1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Broadcasting & Company

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Will open a thread for this once I'm done, as a quickstart have a look at the
    Code:
    Assetto Corsa Competizione\sdk\broadcasting\Testclient

folder, the readme.txt contains settings which should let you simply connect with the test client.
    But again, this is just a test/demo client - the actual feature is the SDK allowing modders to build the really cool stuff (which I'm already so excited about)

Linux is not yet supported; let us finalize the MP without adding another layer of complication, then we will look into linux.
    We also strongly discourage using WINE atm, it had problems and we shouldn't waste dev time (and see regular clients crashing) on an intermediate solution

2. Thanks for yout reply @Minolin , i understand you want to finalyse MP before doing same on linux. It seems me logical.
    Thanks.

3. Turk

Turk Alien

The new spectator mode sounds incredible. I think it's going to be vital to have something like that if ACC is going to be an esports title. I know I'd watch some races if it was easier to do.

4. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

No

5. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

Just a hint to who is experimenting with the broadcast example implementation client, you need to double click over drivers, cameras and hudpages to change ii in game from the client. :p

Is pretty awesome what you can do with the SDK :eek:

6. Minolin

7. fabT

fabT Alien

Not sure it's working, @Minolin .

My TO is over 9000 already.
    CC at 92, CN at 86.

Still Bronze category though.

Attached Files:

8. Minolin

Ya didn't add that - you need to drive above 9000 (or 8k, or 7k) for serious time to rank up.
    Nothing what should happen today, but in a while

Salvatore Amato and fabT like this.
  9. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

So you need to keep within the score for a while for the rank up?

10. Minolin

Would be too easy otherwise? :D

Actually those thresholds are more practical guidelines. it's not a 1:1 thing, we also need to consider sandbagging at some (later) point.
    For a good category, it has to prove some stability - otherwise if you are a 9012 driver, you'd find yourself ranking up and down 3x a day ;)

Instead, most Gold drivers will have a TO rating between 8000 and 9000, for example.

Son and GRFOCO like this.
  11. RS10

RS10 Simracer

i assume being forced to participate in events to keep the PC rating high is part of maintaining a certain total rating? or can you be gold/plat without ever touching any of those?

and the rating shouldn't start at bronze ... it's like a participation trophy ... make everyone start at "you suck" instead :^)

and it looks like the ratings and their presentation are still heavily WIP as of now ... i hope

12. Minolin

Did the math; aliens could achieve Platinum, but it's unlikely.
    Doing one sensible hotlap to unlock RC should make the TO rating pretty fine though.

That would be my only way to go if we didn't make the official Blancpain game.

trucidatio and D.Jankovic like this.
  13. Borbor

Borbor Racer

That's what 99% of bronzes are in real life, they suck. The only exception are some guys who hop out of karts in their first year racing a car.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

14. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

So out of curiosity. Is the TO number that shows up (I mean now, when you ope 0.4 for the first time) actually as intended based on our driving history so far? Or is it meaningless, until we put in some more time on the 0.4 release?
    Also, I notice in the CC graph, all my overdrive numbers are now 0 in every session of history.

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Shouldn't this be pinned?

16. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

So, does anybody already got promoted from bronze to silver? :D
    I'm wondering how much "serious time" actually is. Since the release of version 0.4 I've put around 28 hours into ACC, but still no improvement (my overall rating is well over 9000)

17. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

18. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

^ someone had to do it lol

Kopiller likes this.
  19. Ælleden

Ælleden Gamer

I'm above 9500 and still rated as Bronze, is that normal ???
    My CC is at 99 since the end of build 3.
    I'm really curious x)

20. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Kopiller likes this.