1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's talk about broadcasting (user's thread)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Warning: This thread is only for users, actually using broadcasting application (our test client or real broadcasting system implementations). So we will collect features, how to do it, everything that is directly related to the ACC client - but all technical talk should go to the developer thread.

The general description for the feature is found in this post.

I will start with the general description: In the general case, we will see at least two components:

1) Broadcasting application
    2) ACC client running some race session

The idea is that the application connects to an ACC client via our UDP API; then it will receive lots of data about the current race session. And there are a few commands, so the application could offer a button which changes camera, focused car, HUD appearance or even start a live replay.

To get a hand on this, the following steps are needed to start our test client and actually see the system working.

1) Setup ACC to enable broadcasting:
    Edit your Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\broadcasting.json
    and at least set a updListenerPort. This config mirrors the test client's default values, so you can just click Connect:
    Code:
    {
        "updListenerPort": 9000,
        "connectionPassword": "asd",
        "commandPassword": ""
    }

2) Locate the Steam\steamapps\common\Assetto Corsa Competizione\sdk\broadcasting\Testclient folder and start the ksBroadcastingTestClient.exe

3) Start a race session, I recommend just using a Single Player race weekend with a few AI cars

4) In the ksBroadcastingTestClient, press "Connect". If the configuration matches, you should now see an automatic switch to the actual operations screen.
    Yes I know it's not really visually appealing, but again - this is only the demo/test application, I hope at least one talented modder will soon create something better and also shares his work for infinitive fame

5) In the UI, you can
    a) read information
    b) double click a car row to set the focus
    c) double click a camera/camera set
    d) double click a HUD page
    e) start a replay; I've prepared simple buttons for 10s/30s/60s before, but you can also define those freely, and especially the real apps may have very cool features here

Now it's your turn:
    Questions, ideas, suggestions - gogogo.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Giving back for ACC 1.8: Let's talk about multi-class, multi-hour, full grid simulation? Dec 10, 2021
    ACC Physics Let's talk about spins... Apr 2, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's talk multiplayer/online servers Jul 11, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Let's talk about broadcasting (programmer's thread) Dec 12, 2018
    Console Lounge Let's talk vote to kick Mar 18, 2017
    Console Lounge Quick race weekend (let's talk abou it Vol.1) Feb 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Let's talk Lotus 98T Feb 17, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche Cayman GT4 - Let's talk gearing Jan 16, 2017
    Console Lounge Let's talk about rage quitters... Dec 9, 2016
    Chit Chat Room 935/78 - Let's talk setup and driving Oct 30, 2016
    Console Lounge Let's talk about braking Oct 6, 2016
    Suggestions Let's talk weather (I am not asking for rain). Aug 15, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Let's talk wheels...again. why not? Aug 27, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's hope this does the trick Dec 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's do something, this is going to get ugly...(Servers) Aug 3, 2020

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Sprint race weekend 5-6 AI`s

I am trying and i get box bellow Connect

Target : IP numbers
    2 boxes with isConnected isReadOnly.

i dont get automatically swaped over to the Brodcasting tab

Minolin likes this.
  4. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Got it working upload_2018-12-12_17-14-23.png

Minolin likes this.
  5. Minolin

Is the broadcasting tab empty then?
    Do you see a error text in the connection box?
    If not, something didn't work, please double check the broadcasting.json (also requires a ACC restart)

6. pales.

pales. Racer

Forgive me for querying this, but is this “Spectator Mode” purely an outside tool? I was hoping we would now be able to spectate the AI whilst we’re in the pits, so we can observe, watch live laps, similar to how the F1 Game is... is this not the case?

7. Minolin

Wording is important here: This is the "big" topic of the broadcasting system.
    A spectator mode is part of this, but only a comparably small tool - and not yet released

Vel likes this.
  8. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

Broadcast tool seems pretty cool so far.

Few things that could be added/improved on:
    1. Switching cameras is quite annoying, as I am often having to spam the second set of cameras to have them switch over.
    2. A way to back out of a replay, as I clicked the 1m replay by accident and then had to sit the entire thing out, which can be quite a pain. This would help with us getting more precise replays anyway, as once the scene that we wanted to replay in the first place has happened, we can then back out of the replay and go back to the race.
    3. Number of pit stops for cars. This would be vital I'd say for endurance races, as you can then see who still needs to do a pit stop and so on.
    4. Some kind of transition, or a way to implement out own, when going to the replay and back, as at the moment it's quite a sudden change.
    5. Cameras in more places. This can be kept for just the broadcasting tool, not the main game when racing. But more cameras located around the car would be great, as they are often used in Blancpain quite well. Examples are cameras on the back bumper, low down on the front bumper and beside the driver in the cockpit. These are all realistic camera locations that you see within Blancapin.
    6. Arrows beside the names in the menu to see if a driver has gained or lost a place.

That's all my constructive feedback for now. So far the tool seems great, and is certainly a welcome addition to the game. Keep it up :)

kanu37, Karolinis and Freddie Seng like this.
  9. pales.

pales. Racer

Will we have the ability to spectate drivers whilst we’re in the pits? Is this planned later on? I would hate to just have the ability to drive or quit..

Freddie Seng and D.Jankovic like this.
  10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Restart of the game worked... so all fine now

One thing i would like to see is free cameras so i can switch to empty corner of the track if i want :D but for now works like advertised cant wait to see what amazing stuff will come out of this

chksix likes this.
  11. Very good. This a excelent tool.

12. steevee

steevee Racer

Sweet, anyone got the vr cameras to work?

13. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

We need a LIVE MAP on that brodcasting menu(i know it is basic but) i would love to see Live map on my monitor so i can see what cars are fighting and what not..so i don`t toggle on a car that is not in any fights and miss cars that are. Would be good.

steevee likes this.
  14. Minolin

Kind of forget about the VR cams; I left them in so creative use is possible, but they will only work in VR mode, you won't likely see that in broadcasting.

Data is basically there, at least the world positions of cars. Track maps would either have to be fiddled manually (like it was done sucessfully often in AC1), or you just watch traffic and paint it.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  15. steevee

steevee Racer

Ah, I wondered if it would have just been a static cam from the VR positions.... I kinda like them... shame.... but fantastic work @Minolin, our group are loving it...

16. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Hey,
    just tried this great tool in a multiplayersession, from a second PC and works fine, but …
    I watched other players, different cameras, replay etc, nice App and then I jumped back in my car, by selecting my car from the Broadcasting tool,(Cockpitview) an saw in my reviewmirrors, but what I saw in my mirrors was not what was behind me, it was of another Players view, while he was driving and I´m still parking in pit. Crazy.

By the way, is it possible to scroll the "Team/Player" table in the broadcastingtool?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  17. iker17

iker17 Gamer

Any video to how to conect to use spectator mode?

18. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Just follow the steps in first post and click in the broadcasttool on the name of the driver, you want to follow and choose a cam from the menu. Thats it.

19. paecekiss

paecekiss Rookie

Hello everyone
    here is a small video of my tests with the application
    please excuse my english google translation is my friend

20. fredsiva

fredsiva Gamer

I would like to run the ksbroadcastTestClient from a second PC, to watch the online timetable while my friend is driving.
    Do I need to install the whole jing-bang of Steam & ACC, or can I just copy some files over?

thanks, I love ACC.

21. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Only the broadcast folder for the 2nd PC.