1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

TrackIR and head tracking discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by KillZoneGB, Mar 9, 2018.

1. iggor

iggor Gamer

same same ..keep thread alive

2. Well, I too use TrackIR since forever, and it never crossed my mind for a split second the idea of ACC not supporting it, because AC does. I bought ACC right at the start to support the development of the new title, and I also have bought all AC content to date. To me, it was just a feature that would be implemented down the road, before launch, something so obvious like "ACC will support wheels/pedals".
    Although we don't know yet, all this talking about the lack of TIR, the already implemented VR in EA (I would expect VR support after TIR), and the absolute silence of the devs about the matter is starting to worry me... specially if (thinking now) I take into consideration that TIR games need to have a "signature", and AC uses the signature of another game (Flaming Cliffs), which *may* really indicate a total lack of interest about tracking devices outside VR realm. If that's really the case, and the devs doesn't plan to support it before launch, they should have stated it explicitly to avoid to fool people into buying ACC (like I did) expecting it to be TIR enabled.

It's still EA, so there's hope. Oh, and by the way, I use TIR with 21:9 screen, so TIR serves well to people with ultrawide or even triples.

WardogZ and Octane like this.
  3. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Strangely I never noticed AC signature but, in Natural Point TrackIR page https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir one of the featured games in the main page is Assetto Corsa, which, at the very least, shows a good relationship between Kunos and Natural Point.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  4. Yes Luis, it is listed as supported, but AC doesn't have his own signature, which forces (at least me) to "share" the profile between these two games. Now it would be nice if someone else using TIR could confirm this (maybe it's just my install?). Eons ago I asked something similar to devs but never got an answer. So far, I'm glad that DCS doesn't use the Flaming Cliffs signature, because I own both AC and DCS and the profiles are way different. :)

5. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I'll check it tonight and let you know my findings.;)

6. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I already had forgotten that AC doesn't use the correct ID for the title.
    Assetto Corsa has full TrackIR support with all 6 degrees of freedom but for some reason the ID wasn't updated for the correct title. That's the only reason why it isn't in TrackIR titles list.

I believe that was something due with AC Early Access and TrackIR initial support that initially was linked to Lock On ID, for titles list purpose, but the ID wasn't updated to the correct game title.
    Nevertheless, Assetto Corsa is surely supported by Natural Point as well in the other direction around, with TrackIR being supported by Kunos. The confirmation is in Natural Point site games list http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/games/
    Furthermore, the devs showed much willing to support TrackIR when AC v 1.3 had something "broken" in the 64bit version that prevented the use of TrackIR (32bit unaffected).
    At the time Kunos solved the issue and TrackIR was supported soon after also in 64bit.

Fernando Zart likes this.
  7. That's the thing that makes me believe that we will have TIR support before launch. It simply doesn't make sense not having it, since AC and all other main titles have it (and it is a well established standard on market today).
    So far, I've been trying to test the EA without it, but it is only to check if basic things aren't broken, like menus, sounds, cars on track, collisions, etc. I completely forgot how to play racing titles without head tracking. Did two races on Paul Ricard to check AI, but it was difficult to hit apexes and get good lines.

8. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

For the moment, I finally found the only possibility to drive +- in a rather "realistic" view .... after many trials without being +- satisfied or disappointed.

And I wonder if this problem is not worse with a single 21/9 screen..... making the view too narrow vertically between the dashboard and the non transparent black banner.
    and maybe a mistaken horizontal fov in relation with the initial vertical Fov settings for 21/9 screens.

Playseat Challenge with G27 ... the 21/9 29" screen is just 10 cm behind the back of the G27 wheel ( thanks to a mural support ) .... the only suitable view without TrackIr for now is ... Dashcam view.
    FOV at 35 and good seat settings. .... no possible view at the instruments ... but finally the visual balance between the car and the track width seems much more correct .... and finally a rather correct and good view of the track to be able to drive decently.

Temporary solution, which now will allow me not to wait for the next build to be able to go further into the ACC discovery ( better late than never or within a few months ).

If it may help the usual TrackIR user until it gets implemented .... try it by yourself. ..... it's surely better than drive sitting on the car hood ( which I never tried IRL ! :D ).

That doesn't change my meaning of course that TrackIR needs to be supported.

9. DClark

DClark Rookie

It's a shame that TIR is not supported to date. No modern serious racing sim should be ready for early access without head tracking-support. They lose so much people for development input and testing. I will never understand why this point is low-priority, i really don't get it. If we talk about the development of need for speed, i would say okay, but in case of a racing sim? Come on...

10. flyingpig

flyingpig Hardcore Simmer

Did a couple of laps just after the last release (someone reported PR had nasty aliasing between the blue grip lines and the tarmac). Didn't notice any obvious problems with that here, and closed ACC. I just can't get a single bit of enjoyment driving around with a static view straight out the front window. Still waiting.

