1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Online free practice lap timetables / (sector)times Paul RIcard

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by doamf, Nov 21, 2018.

1. doamf

doamf Racer

Hi,
    I started to practice online for the first time last night and even though it's not a glitch free experience as of yet, it was mostly a pleasant experience apart from the fact that my virtual mirror (single monitor setup) constantly gives the impression of being further ahead of a car then "actuality", which is something to get used to I suppose. Lesson learned.

One of my observations where a couple of lap times listed as valid: 1:46:xx and more recently (just now) 1:51:xx are hard to comprehend if you look at the sector times of those laps:
    first sector listed as 0:26:xx, which seems unrealistic (avg seems to be 31, 32 sec)
    second sector: relatively slow times posted by same 1:51:xx lap : 32:9
    Third sector: relatively slow again compared to the timetable.

Are there exploits in sectors 1 and 3 at PR?

(sector 3, because another run indicates a 6 seconds faster sector time and clearly unachievable when following the ideal driving line or compare to fastest driver I could find online.

This is not to accuse anybody or cry about my own driving (in)abilities but merely out of interest to what extend timetables can be trusted, since it is such an integral part of sim racing imo.

If this is already being addressed or mentioned then I apologize for not finding the post(s).

Nicely developing sim, keep it going.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room racecraft.online - Free Competition Platform for Sim Racers Jun 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC 1.0 Freeze in online Session May 29, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer (v0.6.1) Game freeze during online gameplay Mar 7, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer game freeze and crash during online gameplay Nov 17, 2018
    General modding discussion Super simple, easy and free way to totally 100% prevent all online content mismatches Nov 7, 2014
    Chit Chat Room I need a free online racing forum Oct 28, 2014
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Freeze mode online May 11, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions v1.9.8.3 Patch - Broken Online Feb 29, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX ONE ONLINE PLAYERS Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Connection Lost Online Races Sep 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot Play Online Sep 9, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes when switching from quali to race session (online) Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Tools Online League Management System & Livetiming for ACC ?? Jun 30, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Endless online server loading Jun 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online Server admin commands console May 30, 2023

3. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I was wondering the same thing, have seen a lap time at PR where sector 1 was 3 or 4 seconds faster than everyone else in server but other sectors they were average or slower compared to other drivers.
    Makes me think there is a massive cut in sector 1 that doesnt invalidate the lap.

4. doamf

doamf Racer

Sector 3, likewise. Just browsed the servers available for Misano and Nürburgring and can't find any abnormalities in respective timetables, seems to be a PR issue?

5. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

I saw 1.42.xxx in PR yesterday ....

6. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I saw someone go straight on at the first turn, cutting out at least turn 1, 2,3 and 4.
    Maybe that is the exploit?
    I admit, I didn't look for their times, just watched them cut the track and thought to myself 'what a fool'.

7. doamf

doamf Racer

Well, that's definitely a short cut, but when I try to reproduce this scenario it simply lists the lap as invalid (red colored laptime).

8. Bunkey

Bunkey Rookie

Hey I just found myself here having noticed the same thing... So much effort spent trying to better my lap times then I get jumped by these two!
    PR Sectors.jpg

Danny Conlon likes this.
  9. I've seen a few 1.4x laps too. They're definitely using exploits in sector 1.
    Fortunately it seems to be happening only in multiplayer servers because in the special events leaderboard the world record is a 1:52.2xx.

Maybe the practice servers have more relaxed track limits compared to the offical hotlap leadboard?

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Maybe its possible to disable track limits for servers? I wonder if @Minolin can see these times in ratings. Then give a big hit to these cutters rating to keep them out of decent servers once ratings are used for mp.

After all he did make a cutters app for AC to specifically catch these fools out. ;)

11. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

It's a bug I believe. I was driving together with a streamer and had an invalidated lap. The game then showed that invalidated lap as my best time on the streamer's end, while for me it showed my non-invalidated laptime as being my fastest.

12. doamf

doamf Racer

That might very well be the issue, its plausible at least.

Possible bug: online lap times leaderboard (server side) displays invalidated lap times (client side) as valid.

Hopefully this gets picked up by the dev team.:)

13. anything-but

anything-but Guest

Just popped onto my server to check everything's running ok and i noticed the top time!!

Looks like sector 3 has a problem too.

[​IMG]

14. Ayrturbo

Ayrturbo Gamer

Where can i see this window in the game?

15. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

In any game mode even multiplayer..when you press ESC i belive it is 2nd option Timetable(idk is this exact name of it) and when you click it it opens you this menu. Now you can also click on names and you will get drop down menu of all the laps and times of it.

16. Ayrturbo

Ayrturbo Gamer

I know that window but i can't find other ones, just mine :mad:

17. Here you can see also another bug. Look at M.Gabrielli times. Exactly the same time with two different cars.

18. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

That happens when you join same server with another car. It's also frustrating because you have to overcome the previous lap time before +/- or laptime prediction is starting to work.