1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #106 – Supra Magio

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Dec 2, 2018.

1. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

2. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

1.24.408 - Andy-R - PC
    20181207211520_1.jpg

Onboard:

3. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Excellent time, Andy. It looks like my laps for the most part, but a second faster! I'll be watching this a few times for tips, particularly for T2 (still can't seem to get it right). The corner after the long straight, did you shift down to second by mistake or was the short shift deliberate?

4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Thanks! I was happy with the lap for the most part, just got it a bit wrong in the last 2 corners. I found 2nd faster there so meant to change down but I tried short shifting back up to 3rd that lap which wasn't as good. Revving out 2nd meant the point I shifted up to 3rd timed in nicely with the entry to the second fast right making it easier to find the apex.

Sorry about the start of the video, I forgot to edit out me trying to spot the record light through the nose gap :D

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  5. Same here, no improvement. I'm a few tenths up until the hairpin onto the straight. Then my ghost breezes past and aces the final sector! I watch, several car lengths back, in admiration.

6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Really interesting video from Andy-R. Nearly same breakpoints. Nearly same hitting the apex (cough...cough...). Nearly same gears, shiftpoints. .... :)
    But! :rolleyes:
    If you can see my video - its more drama! :confused:
    More entertainment, and 3s difference...So much to learn. :cool:
    Thank you @Andy-R - so nice to see this little things that make the difference between clear and fast laps and fighting and struggling :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

Current standings:

1- 1.24.408 Andy-R PC
    2- 1.25.165 Pretend racer PC
    3- 1.25.530 the3ws PC
    4- 1.26.178 F1415182235 XB1
    5- 1.27.440 Sissydriver PC
    6- 1.27.654 Total Wrytoff PS4
    7- 1.28.266 Laughing Gravy PS4
    8- 1.29.262 ChaosChris XB1

8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

If you aren't sure where those little differences are then upload an onboard of your lap and I will download it and create a side by side with a lap from the same POV in my car to make it really easy to spot the differences.

9. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Andy, how do you capture video on PC? I hadn't realised that the replay files aren't in a video format.

Edit: If I uploaded the replay file and you imported, would that work? Or will the replay on play on the PC it was created on?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Yeah you can upload the replay if you want and I can record it. To record your own replays you could use Nvidia Shadowplay which you should already have built in to GeForce Experience.

the3ws likes this.
  11. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, Andy. I'll try Shadowplay.

Andy-R likes this.
  12. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

I've turned auto replay save off so I don't have a replay of my fastest lap. I haven't been able to put together a lap to record.

13. Tibor Sólyom

14. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

1.28.459 / PS4

Assetto Corsa_64.jpg

My friend wanted to give this challenge a shot earlier in the week, so I let him have at it. He was planning on leaving after setting a lap in the 1.29 range (and having played other cars and tracks previously), but I told him to stick around while I had a quick go myself. Came up with this, and he ended up staying a bit longer and posting a lap just one tenth off mine.

But yeah, that was a fun way to round out a day of him driving me to the other side of the island to pick up my new motorcycle (a 2003 Suzuki SV650), check out the shop the motorcycle was being serviced at, eat out, and then follow me back home. So yeah, I can't say I'll be out chasing tenths for these challenges as often as before, but I'll try to pop in and look slow every now and then!

15. Tibor Sólyom

Not bad, I know that place from TDU :D

the3ws and StyleF1re like this.
  16. Tibor Sólyom

Current standings:

1- 1.24.408 Andy-R PC
    2- 1.24.684 Tibor Sólyom PC
    3- 1.25.165 Pretend racer PC
    4- 1.25.530 the3ws PC
    5- 1.26.178 F1415182235 XB1
    6- 1.27.440 Sissydriver PC
    7- 1.27.654 Total Wrytoff PS4
    8- 1.28.266 Laughing Gravy PS4
    9- 1.28.459 StyleF1re PS4
    10- 1.29.262 ChaosChris XB1

17. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

18. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

haha hard to believe that game came out over 10 years ago! I passed on playing the game myself, probably because the PS2 version (only console I owned) is supposedly inferior while at the time I was consumed playing PGR4 on other people's X360s (still one of my favorite racing games to date). But looking back on TDU many, many years later, some sections do "somewhat" resemble the real places. We sure as heck ain't got as many four-lane roads as the game suggests!

Kind of makes me wonder if the island will be featured again with some future racing release, though I'd highly prefer something laser-scanned paired with the AC sound and physics engines!

the3ws and Tibor Sólyom like this.
  19. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

Improved - 1:25.324
    [​IMG]