1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

Someone from the DEV team to share whether there is any progress on this, please

2. I tried to play with just a single screen. I can't even learn the track as I can't see enough of it. Triple screen is all fisheye no matter what i do. I can't play this until triples - maybe i'll never get to play it if triple support never comes :(

3. If current settings for triples using Nvida Surround gives you a fisheye experience then your settings might be wrong. Try to change the FOV, Hight, Distance and Pitch settings. It's not perfect and still stretched on the displays left and right, but the important one in the middle is OK for me.

I started this topic after the initial release and did hope for a quick fix from Kunos. I noticed that I spend less time in ACC then expected due to the missing tripple support. But it does not keep me away from the game. Looking forward to test MP tonight, never try on patch day. ;)

4. The fisheye is extreme on my 27" monitors (7680x1440) ... you can only do so much with the FOV. It distorts things badly when attempting to corner.

5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

Yeah well, yes and no. You can obviously get the center display looking OK, but whatever settings you use, the side monitors will give this fiseye experience (unless you don't angle them). The sides are higly important, especially in sharp corners. Like it is now it is unbearable. Not only for me. A few hours ago I had a friend over to try it out and he also felt nausea coming up after a few laps. You don't even have to look to the sides, the peripheral view is bad enough.

So, after a few months still a little over 4 hrs in total, and I DO HOPE this will change in then near future, but my half full glass is getting towards the half empty one (and counting down since there are more issues bothering me, even taking EA in consideration).

6. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

IMHO @Kunos could soothe the waters by only changing the prefix of the thread title to "working on it"...and many of us will take patience for sure.

Turk, Pirro, Fanapryde and 1 other person like this.
  7. Octane

Octane Simracer

8. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

9. bleaq

bleaq Rookie

Hello, I just purchased this game yesterday on Steam assuming it had triple support. Was surprised not to see an option in-game and was disappointed to come here and see this thread. Hopefully it gets added at some point. Thank you. The game drives great by the way, but there is just too much distortion with nvidia surround.

paulieGTR and Serge Pribicevic like this.
  10. bleaq

bleaq Rookie

Also this is not something the devs don't already know I'm sure, but just thought to point out that nvidia has a SMP branch for UE4. Yea it involves a 3rd party branch and doesn't work with AMD but at least it's something if you cant get native support.

11. Guys, I solved my tripple screen issue.

I replaced my 3x Eizo setup with one Samsung C49HG90DMU monitor and I love it. :D
    Running ACC now on 3840x1080 and have around 20fps more compared to the 5760x1080 setup before.

Mark Gourley, Proody and D.Jankovic like this.
  12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Exactlly my plan after i upgrade GPU in PC.. Monitors comming next :)

13. AntoFPV

AntoFPV Gamer

yes but you loose 1/3 fov... if you have the screen juste after you"r wheel you can see the right mirror

D.Jankovic likes this.
  14. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Yea that is why i said after gpu upgrade :) if game runs good on triples illl just leave it as it is

15. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I think I'll rather get an HMD than buy such a monitor. Cheaper, better FOV and 3D. :)
    For sim racing exclusively I mean.

Micii1 likes this.
  16. I tried the Samsung Odyssey and the Oculus Rift, both I did not like due to the picture quality. That's why I still stick to good old fashion monitor. Maybe in 2-3 years the HMD will offer more pixels and the GPU will be able to handle it. Until than I will enjoy my new experience with the 49" screen. :rolleyes:

Mark Gourley and Whitestar like this.
  17. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

This is like switching your Hummer with a Mini and say: '...and on top of things, it has better gas mileage' :D:D:D
    That is everything but a solution for the triple screen (an alternative- maybe... but then and VR is... ). Personal opinion...

I am glad you have found your sweet spot, though. Happy racing! :)

Octane and Serge Pribicevic like this.
  18. Glen Orpheus

Glen Orpheus Racer

Well the Devs over at Black Delta who make KartKraft announced that true triple screen support will be added during there early access stage and they use the U4 engine, so what gives Kunos ?

19. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

We can only hope, but I fear Kunos is going to keep that for when the game is nearly final...if ever...
    Good news from Black Delta then. The UE4 and the lack of triple screen support was the only thing holding me back from buying.

Octane likes this.