1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC GFX discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Briklebritt, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Haven't tried these yet but in general all of the sharpening tricks just makes the graphics look even more distracting. The blur is still there but you also get kinda forked up colors and pencil drawing looks.

2. Mcjock

Mcjock Rookie

I don't disagree that the graphics aren't perfect, but with the correct settings the blur is pretty much completely gone. The Paul Ricard track is a hard one for the graphics to get to look good in too low a lever of details because all the blue striping off the track merges together and makes it look like an anti-aliasing mess. But the other tracks look great with these settings and someone else said there are an even better set of settings out there. I get a pretty steady 90fps with a 2080ti but even when it drops to 45 (it seems to run at 85-90 or 45 with reprojection) it still runs smooth. It made a huge difference to my initial terrible opinion on the VR graphics (it didn't help my terrible opinion on releasing VR without mouse support though - duh!).

3. PolarClaw

PolarClaw Gamer

No real improvement, worse than unionjackstar. Seems like a try for YouTube clickbait.

chksix likes this.
  4. Mcjock

Mcjock Rookie

Why do people who don't agree with something have to call "troll" or "clickbait" - very childish. I have no affiliation with the guy who did this setup. It took my VR on Vive from a blurry mess to super-clear in 1 step with no messing around. The values he gave worked really well. I then played around a bit myself because I have a better graphics card so could up a few settings for better on-screen detail, but those changes didn't really make that much difference. The settings he posted made a huge difference. If you don't see them that's fine, but calling it clickbait is just childish and probably something you do to lots of posts. Grow up.

5. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

To me the game looks really good right now, with temporal aa on high (no blurriness no bad aliasing after last update) and the rest on hight too with textures on epic. I don't understand the moaning unless you are on virtual reality ᷃ ᷃

1080p screen

6. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

what's your pc's specs?

7. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Maximus7Ranger_i74790k (stock and Hyperthreading on, why overclocking this baby for gaming lol. I mean, 1.050v = 4ghz. Says it all)_970G1_16GB tridentX ddr3 1600mhz_ssd_W7pro full modified for max performance_page file activated (just like I suggested before all those with hyperhtreading processors to activate it if you have four cores only, I also suggest using windows pagefile instead of turning it of despite having 16GB ram. I mean I know it sucks losing more than 16GB space in your ssd, but trust me windows needs this crap even for games. And btw, have the page file in THE SAME disc you have steam and your game installed.)

Screen asus 278q 1ms (27')_ t300GTE+t3pa

This game looks, right now, very good to my eyes on my screen. And the fact that the high temporal AA setting has been fixed has come to only makes things better.

8. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Yeah I agree,
    This has been mentioned before and is an obvious requirement, lets hope they give the idea due consideration.

9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

happy for you, but i have a terrible experience graphic side with a i5 4690 and a r9 290.
    fps are not so bad but image's quality is something horrific.
    I don't run the game anymore, just to say how terrible is it in my pc.

this evening i'll try this AA fix (i haven't even tried the 0.3.5, for a Kunos's fan like me this explain a lot my frustration...) but i don't expect nothing to be honest.

10. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Porblem very well may be your cpu, because four cores only right now (without hyperthreading) is not enough for latest games in the market (not to mention of likes of battlefield and far cry); your gpu drivers, or both things. Overclocking does nothing to solve anything, be advised. It is the number of cores that matter with these last games on the market.

I'd suggest you to begin reducing all graphical settings that are cpu dependant to avoid your cpu reacing 100% at all times (this game needs either more than four physical cores, or four + hypèrthreading). If you manage to lower your cpu usage below the terrible 100% I'm sure your cpu marks at all times then you should have fps and frametime/shuterring issues no more. After this, see about updating your gpu drivers, although I very well know what's the deal with amd when it comes to drivers, one of the many reasons i switched to nvidia long ago.

Still, with that gpu you should have a nice high to epic texture setting applied + high temporal AA (which has been fixed after last update), shadows and some effects to hight too, so I still don't udnerstand why the game looks that terrible to your eyes.

I'm also taking for granted that you aren't running crap software on the background (antivirus or other **** software); that you have 8GB ram at the very least and with a windows page file size IN THE VERY DISC where your game is installed and working, and last but not least important, core parking damnation (if you are on w7) turned off completely via registry.

11. Turk

Turk Alien

I thought that games only really ran on one core and that very few games took advantage of CPUs multiple cores? Or am I confusing cores with something else?

12. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

All clean and ready to run here.
    This pc is only used to run simulator(s). All drivers updated, no **** and garbage in the disk drive, no crap software or whatever.

That my I5 can be a limit i understand it. So i understand that i could have some kind of problems. Easy.
    But on graphic side, i don't understand how the image can be so ugly (blur, out of focus, poor details, aliasing). Even if i push on the graphic options, i can't reach an acceptable image on my screen. Aliasing is still there, blur and in general a "not sharp image" is still there.

I've tried all what can try, all what other guys here suggest (edit the file engine.ini / try this or that graphic config / touch here and there sharpness+aa method / scale resolution+bla bla bla / changed input in my monitor). Yes, something has improved but in the end the final result is far miles from something even "enough".

I mean, i expected to have very poor fps but at least good image on screen pushing hard on the graphic opts, ok. What i don't understand is push all to the max or so and have a "bad" image again.

At the end, i 'm 36 yo. I'm not here for cry over a game.
    All i said is that in my pc the problems are almost impassable, i waited this sim so much but now i had to subscribe to another sim because of this.

Fear likes this.
  13. Turk

Turk Alien

I've mentioned this before but, some features, especially the finer details, may not be fixable at this point. Your issues may be something that Kunos have to fix.

I think you should be able to get a nearly maxed out high frame rate picture on a single screen. I'm playing in VR and with the minimal experimenting I did with graphics settings I didn't find huge gains to be made by reducing settings. This sort of leads me to believe there's a lot of optimizing to come. That it's working better at maxed out graphics than it is at medium settings. All this is my lay opinion, I don't know.

But it's hard to say what you should be doing now when those settings could change in a months time.

14. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

not sure if serious

15. Turk

Turk Alien

Serious. I was under the impression that games don't use all cores unless they're specifically designed to do so.

16. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Gamer

[​IMG]

17. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Ha ha :D

18. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Click bait refers to hiding the settings in a U-Tube video instead of just posting them openly. It's obvious he wants viewers for his channel.

19. Dumbest thing I have read on the internet this week. Not sure if serious.

thursdayends and Fear like this.
  20. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

THIS.
    Absolute this, is what i'm talking about.