1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about Raceroom Racing Experience R3E

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SpriGgy, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Dito

Cote Dazur likes this.
  2. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Lotus Evora is becoming the third member of Raceroom's GT4-class of cars. I have a personal knickname for the Evoras: "little sting". If a tick and a weasel would have a kid - this car would be it.

:D

[​IMG]

3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Being that RR is receiving some physics updates and new GT4 content, I decided to take advantage of the Black-Friday special and buy-in on the rest of the content. I'm really happy with the FFB that I managed to settle into and the under-steer cues are really dialed in nicely. I increased the vibe-frequency for the Tire-slip and reduced it for the curbs to provide better separation within the FFB and it feels excellent. Now it just needs some attention from the dev's or from D-box to round out the motion & tactile effects and this title can serve as a showcase of what can be done with this hardware.

I test drove the new Porsche GT3 and am totally impressed with the drive-train modeling; it's truly next-level stuff with a motion-rig. :)

RR is still lacking some details in D-box motion; there's no curb vibration, surface detail or tire-slip effects coming through the suspension but, did I mention the drive-train (?) :p:)

4. Carla

Carla Rookie

I'm in agreement with Cote, as I would pay $200 for my sim of all sims. But isn't that like saying I would pay $200,000.00 for the perfect vehicle with lifetime bumper to bumper warranty? I don't think it will ever exist. I understand the point your making though.

I'm a little annoyed that GT4 is being developed for R3E, as it's one of my favorite classes. I've been getting my fix from AC so far as PC2 just doesn't cut it.

5. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

Why does it annoy you?

With PCars2, I've recently come to realize that it's the sound that hurts the title for me. Compared to other sims, the cars just don't sound very good, and it kills the immersion.

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I'm amazed at how mediocre (& even sub-par) the audio is in PC2 at times. With ACC and now, RR raising the bar again, it's only going to get harder to match or exceed. I read that iRacing is also re-working the audio-engine for a future update.

RR GT4 cars seem like they will be some fresh & newly enhanced content for the title and I've been waiting for more GT4 options; the new tire-model / clutch-model, and audio updates should make this very good indeed.

I've been having a blast with the Xbow on EuroSpeedWay (Short) combination lately and am finding it hard to put down. The FFB is super good in regard to under-steer cues. The drive-train flex in RR is "Stupid-Good" and comes through so brilliantly in motion cues. My son was impressed with how the Xbow behaves much like his BMW 325i when shifting (Shudders if rev's are not well matched). The audio is even better than I first thought since enabling 7.1 (Sonic for head-phones) in Windows; it sounds amazing although, still lacks positional 3D in VR. Still, it's very immersive and the newer content demonstrates some very good direction with the handling so I'm excited for what the new TM brings.

The downside to the physics updates is that the older content feels lacking by comparison but, much of it is still entertaining overall. I'm still hoping for some improvements in surface detail (FFB and motion) to offset the sterile-feeling track surfaces but, some of the other truly out-standing features of this title make it one worth checking out imo, especially the new content. :)

7. St3fan

St3fan Alien

The pricing of R3E is fine… if you don't compare it to AC or other competitors - competitors also go on sale a lot more often, plus R3E pricing is complicated and confusing.

However even if the pricing model is changed to what people prefer, I still don't see that the player base can get a significant increase. Therefore, IMHO the current pricing is totally fine, and good enough for active R3E players at the moment.

Carla likes this.
  8. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

All content for 50€ until the end of today. what a banger!

9. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Hello,
    I recently purchased the full content of R3E and I have to say it's become one of my favourite new toys. I tried it several months ago with the free cars, but I wasn't really impressed, or didn't know what I was looking for..... Decided with the sale that another sim title can't be a bad thing and I have to say that I'm really loving the game. Lots to learn about it (you can customize settings beyond anything I've seen before....). But it's a really great change of pace.

Favourite things> sounds (I think that's common), but I just love the ffb that comes through the wheel when changing gears. Don't care if it's realistic or not. Its great and lots of fun.

Daniel Costa likes this.
  10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I prefer RR-FFB over that of ACC as it is currently but, I have to admit that getting RR-FFB to the level it's at required quite a bit of tuning and recommendations from others.

I like having the ability to enhance the FFB; sometimes, 100% realism is over-rated anyway. :p:D

11. Haiden773

I was trying to do a career season with the Formula X, but after three races, I went to start the fourth and just couldn't bring myself to deal with that terrible audio. It's like it's trying to simulate the naturally aspirated sound of the older F1 cars, but it's just god awful and gives me a headache after a while. I had to end the season. Ever since PCars1, I've always felt a bit of a disconnect with the title. A blah feeling I get when I boot it up and go out on track. I used to think it was the FFB that made it feel that way--kind of disconnected. But I now realize that it's the audio. It's so fake sounding, it just ruins the immersion, like a constant reminder that I'm playing a video game. I was very disappointed when I booted up PCars2 and found that some of the cars sound exactly the same as they did in PCars1. And even the new additions still suffer from that same muffled vacuum cleaner engine sound. I hadn't realized how important audio was to my overall enjoyment of a sim. I wish they could get that part right, because I'd boot it up a lot more if they did.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  12. Carla

Carla Rookie

Been there, done that. I'm happy with what I have, don't need a game trying to "catch up" while overcharging for content. (yes, imo). Pc2 is alright, it's just not as convincing as AC for me. Here's hoping ACC will expand into other classes.