Cornflex likes this.
  11. iggor

iggor Gamer

yep ..just keep the thread alive and hopefully realising this is one of the biggest threads .they decide to support this for us..as there are alot of people that will be so happy if this is supported ATM im not to happy :(

12. Roundlay

Roundlay Rookie

Agreed. It would be nice to have head tracking early on for testing.

Have any devs commented on reasons for its omission? Is implementing head tracking difficult in Unreal 4 or something?

13. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

From what I was able to gather, for TrackIR to work with UE4 it requires to write a C++ plugin for TrackIR.
    For what I understand (probably not accurate, as most of the forums I checked are at least 1 years old, didn't find anything dated from 2018), once the developers have the TrackIR tracker SDK (that I think it's free for developers), they have to write such plugin.

Roundlay likes this.
  14. viffviff99

viffviff99 Gamer

Was so excited to get ACC, I just assumed it would have TrackIR (I actually use OpenTrack) since AC supports it so well .... so was gutted to discover it doesn't. I've given up trying to play ACC without head-tracking.... and honestly would not recommend the game to anyone without a 3-screen set up or VR - which limits the potential market for ACC by a huge margin. TrackIR makes racing sims worthwhile for those of us without the luxury of 3-screens or VR. To say 'VR is the future' is to disown a very large portion of the potential customer base. For me, TrackIR/OpentTrack support has to be a priority. I've gone back to playing PC2 (yes, I know...) until ACC gets TrackIR support. If ACC doesn't support TrackIR, I can't see me ever using ACC, no matter how good the physics / graphics / multiplayer etc... will be. ACC now sits unused, and I keep watching the release notes in hope...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    WardogZ and KillZoneGB like this.
  15. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Good decision..luckily it is not finished product so people can chose to come back later. And nobody is forcing us to help the developers test the game and servers etc.

mr Switchblade likes this.
  16. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

I totally agree with you Viff,

My TrackClip wire snapped in too a couple of months ago, felt lost and void.

So I was trying to source someone to connect it together.
    shame my eyesight and better lack of a soldering iron preventing me from fixing it my self.
    (don't you love diabetes)

So I decided to save up for a Leveno explore the mixed reality headset.
    I took a punt in the black Friday sales and purchased one for £150 with motion controllers.
    Lucky for me, my system works well with it.

So far I've tested in PC2 (man the 3d pops out(Downsampling)), about to try some American and Euro Truck simulator2.

Still got my TrackIR and one day I might find someone to fix the leed.
    For a rest day that I just want to use my TV+TrackIR than VR.

It`s as you say "TrackIR makes racing sims worthwhile for those of us without the luxury of 3-screens or VR."

Anyhoo.....

I don't know if Vincent still works for NaturalPoint it's been years since I spoke to him. when I was developing for MS Combat Flight Simulator3.
    But I`m sure they will love to support this sim/game.

17. Jonnyfilmboy

Jonnyfilmboy Rookie

Just bought the game about an hour ago. I tried played for 47 minutes before giving up and googling whether or not TIR was supported. Really sad to not see TrackIR supported yet. Hopefully it will be. I googled to see if UE supports TrackIR and it does. Anyway, I probably won't return the the game just yet. But I won't play it w/o TIR support. It's a limited game as it is so far.

I do wish the rain light blinked though. I've not seen one IRL that doesn't. Also, I need a steering wheel with more than 11 buttons apparently. Looking forward to seeing how this game develops. Official racing series licensed games are usually pretty crappy. Hope this one isn't.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  18. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Welcome Feint.. for a second i thought i opened BI forums seeing the profile photo :D Big fan of Arma 3 mods you made

Track IR will probabbly arive due time people here are just pushing it to hard ...devs have designed roadmap and they are sticking to it.. 3rd month and not a single delay etc. Original Assetto Corsa had Track IR and great VR this game got VR in release 2 still messy but should be sorted out.

Rain Light on GT3 cars do not blink from footage i just watched only when pit limiter is on. On F1 cars they do.

As for the wheel with buttons we all strugle there :D Lucklly with my G27 i have H shifter with additional buttons but. i will point you to some cool mod that you can instal on your phone and use it as a button box sort of :)
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/dirtys-acc-grid-for-roccat-powergrid.23439/

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    Jonnyfilmboy likes this.
  19. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

In fact, I'm driving with a G27 ... but recently added a Thrustmaster TH8.
    I finally kept the G27 shifter plugged at the wheel in order to keep .... 8 buttons and the pod.

It was a real challenge to keep it in on a Playseat .... Challenge :D.... but it's working finally ! ;)

D.Jankovic likes this.
  20. Jonnyfilmboy

Jonnyfilmboy Rookie

Aww, thanks very much. I appreciate the kind words. I think you're right about the rain light not blinking on certain race series. Perhaps in the Blancpain GT Series they don't blink. I was just watching World Endurance Racing (6 hours of Fuji and the 6 Hours of Shanghai) and their rain lights blink. Must be a regulation thing. Honestly, I guess it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. I love the immersion they are going for with the high and low beams, etc. And you know I'm all about the details. Thanks again.

D.Jankovic likes this.