1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Low framerate in quick race

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Dividends, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

No improvement at all.
    Just a few new crashes.

2. Stains

Stains Simracer

redonkulous

3. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Make sure you provide them with your logs or else they can't help you.

4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

During Practice sessions I'm hitting anywhere between 105/140 fps, only distance/shadows and effects on high the rest on epic, but come race it becomes 55/65 fps, that is a hell of a drop, but for sure the game isn't optimized yet, you only have to watch the fps as you go round the tracks, there is such a difference in some part of the tracks..

5. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Same thing (VR) with a i7 6700K and the 2080 ti (MSI trio).
    In quick race, I have only more 10 Fps than my old 1070... (in pratice, it's the double, I can get 90 fps).

6. CPU limited...

7. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

It's a joke ?

EDIT: For exemple, Pcars 2 with the same visual level, works perfect.
    The performance gain is very small with lot of games between a 6700k and a 8700k.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Stains likes this.
  8. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

quick race dry/day?
    did you modified the engine.ini with the "magic settings"?

I get 67fps average almost maxed out in night/heavy rain with 20 opponents starting in the middle...one minute test, probably can get solid 90fps after the first lap

the 8700k has 2 cores/2 threads more than the 6700k, the difference is not that small

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  9. Stains

Stains Simracer

2 cores 4 threads more!
    ACC and most games don't utilize those extra cores/threads well. Gains are nil in most games and ACC is one of those :(

sherpa25 likes this.
  10. No between 6700k and 8700k, it's day and night in acc...

11. (pcars : 1'14)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  12. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

In min fps it's the same, ok for the average. I want to see a video with counter fps. Something most explicit.

Day and night, show me a video with a 2080ti in ACC, I am not convinced. Maybe Kunos tell us everything about performance limitation with a 6700K and a 2080ti.
    For a lot of game it's nearly the same.

Stains likes this.
  13. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Day and around 19pm. I didn't try night.
    With temporal AA, texture and shadow on high (the rest on Epic), no motion blur (VR). For Supersampling around 130, 140.

I have added this in the "engine.ini" :

[ConsoleVariables]
    r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
    r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
    r.TemporalAASamples=4
    r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=3

14. Stains

Stains Simracer

Show me! Have you seen the CPU benchmark thread here on ACC forum?

I do believe there is a difference but so minute that could only justify a $700 upgrade if you where made of money, like buying a RTX Titan if you already have a 2080ti ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

So far there was no indication for a CPU bottleneck in the benchmark thread. Even a 2500k system performed "by the GPU" in a 16 AI race.

To find out one could simply use Afterburner and check for CPU usage. But even if it's at 50% only people will explain to you how it's CPU bottleneck. It's become a conspiracy/fake science topic. It's stupid.

Ace Pumpkin and Stains like this.
  16. Stains

Stains Simracer

So what can we the user do to get 90 fps in VR with full grids? Nothing but wait for Kunos and hope they change their fascinating with making Ai use player physics, lol I'm sure they (Ai) won't mind if their cars don't drive on state of the art tyre model;)

17. J.Seyerle

J.Seyerle Rookie

Just to give some more baseline:
    I78700
    2080ti
    Dry Daytime
    10 AI
    Epic
    Avg fps 90

While lighting effects are very good the cars are jagged, the pop up is very noticeable in both front view and mirror. It is getting better but long way to go.

18. Stains

Stains Simracer

Yep 7700k/1080ti gets 90 fps with 10 Ai also with epic settings but game looks blurry, game needs SS at 140 or more but then 45fps and I'd like a full grid not just 10 cars!
    Puts ACC aside until more updates!

Trees transform from ugly to nice at 50 meters even with distance (whatever it's called) on epic.

19. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

20. J.Seyerle

J.Seyerle Rookie