13. Haiden773

The thing is, the genre is always playing catch up with reality. You can't stop, so to say we don't need another sim trying to play catch up doesn't make sense. They don't all move forward at the same pace, and someone will always be further ahead or behind than another. But as sim racers, we should want them all to move forward. And also have to realize that whatever our current favorite might be, it will eventually be supplanted by another. RR isn't just catching up with GT4, their GT4 models will be more modern than before. I love AC; it's my current favorite. But as good as it is, I can see it's aging.

As far as over priced content goes. IDK... I think it's great that RR keeps going. If you count versions and DLS, I've spent more than $150 on PCars and more than $120 on AC, if you count AC1, DLC, and assume ACC was bought at full price. RR was just offering the whole package for less than $75. And I don't think I've spent more than $125 on content in RR. I really don't see the overcharging claim holding up when you really look at it. I think people just see the individual items and think it's too much. But there's no reason to buy three seasons of GT3 racing, unless you're a real enthusiast. You also can't really get multiple years of "complete" season content per class in any other sim without buying multiple titles.

14. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Stuff is worth what somebody is willing to barter for it. If you reject it, then its not worth it - for you. "Overpriced" games obviously find their audience and fans - else they would not be"overpriced".

15. Carla

Carla Rookie

Ok, I'm not sure what you want from me here...When I said I was a little annoyed that R3E is developing GT4, it was because I want that class to be developed for my favorite titles which are; RF2, AC, AMS, and ACC, as I'm not interested in R3E. Curious, yes.

Of course the genre is playing catch up with reality. (lets hope anyway) In the case of R3E, it is only playing "catch-up" with AMS as far as I'm concerned. (same engine from ISI) No?

I'm also mature enough to understand that players of this genre come in all sorts backgrounds and will have different ideas as to what is "realistic" or makes them happy. So for me, R3E made me the least happy at the highest cost..Period. Now, if they had hired Alex much earlier in their development, well, who knows..I might have stuck around. Hope this helps clarify my position. Good luck, and Happy Racing!

*RF2, ACC are my support titles going forward as AC or AMS is no longer being developed. ( I will enjoy any remaining DLC from AMS though) Maybe we will see a PC3?

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  16. Haiden773

I don't want anything from you. People like whatever they like. The overpriced comment was just relative. And catch-up is a constant develop process that all non-serial sims go through. It's their model. They're developing a single title over time, not release new versions every year or two.

17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Not sure what “ my support titles “ really means but you definitively want to reconsider your stance about AC not being develope anymore, we have seen more developement in AC in the last 6 month that in all the other title put together, new and updated cars, new and updated tracks, rain, wipers, mirrors, day night transition, night driving. AC is so rich and developed that it has more content and features that all the other combined and you thinking on stopping using it, if I understand “my support titles” properly, are you for real?

Ace Pumpkin and LeDude83 like this.
  18. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Spent some time test driving cars that I don't have yet…

I think R3E feels unique when it comes to bigger cars in that I kind of feel the drive train trying to haul the big car body. However when it comes to smaller cars for example the Formula student car, I just don't like the overall feels. In comparison the Formula Vee in AMS feels a lot more lively, and FA in AC makes me feel more connected to the car compared to the R3E counterparts. Then after switching back driving touring cars and GT cars, I feel dissatisfied because I just can't have a good feeling of the tires. It feels like the tires are too "hard and solid" if that makes sense.

When I tried to purchase the stuff that I thought I should buy, I am once again confused by the store:
    1. I haven't got the Nordschleife (~$6.5), and it is the only track in the European track pack I don't have, and the pack is ~$2.3.
    2. Some really old contents (Camaro GT3, Nissan GT3 for example) that I own are now shown as if I don't have them.
    3. If I click on adding the car to kart, then choose the livery I want, it cost a few dollars, but if I directly choose the livery I want it is much cheaper - how does it work? If I directly choose the livery will I have the car or not?

19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

The FormulaVee in AMS is probably the most under-appreciated car in all of Sim-racing imo. The open-wheelers in RR can't compare to those in AMS but, with the right updates (Maybe, in time), they can be better but, that's the problem with much of the RR content; it takes a long time to be updated with new physics and Tire-model.

20. Carla

Carla Rookie

What I meant by "my support titles" is the games I will continue to support with my $$. I will also add Reiza to that list if they decide to work on more DLC or a new game. Yes, AC is fantastic with modding support which is why it is my favorite racing game to date. The value has been second to none, and still enjoyed.

Are you guys for real? Or just havin' a little fun with me? My good god man.

AC#1

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Alistair McKinley and Cote Dazur like this.