1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Anyone tried motion yet with ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SteelyEyedMissleMan, Oct 13, 2018.

1. All over the place... I had my full OSW wheel setup that was around 20kg cost all of about $220-250NZD from Poland which I thought was very reasonable, through to small things from the states costing $100NZD.

Then there's the other costs.....

If the item is under $400NZD it escapes GST, over then 15% gets added on. Depending on the broker that's doing clearance there's around $70-$150 of charges for brokerage. Over $1000 then you need an import code (free, just paper work). In some cases there's additional duties.

2. Rudski

Rudski Alien

wow. Those are some pretty tough anti-import regulations you have. ouch.

3. On the other side our income tax rate is muuuuuch lower than Aussie. So kinda evens out in the wash.

4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yeah, looked at the RSeat options, they looked good but wasn’t convinced the pedal plate would have no flex, I want to run the richmotech real gear Tilton based pedals later which will put a lot of pressure on it. Also want a DD wheel and wasn’t certain on the wheel support coming from one side. Wanted a full on motorsport seat (no head restraints though) and also wanted to be able to adjust it to any position I want, think the seat in all the RSeat rigs can only go so low and I wanted no limits there. Friend has the RSeat S1 and he is happy with it, nice looking rig but aluminium extrusions just have infinite possibilities as far as adjustment goes so went that way myself

Somewhere around $1500 for the rig itself delivered plus another $700 ish for the seat, that was an awesome price direct from Sparco shipped. Seat is the Sparco Evo

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Welcome to my conclusion, took me a while to get there though

6. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Yeah I can confirm it does have flex. They now sell a proper pedal plate now for a little bit more money. And you're correct it doesn't move up or down just back and forward.
    I can see why you picked it. I didn't have those same requirements, it's just lonely old me using it. :D

7. Thought I'd put an update here
    - Went all in on the SFX100
    - 3d Printers's been going non-stop
    - Put my first actuator together
    - Wired up the electronics
    - Did my first test yesterday afternoon running off ACC telemetry

Short answer: Can't wait to finish it !

Putting together guides to help others along.
    https://www.rowanhick.com/2018/12/09/building-the-sfx-100-motion-sim-platform

Here's the actuator running in @ 3000rpm setting (recommended to start at the 1200rpm setting)

What an actuator looks like next to the rig..
    [​IMG]

Dean Ogurek, Nick Moxley and chksix like this.
  8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Looking good so far. I hope to build one of these systems one day. It's what some are calling the OSW of actuator motion systems. :)

Some are adding a seat-mover or G-seat to this system and reporting excellent results. Of all the effects these types of systems produce, I find the Heave-effect to be the most rewarding of all and, the amount of travel these are making should take that to the next level.

9. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Guilty as well over here eh.

[​IMG]

10. Good progress ! written like a true Canadian :)

With an exception that the license prohibits commercial use, unless that's changed you're not going to have companies spring up offering pre-built systems. Kind of a shame as it could probably do with that for people without DIY skills/time. (https://github.com/SimFeedback/SimFeedback-AC-Servo/wiki/License).

The software is closed source (from what I can see), but open source plugins. It's donation-ware - you choose a donation amount and get access to expert features and the discord channel. Again a little different from OSW. It's an interesting model, happy with donating to help the guy , say thanks and he deserves some $ for his hardwork. However if it gains momentum and went to a true open source model I think it will open up way more interesting features (eg web server for display of settings on tablets).

Proof is in the pudding, I'll find out in a few weeks... my gut feel is $/value/performance is off the charts compared to commercial systems.

I've tried the GS5 and agree it would be an awesome combination. Just $$$$.. ouch...

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, if all these things went full commercial, many of us would be going without. Having the option to DIY such devices brings us a luxury we couldn't otherwise afford (DIY4DaLilGuy).

I'd love a GS-5 but, that may have to be another DIY project someday. Hopefully, more combined controllers will emerge to make these projects more streamlined.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  12. Assembled and tested #2 tonight. Mocked them both up next to the rig, looks super industrial ...

[​IMG]

Nick Moxley, Dean Ogurek and chksix like this.
  13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Looks awesome, will eventually go down a similar path

14. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Are those motion rigs compatible with VR roomscale? Or would you get double camera shake, first in game camera then VR position moving due to rig jumping around.
    I'm asking theoretically since I'll never afford it and it isn't compatible with a small flat either. Neighbors would ask me when the drilling is planned to be finished ;)

15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Nice! You have the first "Wide-Body" version of the SFX-100! :D

16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I have only 1.5" of travel with my D-box setup but, VR is no problem at all with it as the movements feel totally natural and make sense provided the g-force and head-movement enhancements are disabled (most games should automatically disable or limit such features when using VR). It seems most of those already using the SFX-100 do use VR as well and I've not read of any issues related to VR-use.

chksix likes this.
  17. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

There was some issues with a Vive headset and the users power situation. I think it was rectified, but cant recall 100%

18. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

ACC VR in helmet view has g-induced motion where the camera moves longitudinally as you shift gears or brake. Not sure if the cam moves from sideloads though.

19. Alright ladies and gents, I got my SFX-100 powered up and running today. In short damn it's amazing and turning everything up full noise this thing is almost violent. I went out of the gate with motors set to 3000rpm and intensity slider at 2, very quickly learned to dial that back. Incredible to think how much those 'little' servo drives can move at speed. You really notice track texture/bumps/rough patches and kerbs take on new meaning. I thought the gear changes were brutal then I got out AC with one of the older Ferrari F1 cars... ouch !.

Here's a short video of (my very much work in progress) setup and a couple of not super tidy laps... points to note the setup screen gets actual physics output happening which makes the rig jump around a bit, watch 1st corner going on/off the throttle... you'll see obviously curb behaviour, watch for the little movements, it's surprising how much detail gets transmitted..

20. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

If you think AC has brutal gear-shifts, you haven't experienced anything yet. Take some RaceRoom cars for a drive, one of the GT-class Porsches - if you have them. Then, if you have iRacing, even the Mazda MX-cup car demonstrates amazing drive-train flex and it adds so much dynamics to just driving the car; you can feel the twist of the various drive-components as they shudder as a result of not rev-matching manual shifts properly. It takes the driving experience to another level but, be forewarned, it exposes weaknesses in other titles quickly and you may find yourself wanting more from them. I think the dev's hate this stuff. :p:D