Menus - This is used across the entire game. Having to click left/right (wasted clicks) to find out what those sub-menus are. I can see the name of three, the other 4 in this example are a surprise.
    [​IMG]

• KEYBINDINGS - No option to chose keybindings for KEYBOARD and GAMEPAD. Only Steering wheel
    [​IMG]

• CANCEL CONFIRM - The buttons are too small and require increased concentration to click them with the mouse
    [​IMG]

• The LOAD/SAVE menu - It defaults to "SAVE" and made me lose my fist car setup when I first tried to load it. I Pressed LOAD/SAVE, I saw my Huracan setup and clicked it, and I pressed CONFIRM. Ooops, It saved my current settings over that setup.
    [​IMG]

It Should be like this: (actually, every menu should be like this. Show every sub-menu on the left. The "left/right" concept can still be achieved without having to hide every option that exists.)

[​IMG]

• MULTIPLAYER UI - This is on the level of a true console MP User Interface. Congratulations are in order if that was the objective.
    I have to individually click every single server to find out:
    I also have no idea of what weight was used to sort these servers. This means I have to tweak the weights everytime I want to sort the servers by some other attributes (very common. I do this every time in AC1.)

[​IMG]

It should be like this:
    On the left is the weight based criteria the algorithm chose. The rest is intuitive and I still miss the "sort by" options.

[​IMG]

• Race Essentials - I ran out of fuel quite often. I couldn't find anything related to fuel in the UI while driving. Would be great to see a Fuel icon in here.
    [​IMG]

• Opponent location warning arrows - They should only turn RED if the opponent car is within contact range. The arrows should be white or orange as the opponent gets closer to you.

• Graphics Color palete - Its not achieving photo-realism. Colors dont marry together very well. The Grass and trees particularly. It needs some more color and ambiance study.

• Anti-Aliasing - Other solutions should be studied.

• The FOV - Please state if vFOV or hFOV. I know its hFOV from testing. But a built-in calculator for monitor distance and size would be great also.

• Car Setup menu - I see you have to relocate the car into a flat surface and thats the delay we see. This brings a great oportunity to bring back the Live-For-Speed setup screen, with real-time car/suspension/tyre animations.

The good stuff I Liked.

• The driving. Its great.
    • The ForceFeedBack. Its great. But the wheel loses the damping strength too quickly when you begin to move.
    • The sound. I have to test it further (car positioning), but at times the sound occlusion was so good I thought i was at the track.
    • The new track map and opponents gray circles. Looks good.

Haven't tried much more than practicing some hotlaps at nurburgring for 1 hour or 2. This is all for now, but I like it so far so good just because of the driving.

DeRoc, Deatroy, dvo and 12 others like this.
  17. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

The above was with a 27" screen. Sold my Rift and I am waiting for the odyssey+. Still have to test VR in this.

18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I'm looking forward to your review when you get that... especially since all your navigating now has to be done minus a mouse

mms likes this.
  19. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

A thousand times YES

20. tow

tow Racer

All server ping up to above 200ms, i saw other racer cars teleport like crazy, no server for Asian sim racer?