1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Release 0.3 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by th3o, Nov 4, 2018.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Great post Ari interesting to.

Can I ask regarding AI.. It does feel very similar to AC1 and I (im sure others to) would like to see some changes to their racecraft also.

Although I think ACC supercedes AC1 in every way I do feel we haven't Progressed with the AI. Is this something that will be done last maybe?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  2. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Lol that's not exactly an option...building a lame car and have the rest of the field slowed down to your pace.

3. exited22

exited22 Racer

I think the challenge in GT3 and GTE Pro nowerdays is more to build an race car whivh performs in ever condition and in every circumstance. The car must be fast over 24h as it must be over 1h sprint races, at small circuits like Zolder and enormous and fast circuits like Nordschleife. It needs to be good on these Pirelli tires in very cold (Nordschleife) and super hot conditions (Bathurst, Suzuka), in the rain, in daylight and sunshine and in foggy nights. Tire wear must be small, mechanical balance should be always good and should not change over a stint. Aero balance shouldn't be to sensitive when braking and acceleration (think this is massive regarding @Aristotelis blog posts). The car must be drivable for amateurs as well as for Pros etc. etc. etc.
    On top of that these cars should be cheap, must be cheap in maintenance and easy to set up for non Professional teams.
    I think it's quite an impressive task for the engineers at the manufactures to build an competitive race car even if there is BoP, because a lot of these things are NOT covered by BoP ;-)

jfb33, Son, Thug and 15 others like this.
  4. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

What he said. ^

5. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

That's why Audi R8 can be considered overall the best car in the package. If very skilled drivers like Marciello or the Lambo's crew had not driven for Merc and Lambo, the blancpain gt3 championship would have been the Audi R8 championship in the last years.

Son and exited22 like this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I.e nowdays racing is just promotion. Bring out the beasts again Id say, bring the best race car you can and we race within this and this limits! Ofc amateur leagues should be a part still but the most suicidals should still sit behind the wheel in some really powerful race cars, we got rallye (dragrace too to some degree, how sad it might sound) but even that starting to get boring.

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Gosh, all this talk about "very severe Balance of Performance handicap", "very heavily penalized by the BoP", "butchered by BoP"...

Maybe the relevant figures against BoP should perhaps just make a major series without it... and then see it blow up a few years later - unlike GT3.

Every manufacturer develops and offers GT3 customer cars, parts and support for sale for amounts they think they can sell and be profitable with - and GT3's are a profitable business, else there wouldn't be that many of them on the market. Ferrari isn't going into this blind.

nfsw55 likes this.
  8. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

That's why I can't wait for the return of GT2, many of them hypercars modified for track racing and on slicks basically, where the bop stuff will not be that important at all I'd say given the brutality of these cars.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  9. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

Excellent point. Thanks :)

exited22 likes this.
  10. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Excellent work on your latest hotfix, it runs great.

LeDude83 and D.Jankovic like this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its still an amateur class in someway so i wouldnt count too much on it but it sounds good. I dont got grey hair yet but just watching F1 had another feeling compared to today. Just watch these old movies (I dont know how old you are but even me being borned in the 80s can see its turning to ****):

Sorry for offtopic!

edit:

end of offtopic for me but the GTR is really to drive. Give us these non humans cars :)

Zefeerino Coutinho likes this.
  12. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

This.
    Without the BoP a) most of the teams would switch to the fastest car and after a few years the series would turn into a one-make cup or b) the development costs to build the fastest car would be so high for the manufacturers, that no private team or amateur could afford it anymore.

Son, exited22, mESCx and 2 others like this.
  13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

0.3.5 feels good to me. Solid 60 fps during the PR wet quickrace challenge. I might even noticed some visual improvement, but not shure.
    Good job Kunos!

One question, how is the ai set during these challenges? Because I’m so damn slow in aero cars, it’s not even funny. :eek::oops:

Well maybe I need another 3000+ hours in these to become competitive...
    I always avoided downforce cars in AC, maybe for a reason. Old chaps like me prefer dancing boats. Well, exept some KTMs at Nords...;)

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Addendum:
    Now for the first time the Profile Page works for me.

15. exited22

exited22 Racer

Racing was and will be always promotion, because a normal human will not be able to extract the performance of the nowerdays cars.
    Today everything is about profit and sales. Motorsport is also measured with this, so a race car must be sold to a sufficient amount of people which always implies that also gentleman drivers are buying the car. I don't like the economics behind it as well, but we have to live in here and now.
    Doesn't mean that we don't get awesome racing machine in the GT3 class :)

16. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

[​IMG]

It's showing the wrong vehicle (must be getting close) but I'll take it. :p

Epistolarius and bgil66 like this.
  17. leillo1975

leillo1975 Gamer

Hello again

What's exactly this? Some stuff to facilitate compatibility with Wine/Proton? If so, welcome

18. Adastros

Adastros Racer

It’s a easter egg because next patch they will add ferrari and Porsche lol

19. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

It fixed an issue where deserialization code would fail on wine emulated servers. However we are still chasing another one, and as this seems to become a common pattern we even might decide to prevent using linux for the moment.
    Doesn't feel good to invest most of our time on finding issues with unsupported intermediate solutions; in the end I'd rather try to safe that time and see if we can't offer native binaries instead of trying to fix WINE issues.

leillo1975, Raklödder and steno like this.
  20. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Have been one week away. Fire acc up to play a couple of races, and once in track I notice quite a big improvement on graphics, particularly on the temporal antialiasing. I can set aa on high now without having a blurry screen. Game looks so good right now, up to UE standard actually.

Am I just freaking out or that true