1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Broadcasting & Company

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

It's release day again!
    Assetto Corsa Competizione version 0.4 not only introduces a very exciting new car and track combination - many of you also eagerly await what is hidden behind the simple word "spectator mode" on our roadmap. Let's unveil this first, then go to a few other remarkable entries in our patch notes.

Broadcasting SDK v1

With 0.4 we will release the first version of the broadcasting SDK, which will allow modders (yes!) to build rich applications supporting the actual broadcasting crews to make the most professional and immersive livestreams. During the design process we obviously contacted many of the best broadcasters out there, and aligned our visions and concepts with what they actually use, or even dream of. We found many common perspectives, but it was also common that the actual tools used were highly customized, and there was little chance to try to deliver a compromise that tries to suit all needs.

Which was great news, as we originally planned to focus on supporting the cool features, and deliver a SDK for a moddable broadcasting interface. Actually this is what the guys were doing before - but instead of using APIs directed to modding, we found patchworks of (quite genious) hacks around problems that shouldn't exist.

So given a real interface dedicated to broadcasting, we are proud to open ACC to support:

- Live timing updates: cars, drivers, race numbers, teams, track data, categories, positions+pic, deltas, laptimes, splits, session information, etc.
    - Track + condition live updates: temperatures, (rough) rain and wetness, cloud level
    - Tracking: Focused car is updated live and can be set via API
    - Camera control: Active camera is updated live and can be set via API
    - HUD: Active HUD page is updated live and can be set via API (also note we have 2 new HUD pages for shared use, so you can e.g. cycle through "Blank", "Timetable", "Broadcasting")
    - Standings: the standings list displayed in the "Broadcasting" HUD is an MFD and responds to the cycle up/down MFD page bindings. The current order of pages is: simple standings list, list with official gaps/times, realtime gaps and off. Long-pressing said binding will cause it to hide and when pressed again it will return to the previously selected page.
    - Live replay: Instantly jump back to a certain point and show a replay just by time and duration, or use one of the events
    - Networking: Applications are free to connect to multiple ACC clients, and clients will accept multiple connections from different controller applications. This should allow a flexible setup allowing multiple broadcasters across the world to collaborate and for example let one master application control what the audience and commentators see, so they will never again comment on something that isn't even on the livestream

Practically, you will see modders creating windows applications (or even mobile apps) that are run on a 2nd screen on the same PC, or on a secondary PC in the same network, or even connect via internet. We will place our test client next to the C# sources inside the steam folder, so everyone can just fire up something and get a better picture what this is about. However please note that this is not meant to be a real broadcasting client application, it's just the example showing what could be done, and how the API is meant to be used.

We also have some features still work-in-progress and to be added to the SDK during the remaining Early Access process:

- Pitstop+tyre data
    - Events with live-replayable timestamps: offtrack, accidents, loss of control, overtakes, fights
    - Plausible weather forecast
    - Replay highlight saving
    - Communication channel, connected controller applications can exchange data and messages (from simple chat messages between broadcasters up to synchronized saving of replay highlights for later use)
    - spectator mode

Ironically, the "spectator mode" is only a small tool in the big picture of our broadcasting support - and is not part of 0.4. The ability to join a server without actually occupying a slot or having a car entry will complete our approach, but the broadcasting mode is completely usable without the necessity to enter a special mode - it even works for Singleplayer races, which is a huge help to efficiently develop and test applications using the broadcasting SDK (and probably enables some creative ways of "using" this feature).

In a last note, we are also looking into different solutions to improve TV cameras; but as usual, I won't give promises about features that aren't decided yet.

I will open a thread for anyone who is interested in developing with the SDK, or just playing around with our testclient.

The road to Multiplayer

With 0.3 we released the very first step to Multiplayer racing, followed by very valuable weeks of observations and optimizations. Parallely we opened up the Race weekends, means from now on server admins can setup Practice, Qualyfing and Race sessions.

This is another very important step to observe and get feedback from, with the nice side effect of (finally) seeing you racing each other.

Horizon lock

Not only VR users may get a small present with this build: Using this new option found in the video options (Alt+H will also toggle it), "Lock to horizon" will stabilize your view in a similar way the real eye movement works. Especially for VR this is interesting and should reduce motion sickness.

You can seamingless move between the "Fixed view" to "Horizon locked", also ingame by using Shift+H and Ctrl+H.

Rating adjustments

As usual, various rating adjustments and fixes have been.
    Most remarkable is the fix of false-positive "way too hard" sections for the TC, CN and CC rating. But also the CC rating parameters have changed, to be less punishing in a range where alien drivers do the best laptimes around (it's still detected as overdriving, but not as much).

Total Rating + Driver Categories

In your Driver Profile/Rating page in the main menu, you will now find your new TO rating value. It is meant to be a simplified aggregation of our actually quite complex ratings - just a single number between 0 and 9999 describing your performance, mileage and total completness as a racing driver.

The value works straight forward: Drive more, do better, number goes up. Unlock more ratings, number goes up. Once you reached your actual level, you will need to improve your driving to even improve it more.

