1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Release 0.3 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by th3o, Nov 4, 2018.

1. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

We are constantly tweaking the default graphics settings, so it might be. But the placebo is also known to be strong around these circles. :)

2. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

I don't see any placebo affecting my eyes. At the very least you have fixed temporal aa in the high preset, removing the blurriness while fixing those aliased borders good enough (it was terrible before if you didnt set it to epic, but everything then got blurred). This alone has done soooo much already graphics wise.

I can also notice some improvement on performance all around, and even on the AI which is currently awesome, specially on the special event race at nurb.

Placebo is not my name

pd: ok you were being ironic : - D.

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'm less bothered by blurry anti-aliasing and more by ghosting of the temporal anti-aliasing method. I almost prefer having no AA over that tbh. Not Kunos' fault of course, just how the method works.

4. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Highly unscientific post and by no means a constructive feedback, but:

- I *love* night and rain...absolutely stunning! The atmosphere is so good I can almost sense it getting colder out there and I love how you have to start relying on muscle-memory and feel to take the corners. Absolutely a blast...and although I never had an issue with the graphics, the wet-weather graphics seem to make everything just come alive. Could be my graphic settings, could be my opinion or even my eye-sight, who knows :)

But I'll say it again; when I drove wet conditions and day went into evening, evening went into night and the rain still coming down was nothing short of epic...

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yes indeed, rain and night is where ACC really shines!
    Maybe Kunos listend to much to community’s complaints, because at noon it’s not that great. All efforts gone into the features AC1 lacked it seems...

6. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

The Hub part doesn't seem to be working properly. For example, Id'ont have "Virtual mirror" (set on enable)..?
    And very strange stuff when you disable some stuffs (always for the Hub's settings) with VR.

7. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Yes in VR there is a bug, if you disable some stuff the HUD appears twice : on is static, the other follow or head movements.

EDIT : My Steam account has been stolen this weekend. The f***er renamed my account name "Pooh Pooh"...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  8. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Ok, thx ! This is exactly my problem.

ps: Pooh Pooh, it's not so bad :)

9. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

:D
    Still, I can't play ACC until my account is recovered... :mad:

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It says that you are ACC Licensed under your name. Or what is some joke that went over my head? :p

11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

His steam account got stolen/hijacked and he doesn't have access to it until it's recovered.

12. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I guess someone got the password of his account (hacking or guessing) and changed his log in data. So it is still linked here, but he has lost all his games, achievements, inventory, etc.
    Can easily be in the thousands of dollars range with some proper Counter Strike inventory for example.

13. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Yes they could access to my mail, reset the Steam password, and change the Steam email and user name.
    I received a Steam mail in Russian telling basically the account has been successfully changed etc...
    It must be a malware / phishing on my PC, or some accounts has been stolen (it's a Yahoo mail).

For now I gave to Steam some proof of purchase and I wait for my account to be reactivated.

I hope my PC rate will not be too damaged...
    Or it will be better... :p

14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yeah of course, im stupid.. I wonder how he likes ACC? :) Hope you get it back soon and he havent made you any bans.

15. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Thanks ! If my rating is affected it's not that bad, it's still EA, it will be reset anyway

kofotsjanne likes this.
  16. RS10

RS10 Simracer

Now that 0.4 is about to come out ... some feedback mainly regarding the special events

The timer shouldn't start when you click drive in stints but with the beginning of the first lap.
    There should be time penalties or invalidation for leaving the track in the last few corners before beginning the stint/hotlap.
    The time penalties should be taken off the available session time right away as you cross the line for the next lap
    (currently one might potentially exploit it, cut a few corners and rack up +20s but get in another lap, automatically climbing in the leaderboard).
    The timer should continue running once the timer has run out instead of showing " - ".
    It should not say "session over" but "finish your lap" and "session over" once that lap is done.

What else ...
    Do i understand correctly that the SHORT stint gets completely invalidated as soon as there's an invalid lap, whereas the LONG stint just gets the total penalites added at the end? Otherwise it did not count my stint once or twice ... i got invalid laps but lifted so i did not get a time penalty

Speaking of leaving the track without gaining an advantage ... in the session i mention next i got a +1s penalty ... i went wide in the fast right hander at PR (corner 10?) after getting some oversteer and correcting it, it was really marginal with those 'cones' that indicate how much of the runoff you can use and i stayed off the throttle ... in total i lost half a second, a few tenths because of the mistake and another few tenths for lifting ... the game still gave me the penalty which felt unfair, especially since i avoided getting a penalty several times throughout that stint (with roughly 9 seconds lost on lifting to avoid the penalties) - this might need some fine tuning

Something is not right in the long stint event with the Bentley or potentially the stints in general:
    i crossed the line with roghly 10 seconds to go, at that point i had the aforementioned +1s penalty, i did not pay attention to the leaderboard but as i came up to the start finish line on lap 34 i realized the game had counted the time (64:35.980) i had whilst finishing the 33rd lap ...
    the total of the 34 laps was 66:31.917 (+1s)

it is really annoying when you sit down to do a special event which is longer than one hour after missing the 34th lap on your first attempt by a few seconds only to realize that the game will say "well screw you i'm not counting that"
    especially when you see that it would have been a guaranteed #19 (he has 66:35.098) or maybe even better ...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  17. leillo1975

leillo1975 Gamer

Sorry, I just saw this answer from you.
    Why don't you redirect the Proton errors from the game to Valve? It will help you to have them fixed and also if the game works well on Linux, they can put it on the whitelist. In Valve's FAQ on Proton it is Valve who solves the bugs, so collaborating with Valve is all advantages (you will have the help from experts in Proton and Wine, and the possibility of being able to put the Linux icon without incurring support costs).
    Obvious, is always better a native version of ACC. You can build it with Unreal Engine 4, it's supported.
    This is the issues thread of your game in Proton's Github:
    https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/1420

More info about Proton / Steam Play:
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/221410/announcements/detail/1696055855739350561

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  18. Philm

Philm Gamer

Hello, will you add a rear view? thank you

19. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Rear view is left and right view pressed together. some of the cameras dont have rear view some of them does.

leillo1975 likes this.
  20. Philm

Philm Gamer

Yes !!! thanks !!! ;-)