1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Build 4

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Echo_29, Dec 4, 2018.

1. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Made a short try yesterday online and solo practice at Nurb on the rain.

Everything very stable at 50-60 FPS on my system 1080p, most of the display options on high or epic.

The funny thing is that on rain I am getting even better FPS.

Well done. In Kunos we trust.

D.Jankovic and sissydriver like this.
  2. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

I uninstalled the game reinstalled it, got the new NVidia drivers(12-12-18) because I had FPS stutter.

Everything looks fine. But when TC1 to zero and TC2 to zero(off both) in 488 there is no slide feel, and the trottle is tuttering like interfering TC(but green bar shows 100% full. On screen it says TC off. But it isn't off.

In AC everything with throttle input is fine.

Strange

????

Cheers
    Robin

3. kakusso

kakusso Hardcore Simmer

ACC.png
    VR pixel density is set to 160. To take the print screen i hat to start in non VR mode which disables this setting.

4. Fluid40

Fluid40 Rookie

Tried v4 last night and I looking at general feedback I think I must be the only one who thinks that whatever tinkering has gone on with the Lambo has made it more difficult to drive. In build 3 at Nurburgring for example, every race or practice using the standard aggressive setup I would be doing 1.56.5 ish (I think I even got a 1.55.9 once). Last night I tried it and was doing 1.58-1.59 and it felt much less willing to turn in and just so ready to swap ends with a touch of the brakes into medium speed corners. Having great confidence in throwing it through the last chicane now? No, I don't think so. Is it just me?

For what it's worth my stats are RC99, SA82, CC85, CN73, TR 76.

On that point I also am finding that my safety rating is falling quite consistently at the moment (having been in the high 80s and climbing) despite my driving being no different and having no more accidents or incidents on average than before. I have definitely dropped points even when having close, clean battles - and conversely it has sometimes gone up a point on a lap when I have had a bit of an arguement with another car. I suppose it's still being fine tuned!

5. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

@kakusso why did you set the screen resolution to 2560x1440 if you play in VR ? It must draw some fps.
    I set mine in the lowest : 1024x768 I guess.

I also set foliage and texture to the lowest, because I don't see any difference with "epic" in VR.

Shadows : I set it to "mid", because in the lowest I find it very lame inside the cockpit.

chksix likes this.
  6. trutya

trutya Simracer

some found bugs/issues so far (one half sprint race with 2 qualys with BMW AI ability on 100, agressiveness on 85, after that like 10 minutes of hotlapping with F488, both Hungaroring):

- in Ferrari i experienced some weird wheel movements. on exit of tight turns when you open up your line the virtual wheel moves back to straight abruptly sometimes, like you miss a few picture-frames in movie.

sprint race:
    - the race standings on the left side showed different order than in real and was changing continuously
    - AI took very weird lines sometimes and lost time without no reason, however they're capable of making real laptimes too
    - it seemed there are too many collisions between AI cars on Hungaroring, usually in the same places (T2, T4 exit). to be honest i like that they can crash each other but it seems a bit go to the other extreme. i didn't test other tracks yet.
    - AI went into pits outside of pit window, with no visible reason (tested only at Hungaroring, will test it on other tracks too)

anyway, my impressions are positive, sprent weekend qualy works now, the new track and car look great, and very thanks for the new Spa liveries for the other cars (for example the Spa winner BMW :) )

will give more feedbacks after more testing.

OrganDonor likes this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

If anything, the Lambo feels a tiny bit more loose in the rear in 0.4 and that might even be placebo. I had no issues matching my old pace yesterday even in a far-from-perfect 3 lap stint. "Less willing to turn in" I absolutely can't copy. It turns in really well and saving slides (even quite hefty ones) also works well.

I used my old setup. Could it be that for whatever reasons the default setups have changed or don't work anymore after som physics changes?!?

8. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

My thoughts about 0.4.

First of all, Hungaroring is stunning. I've always thought that iR's tracks are the top by far but tbh i've never seen a virtual track so beauty until now.
    Colors and details, quantity and quality, some steps above all the other track. I literally love how the curbs looks dirt and "used", a small detail (not so small in reallty) but a great result.
    Of course, it's merit of the track itsef with all this trees, objects, sandtrap/runoff, an old school track, but also a super work from Kunos and i want thanks for this..
    Virtual art for me.

Ferrari. Wow, i didn't expected a so lovely car. Balanced, fast, pure joy to drive, great audio effects.
    Watching to real Ferrari GT3's performances in the championship i thought it was a "so and so" car in all its aspects but right now is my prefer car into acc, by far. An unexpected surprise.

Performances in game seems a little bit better than 0.3. By default i had some fps more and maybe a more crisp/focused image, and changing graph's options about the rear mirrors (distance increased to 100m / quality lowered to min.) i've gained some more fps and overall i'm feeling better with the final result on screen., considering my hardware.

I haven't tried in a proper way the online modes for now, yesterday the servers was down, or up but with many many warping, so no words for now about multiplayer, broadcasting and improved rating.

This evening i'll try some "old" combo to double check the effects of updated physics and if ther's been a real software optimization.
    In the end, i was right to be optimistic about this release, to me seems that this has been a noticeable step forward for the whole sim.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Yes, i can confirm this.

10. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Can confirm this. Also happened to me frequently when testing yesterday.

11. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

What I notice in the Lambo from 0.3.5 to o.4.0 is the increased responsiveness of the car to steering inputs and an increased willing to recover when unsettled by kerbs.

3 examples in Paul Ricard where I notice an increased control and agility: turn 4 (Sainte Baume) it’s sharper to turn right and more in control if right kerb is used. In 0.3.5 the understeer is more noticeable and the reaction to kerb use usually unsettled the car very fast causing a sudden change from understeer to oversteer;
    turn 9 (Bendor), again sharper and cleaner change of direction this time to the left and, also, if the left kerb is used the often lightning oversteer of 0.3.5 is manageable in 0.4.0, allowing to correct and keep control;
    turn 11 to turn 12 (du Pont), the Lambo is faster changing from left to right and passes on the right kerb of turn 12 not as abruptly as in 0.3.5

Overall the Lambo is much more fun and more agile in 0.4.0 than in 0.3.5

12. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Hungaring better as expected with GT cars. Liking it. Perfect track to use aggressive setups and play death with the throttle as you slide into those semi-parabolic corners.

Ferrari overpowered in most areas expected. Turns better than the rest; you can break the hard way easily than with the rest; etc etc better than the rest. No fun. Either nerf this ****ing car or buff the others. Ferrari fans can cry an ocean later. Jeez

Multiplayer. Lots of freezings = alt-f4 and restart game; crashes etc.Also, I wasn't able to have a single race against others, and when I finally managed to get into race after endeless practice and qualy sessions, the server couldn't handle the rolling start and everything got messed. BTW, in some servers the game literally looked as If it was degradating/dismantling itself even to a graphical level. Cars teleporting everywhere even in 57ms ping servers, etc. Multiplayer is far from been stable right now. Also, servers won't mark the current session (pratice, qualiy race etc), and the kind of race (endurance sprint etc) ain't also properly displayed. All of them say endurance.

In other words. MP is pretty much unplayable at this point.

13. Fluid40

Fluid40 Rookie

LeDude83, it's difficult to say what might have changed with the defaults but for me things like the Schumacher S used to be an 'easy' sweep through (as long as you get the entry point right) but last night I had no confidence, felt a bit like it dit back in v1 when the Lambo was so loose. Obviously everyone's driving will be different but I know for me it's got a different (worse) feel and the chances of me having great AI races (being on the podium quite regularly, sometimes winning at 92% strength) seemed to be very unlikely now - I finished 16th and was going backwards! I'll have another go tonight. :)

14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yep they show very clearly progress was made in terms of clarity. I remember testing PR and thinking "that doesn't look right" and now with exact same settings it looks quite okay.

mikendrix and LeDude83 like this.
  15. fabT

fabT Alien

After some time i finally tried the Lambo again ( Misano, night hotstint event ).

I had the same impression, rear end seems more loose and that's especially noticeable on fast bends entry.
    Like the 488 seems it 's also a bit "twitchy" in very slow turns / hairpins / chicane , meaning the rear end gets quite loose depending on applied steering input there.
    Past the limit i would expect understeer at very low speed, but i get oversteer instead.

That's on default setup.

Overall i like cars being more loose at medium to high speed, but i find them being a tad too nervous / oversteery at very slow speed.

Never drove a GT3 IRL though, so armchair simdriver opinion here.
    Take it with a grain of salt :D

16. mESCx

mESCx Simracer

1. Ferrari - really great in terms of handling and feeling the road. Kinda reminded me handling from AC1, except rear tires don't get extra hot after a little oversteer, which is good.
    2. Hungaroring - best version i've ever seen, really reminded me my trip to that track. One thing i noticed, is that there are people on stands next to chicane (turns 5, 6 and 7) while IRL you won't see anyone there unless it's an F1 GP weekend.
    3. Graphics looks like stayed same for me.
    4. Performance wise i lost a few (~5fps, ~8%) fps on average in nurburgring, not really happy about that.
    5. Multiplayer. Took me 20 tries to find a server online. Connected, cars warping all around even with low ping, game crashed ~10 minutest in fp1. Still not playable.
    6. Lambo feels like it became more oversteery, but somehow easily controllable.

17. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Using default setups or tweaking in .4?

18. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I am on Ryzen 7 2700X + GTX1080 now. Forgot to change my specs in my signature.

Ahh I see you turned AA off. I'll give it a try later. Thanks!

Last night I tried setting scaling to 200%+High AA and the graphics were a little bit better.

19. trutya

trutya Simracer

that's true, i think in ACC all track is created with maximum amount on grandstands, most a lots of them are not in use at Blancpain events.
    for example for the Hungaroring, only the main straight grandstands are opened, neither the green standing areas anywhere, nor the smaller grandstands around the chicane and the back straight.
    i also doubt that all of the grandstands are in use for example at Misano, i guess they're for MotoGP. but didn't check it in the broadcast.
    i was at the Nurburgring on WEC event a couple of years ago, all of the grandstands were opened, but i don't remember at the small ones over against the pit entry...

20. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Using the same setup as in 0.3.5: a slightly tweaked "agressive setup"