1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC GFX discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Briklebritt, Nov 14, 2018.

1. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Just a curiosity...
    It's me or in Acc the clouds doesn't cast shadows over the track?

2. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I always played ACC from the begining ona 1440p high refresh rate monitor with a high end gpu so never had to dial down on any settings, that is why i never experienced the blurryness or whatever people were complaining about. My guess is that the steps when you dial down the settings are not very refined just yet whereas only max settings do look good. So, it's just still work in progress and i would not get too worried about it. PCars 2 looked actually 10x worse than this couple months before release. And it is a graphical showcase to me now.

3. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

and the best part is when you don't even back up with a single argument as to you may think that was dumb. You just say it is dumb, and then stay that proud.

oh boy, that a deja vu or truly I've been there before

Well, while It can not be denied how much better things do look in 4k, and while also understanding the enthusiasm of all those who jumped in 4k and can't roll back, such is the case of the dude who made that video, I still believe there's absolutely no factor in the videogame industry as of yet that may force us to go 4k. Not to mention 1080p continues to look glorious to my eyes in a PC monitor with a high end righ, which will also continue to spare some wallet for years to come.

I think this story of acc looking "that bad" (for some of you here in the forum, just that), is starting to get out of hand. Why do I say this?, well.., do the game really continue to look that bad for you folks after the last update?, seriously?, and if so, you might be saying that because it's 1080p?, please don't get mad at me but I can't buy that. I can buy the complaints of the VR and triple monitor audiences, only.

Game looks of course gorgeous at 4k, as we could have it no other way. But so does right now at 1080p too, as long as your rig is up to the task of course. UE4 is a demanding engine.., what made some of you think it was gonna be a walk in the park for older rigs and cpus/gpus?, you can play other ue4 games such as tekken7 in quite an old spec ig without trouble, but that's only due to the nature of such game. You know what I mean right. This is a game with lotta stuff running on both cpu and gpu (tyre simulation; spring simulation too; weather; many cars etc), and all of that + the enhanced graphics UE4™. Don't forget that

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  4. Seelenkrank

Seelenkrank Racer

i see his vid yesterday and try his settings on my 1080p and set it to single screen --> yes its blurry...
    but i dont put my ~2 year old triple into the trash to buy 3x 4k TVs because one game looks only on 4k good
    and then got performance problems on other games (even a 1080TI cant do wonders).

GRFOCO and LeDude83 like this.
  5. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Sorry but as a blanket statement this is very misleading. Those two games you mention run almost just as well on 4 cores / 4 threads as 6 cores / 12 threads. And I would bet the vast majority of games still need just 4c/4t or maybe 4c/8t.
    Also, the resolution matters. CPUs scale less the higher the resolution is. Just to illustrate the worthlessness of a blanket statement.

Also, overclocking is a moot point for GRFOCO, since he has a non-K chip.

GRFOCO likes this.
  6. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

oh yeah, looking all those games (and acc) on a 4 core cpu (the i5469o the guy was talking about) without ht marking 100% usage at all times (causing shuttering obviously) even when lowering graphical settings that are cpu based really leads one to believe you may be right.

And yes of course if i down resolution from 1080p with that processor it might help..., or maybe not. You know, since resolution is primarily handled by gpu too.

More demanding cpus are needed today with many games, and acc is one of those as we could it no other way. Either go 6 physical cores minimum, or 4 cores + HT. It's the only way to play with decent graphics and not hitting 100% cpu usage. This taking for granted we have a good gpu too.

7. Whitestar

Just to illustrate the tiny performance differences between the different core/thread counts:

[​IMG]

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Fernandito unfortunately joined the bandwagon of CPU bottleneck fortune tellers and PC performance remote analysts. What he wrote was totally generic and non-backed with the only purpose to appear smart.

After_Midnight likes this.
  9. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

I think I've heard that one before. So, where's that nice 100% bottleneck in a 4core only cpu in a game like that. Did you make that one yourself or something?, look if we are going serious we are going serious. If we are going dumb then you may proceed alone and I throw peanuts at you from here.

Just to appear as smart as some of you three to four years ago saying in all directions we didnt need an i7cpu because we would be ok with an i5 of that gen. That we would be dumb in spending $120 or so because ht would do nothing.

Now four years later we have to laugh at you. It's the only thing so many of us can do.

So I mean. Congratulations!, all those who got a 4core only (i5 of that gen) are **** ** currently and have to think on upgrading soon. And all thanks to hardware erudites of the likes of you and the bro above!. And now you trying to play same game but throwing the ball from another direction? Thank you so much, I can laugh harder.

10. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Fernandito at the centre of things, again.

The poor man's mantasisg

Jebus, Freddie Seng, LeiF and 4 others like this.
  11. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

oh look I'm the centre

Seriously, never was it my intention to ruining your anual election of who's the wisest and holds more wisdom when it comes to hardware/software knowledge. Did I interrupt?

12. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

I don't understand, why don't you post evidence to support your claims? So far, all I've seem is "everyone is wrong and I'm right".

13. Whitestar

My response was to your blanket statement that "four cores only right now (without hyperthreading) is not enough for latest games in the market (not to mention of likes of battlefield and far cry)".

Now, since both Overclock3D and TechPowerUp say otherwise maybe you should come up with some testing/facts which support your claim so that we can at least have a proper discussion. Preferably in another thread, since this one is going far off-topic.

It would at least be more convincing than...
    ...which just won't cut it.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

People with a fast 6 or 8 core CPU can easily do a core test for the ACC by simply shutting down 2 or 4 cores via bios.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Doesn't setting CPU affinity in the taskmanager suffice (for thread count, disregarding hyperthreading ofc)? You can set which cores can run an application there.

16. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I am not sure. Bios is 100% working approach.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

17. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

ACC looks good to me but i've been playing GPL for 20 years. The racing is more important to me.

Ace Pumpkin and Sleeper Service like this.
  18. Thanks for the laugh :D:D:D Made my day :)

19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

[​IMG]

20. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Everything is catching on except beauty.

I have an i7 and when I disable ht (leaving for cores only), cpu usage skyrockets up to 100% , causing some shuttering. Acc is just one more game to do that, like far cry, assasins and many more. Proof enough that 4 physical cores is old right now. Of course overclocking to either 4'4 or 4'8 won't matter the slightest, as we could have it no other way.

I see you are a powerhouse hardware guru. Hey overclock3d and techpowerup say otherwise, the two less taken in serious placves when it comes to hardware stuff. Nice try.

Ok now you tell me why happens what I explained above this. Go give me the answer so I can turn hyperthreading off like with games three years ago or four when i bought this processor (thank god I didn't trust other hardware gurus like you and spent more money on it so I don't need upgrading at the very least in another extra four years timespan).

I repeat. Why my four cores i7 at 4Ghz (or 4'8 or 5Ghz of course it doesnt matter) without HT has a cpu usage of 100% in acc and the other games aforementioned, hence causing shuttering. Please be epic enough response to make me laugh for a week at the very least.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018