1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Steam Awards 2018?!!!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by JorgeHidalgo, Nov 24, 2018.

1. JorgeHidalgo

JorgeHidalgo Rookie

It's serious ... look for the Steam Awards 2018 ... in an alpha phase application with thousands of problems in the different steering wheel, with a multiplayer that freezes when you go to find a setup, that the ping is very high , which is unmanageable for the majority, with graphics and fps problems, with problems of controls and pedals, with less than half of the content of the full version, with a FFB very little optimized, The GT3 racing car can not turn 80 km and gets lost losing total control of it ... ok they are lucky... But in my humble opinion I think you should put your batteries and look for the Steam Awards 2019... Regards

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Say 'thanks' by nominating ACC for Steam Awards Nov 26, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Steam Awards - The Most Fun With a Machine Award Nov 22, 2018
    News and Announcements Steam Awards 2018 Nov 22, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Steam awards Nov 24, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game cancelled,DLL 'CSteamworks' can't load, no way lanuch Feb 23, 2024
    ACC Tools ACC will not recognise my Elgato steamdeck Feb 15, 2024
    Bug reports Anybody else having trouble with Steam's VR app? Jan 13, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa won't launch thru steam Dec 19, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Steam License? Nov 27, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Unable to claim steam gift Jul 11, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Right after 1.9.1 update game doesn't run. It gives an error. [Verify Steam integrity] Apr 25, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Fresh OS, fresh Steam, fresh game install Feb 3, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game won't start after pushing "play" button from steam Jan 28, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality SteamVR vs. OpenXR (PimaxXR) performance on Pimax 8KX w/ 4090 Oct 26, 2022

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I don't necessarily disagree with the rest but this bit... wth does that even mean:

4. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Googoo transrate at its best :(

D.Jankovic likes this.
  5. plaid

plaid Alien

Probably rather contraproductive to draw attention to the game now, yes.

Besides I probably would never pick a racinggame, but if it would be FAR better than everything that was released to this day.

6. JorgeHidalgo

JorgeHidalgo Rookie

This is an opinion of a non-fanboy ... I do not totally agree ... but !!!

7. Psit

Psit Alien

You must be new around all the simracing sites ever.

8. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

If you think they deserve it, vote for it, if you don't, don't vote for it. That's what voting is for.

9. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

I've considered it very carefully and I honestly can't find a better nominee than ACC for the most fun with a machine award.

sloty and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  10. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Well, he does have some fair points, it's up for the devs to actually listen to them or not.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Ah, good old Emma Sulkovic.
    I missed her.:D

12. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

What alternate reality are you living in? To think the devs would give a crap what some foul mouthed nutjob on youtube dreams up in a fit of rage. Why in hell would you give someone like that even one micron of credence? Even the op of this thread is a nasty little sycophant. No doubt his favorite machine has low batteries tonight! Not having any fun? Dot, dot, dot! He exclaims! Humble opinions don't need advertising! Humility is a concept these attention seeking gen z loud mouths can't' comprehend. If op was at all humble he would have kept his driveling egotistical and self serving psychobabble in his tiny head- Or he would have voiced his humble opinion in a much less inflammatory manner and provided at least some verifiable evidence to back up his stale and regurgitated claims. This op's rant was the antithesis of a humble opinion dot dot dot. It was nothing more than a poorly constructed hit piece! This is what we got when streakers and foot stompers moved indoors!
    That's my problem!

McNappa and JnJ | Rayleigh like this.
  13. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

chksix likes this.
  14. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

Well the complain about slides is a pretty old one and I'd say it's still valid. You can catch slides, but other games are much better at this in my opinion.

15. So go play those other games. And vote for one of them. Problem solved....

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Just throwing one thing in, to play a bit the advocatus diaboli regarding those slides:

Jan Seyffarth, a pro GT3 driver and sim racing fan as well, said the big issue with all racing sims of today is that it is too easy in all of them to catch a slide. Well, I do not think Seyffarth knows simulators professionally well, he even admits it - but he sure as hell knows professional GT3 driving, driving a Mercedes AMG GT3 himself. He also said, repeatedly so, that when watching laps by usual players, he sees them taking into turns too fast, and going too much over kerbs.

AC is a work in progess, that is what many of these ambitious super-serious early evaluators seem to forget when presenting their opinion of current status in a tone as if the sim already would be finished.

The video linked by JorgeHidalgo: is from September, and the spin offs early shown at Nürburgring, what should I say: I do not drive that line shown in the video, and I never face these radical spins at these two turns as shown. I spin sometimes, yes, but not there, in this fashion. Often Ican catch the spin. Also, the first thing in the Huracan that I do is resetting the brake balance to make the car less oversteering. And thats all I do in setups, except tuning the TC and ABS to my taste (relatively high).

On the Steam Awards I must agree this year is too early for ACC to enter. Thats like sending a movie into the race for the Oscars that is just 30% shot, cut and edited. Next year obviously is the right time.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    chksix likes this.
  17. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I also think that on ACC the drop off in grip over the limit is too sudden. I don't think slides are that hard to catch, I just think that when I lose grip, I lose it too quickly, but I've never driven anything even close to a GT3 car to know how that is in reality. However there's one thing everyone likes to forget: aerodynamics don't work sideways. As soon as you're sideways, the splitter, the floor, the diffuser and the rear wing will stop working and you'll rely only on your mechanical grip, so it's only logical that you'll lose a lot of grip after that first slide, especially on high speeds.

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

But... it's a race car on slicks?

19. dbr93

dbr93 Gamer

At the moment is the best game ever created (maybe after the Witcher 3)
    So why not?

20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

:D:D:D
    upload_2018-11-25_19-51-7.png

And I gave my vote to AC.