1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER The multiplayer doors (start to) open today!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Those of us in Australia have had to host our own servers due to high pings connecting to Euro servers...

2. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I'm gonna start my own server. One rule- You mow down all the bollards on the first lap- you get a permaban! Or picked on relentlessly till you learn to respect them:p
    We need Ballard Boys or something! I mean- What's the point of having bollards if they're going to end up in the middle of the road!:confused:

3. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I have a feeling they are only in the middle of the driver's road that took them out... like in AC
    Unless this has been fixed in ACC?

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

In ACC its been fixed and we see the damage others cause. I only ran a couple server sessions and it seemed people must have been taking them out on purpose.

The 100m marker at Paul Ricard on the outside kept getting mowed down lol. Surely it cant be done by accident. Maybe have bollards reset after a set time of a minute or so.

I think if you re enter a server they are all reset.

Except I cant see local servers even if I host one, seen a local server once. Other then that a couple US 220 pings but my lobby is mostly filled with 350+ servers I have no interest in joining. Thats the reason I have only ran a couple mp sessions. :(

5. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Apparently it's on the list to get fixed mate... Though I have been thinking that I start a new server every day and just call it something else to see if it puts it back up the top of the list (just a theory to test).

6. Jack0

Jack0 Rookie

@Minolin: Do you have plans to add the possibility to restrict input devices when creating my own server?

Sorry if someone came up with that already, couldn't find something^^

7. anything-but

anything-but Guest

Can a Dev drop me a pm please, I think I've found something regarding the server showing in the list. :)

8. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I don't like the idea of those restrictions - at all -. Same goes for stuff like "force cockpit cam" etc, however a few of those may be available in the end. Some of those settings are also a matter of fairness, that's where I start to care.

Otherwise I have no sympathy to support elitism, I mean if somebody is able to driver well with a gamepad or keyboard or his nose, and nobody on a server has a disadvantage, I don't see a reason to exclude him.
    If he's doing well. If not, there should be enough tools to exclude him (atm track medals, SA, RC rating). But that should be based on his proven abilities, not on the input device used, or preferred camera position.

Our simracing community is borderline small when thinking about online systems (even stuff like leaderboard features), and my highest priority is to include and attract drivers to become good simracers.

No offense though :D
    And I'm open to discuss balance/fairness elements, and add the corresponding restriction capabilities.

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I agree and hope that this elitism will eventually stop. The input device of choice has no impact on how clean and fast someone can drive - it's how well the driver uses that input device.

Deatroy and p.g.49 like this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Honestly if someone can run competitive times and are clean enough to match my ratings I have no issue racing them, honestly I think other input devices are a considerably disadvantage and I know I would suck even more with them. If there is no clear advantage in hidden assists for some control methods and if we can disable these for a server like SC then no issues for me.

When it comes to camera views the external cam guys are probably less likely to not see you, I know many VR guys that are more of a hazard in traffic then single or triple screen users. Does that mean we should also be able to exclude VR users from some servers? (obviously I wouldn't but its pretty much the same as excluding bonnet or external views) Also the external views for me give me no feel for the car and are again considerably harder to be precise so I don't see them as an advantage for anything but seeing cars in traffic better which I have no issue with.

11. Minolin

Exactly, I consider this a huge advantage (for me). In a perfect world everybody around me drives in chase cam, so the blind spots my car can hide in are non-existant :D

Side story: The M6 exterior sound was ready first, which made me do my tests in the chase cam frequently. Up to a point where I had so much training that I was doing better...
    I will never forget about this, @AC Support ! NEVER! :mad:

12. Jack0

Jack0 Rookie

I totally understand that. I also don't like to exclude some guys for whatever reason too. I'm sure there are also keyboard guys doing good laptimes and maybe with enough tweaking it's ok. It's just a bit frustrating when you get pushed on a straight. (I don't say it's the others fault)

What about some UI elements to show keyboard drivers close to you on track? If I'd know that, i could give them more space or wait a bit longer before overtaking them.
    Was thinking about that, I'm pretty sure that will help a lot.
    I'd say most of the guys really interested wont stay with a keyboard for a long time and soon get at least a gamepad anyway. But when they are crashing multiple times per lap I'm not sure if you have any fun while driving and stay with the game/genre. So maybe also they can have a better experience when we have the information that they're driving with keyboard and we are giving them the space they need.

13. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Most will buy a wheel but some will not. As far as gamepad racers going off track and so on, we will have rating and match making to take care of it. If a gamepad racer has good grades and the system pairs him with me, let him drive with a broomstick is what i say.

LeDude83 and Schnipp like this.
  14. Minolin

I've opened a special server called "Kunos Test (experimental)" again, which is running different code. I'd be grateful to hear how your experience is there in comparison to all the other servers; is netcode, quality and latency better/worse/equal?

M96 and R. Iván like this.
  15. lionbest

lionbest Racer

When I was complaining about not seeing the cars, it was dusk.

Your server Minolin is day and all the cars behind me were visible in the mirrors with the same settings as previous.

Also, why would the Lambo have no rearview mirror, I wonder if the pilots find it ok.

The only thing that I would notice, is that the interior of the car would become sometimes bright once of a sudden for short periods of time. Possibly unrelated.

Ping wise seems to be fine. Is there also a way to see my own ping when driving?

R. Iván likes this.
  16. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Minolin idk was it asked somewhere but what does the coloured names on servers mean??

17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

No point of a rearview mirror as the engine cover would block it anyway.

(I know some race cars use a camera and monitor where a rearview mirror is obstructed by the car's bodywork, but the only display I can see is the Motec and I don't know if that has a video function)

Gunja likes this.
  18. lionbest

lionbest Racer

I meant some sort of camera with a display in the car.

19. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Im not able to see the server "Kunos Test (experimental)". I have the filter set to default since todays hotfix...

20. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

I found it by searching 100 Paul Ricard. Seems like nobody else found it so can't comment how it works.

Also I was in Nurburgring night server. Pings were ok, but a lot of warping and finally every corner had car floating in the air. After I left that served had --- ping in the list.

Then I was @ Misano (rackservice hosting company). Server list gave ping ~68, but only few moments people had decent pings. Mostly it was 600-900, obviously undriveable.