(In)Directly derived from the TO rating: Driver categories. Everybody starts in the Bronze category; around 7000 TO points you will upgrade to Silver. This is something that should be obtainable for everyone, given enough dedication and practice.
    At around 8000 points, the Gold category is handed out. This should indicate a really good simracer, while the Platinum rank at 9000 TO points will be reserved for only a small number of the world's best simracers.

Disclaimer:
    The Total Rating is obviously sensitive to changes to the underlying ratings, so it will need time, tweaks and data to settle down at the expected numbers. At the moment, I would suspect that we see more Gold and Platinum categories, until the CC Rating is finally adjusted.
    So don't get too attached to your rank, again ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2020
    SrFrei, NemethR, Jacobs and 54 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to enter the broadcasting mode in PS4? Oct 29, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer How to hide this se3ssion info widget in ACC Broadcasting Mode? Jul 17, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes LF ACC accserver.exe server side broadcasting api/sdk Oct 18, 2021
    ACC User Interface PC Broadcasting hud / Enable tower ? Oct 15, 2021
    ACC Physics Missing Data in Broadcasting/Shared Memory Oct 1, 2021
    ACC Tools ACCDirectorAssistant Broadcasting client Apr 10, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Broadcasting/admin controls Nov 17, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Live Broadcasting Oct 11, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Broadcasting question Aug 5, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 leagues and live broadcasting. Jul 29, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Rain effect from broadcasting cameras Jun 21, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Broadcasting and Commentator(s) Solution May 7, 2020
    ACC User Interface Broadcasting hud / issue and a little request Apr 16, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Highlights replay > Broadcasting live Jul 9, 2019
    ACC User Interface Replay-/Broadcasting-friendly cockpit cameras Mar 4, 2019

3. ignission

ignission Simracer

I cannot wait for this build, sounds awesome! :)

4. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

I stopped reading at "modders (yes!)" and started jumping around.. ok ok, now i will continue to read :p

MathMilitary, Turk and Freddie Seng like this.
  5. ignission

ignission Simracer

Man, the spectator mode, sounds incredible - above and beyond anything I expected, and Minolin's rating system just keeps getting better and better!

VtViper and Turk like this.
  6. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

BLOG -> Mino's teaching -> "like" without reading

chksix, Freddie Seng and ZioYuri78 like this.
  7. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

Let me understand, is the Broadcasting SDK an external library?
    If yes i will start work on an engine Plugin for it ASAP!

8. Minolin

Not an UE plugin, but a UDP interface*. But placed a C# library using this in the ACC steam folder; additionally you will find the simple UI both in binaries and sources for a good starting point.

*having networking capabilities appears as one of the hard requirements to maintain more professional setups with multiple commentators and actors involved

Toon Knapen, ZioYuri78 and NeRo2 like this.
  9. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

hope you guys also contacted the youtuber SuperGT, he really does outstanding and entertaining commentary i find.

Salvatore Amato, chksix and Son like this.
  10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Sounds like a lot of fun...and cant wait what crazy stuff moders will do with spectator mode...

11. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I watch him and spectator is not meant in that direction he comentates his videos they were thinking more along the lines for example

Example you have person controling track cameras and person comentating on the race. There is a lot of groups that do racing stuff and livestream it but with or widouth commentary this will give them huge boost and will make rqces way way more fun.

Salvatore Amato, th3o and ignission like this.
  12. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

WTF...
    I must dream more often! :eek::eek::eek:

I'd like if in 0.5 Kunos give us the Lotto's numbers :rolleyes:.

Salvatore Amato, ignission and Son like this.
  13. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

So horizon lock is now similar to what real head motion is doing, rather than just the basic horizon lock in ac1?

14. anything-but

anything-but Guest

@Minolin Do I take it us server admins now get the full commands to ban/kick ect?

Great set of notes there though!

15. Minolin

Not yet, but it's quite high on the list. Getting a stable P/Q/R operational is still ahead in terms of priority.

16. Nupss

Nupss Rookie

I'm extremely excited to be participating in race weekends online, thanks for the heads up Minolin!

17. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Uhh, this could be offtopic so pre-emptive sorry if it is but since broadcasting features are being discussed here @Minolin any chance a proper free camera like the old F7 camera we had in AC will be implemented anytime soon? It is pretty handy to zip around the track with it and use it like a chopper cam. :D

Tino66, D.Jankovic and JnJ | Rayleigh like this.
  18. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Cool stuff, seems a lot of focus is placed on transmitting the races.

Can't wait to test multiplayer.

Talking about it, I would like to learn more about what is planned and I can't wait for the hotswap driver feature... will it make use of the one gold/platinum driver paired with bronze ones?

19. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I'm kind of blanking here....how exactly do I enter broadcasting mode for instance in SP?

20. Hello, Is horizon lock like real head motion in AC ?
    Thanks,
    David

21. An other question :
    Is there something available to create an online session from linux ? (for leagues under linux)
    Thanks,
    David

Toon Knapen and Salvatore Amato like this.