1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER The multiplayer doors (start to) open today!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Yes, setup is default... As soon you apply on gas it spins... Car impossible to drive even on straight... it switch to the next gear - rear tires spins and it goes sideways...

You can test it yourself... Name of the server I mentioned... May be Im crazy? But Im in simracing for 15 years ))

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    D.Jankovic likes this.
  2. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

That is really interesting. I was just now on the server and that is some weird behaviour.. only thing i can say it could be traction problem. but not a server pro so i can not give you any advices what to do

3. cidjc 2

cidjc 2 Gamer

Problém:)

Server Log Start
    Server Version 216
    Installing CrashGuard Fault Handler
    maxClients set to 24
    ERROR: c:\users\user\perforce\builderpc\ksphysicsac\ac2servercore\ac2lobbyclient.cpp (22): AC2LobbyClient::registerToLobby

ERROR: c:\users\user\perforce\builderpc\ksphysicsac\ac2servercore\ac2server.cpp (110): AC2Server::AC2Server

ERROR: c:\users\user\perforce\builderpc\ksphysicsac\ac2server\ac2server.cpp (13): main

ERROR: d:\agent\_work\2\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl (288): __scrt_common_main_seh

ERROR: ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFF08FB3034)

ERROR: 00007FFF08FB3034 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk

ERROR: ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFF0B511471)

ERROR: 00007FFF0B511471 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart

4. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

I play on an Xbox One controller but my safety rating is hovering around 85-90 and my best laptimes on all tracks are in top 200 (around 2 seconds off the alien times). Should I be excluded from these wheel-only lobbies?

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think if ratings do the job as designed and it gets people together with similar stats it shouldnt matter what control method is used, if the net result is much the same.

OrganDonor and Rolz like this.
  6. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Build 4 comments after a few days of testing

1. Server set for Sprint Race "eventType": 3 (if that's of any help on comments below) 10min qual and 15min race
    2. Does ping restrict work? Have ping locked out for over 220ms but had a few guys on that were over that, not much but still over ~240-250ms
    3. Crash physics is a bit off maybe due to this? had a slight tap and I went spinning off and the other person didn't even seem to notice, then later on I had the same thing... I came off fine and the other was a pinball? (I was 50-70ms at the time)
    4. First Qual seems to work well, but the wait times between qual and start you can't do anything... basically nothing works you have to alt-tab to get out if you wish... otherwise wait until session time expires and kicks over to the next one, why not let us go to menu to do setup changes or see how opponents whet in in the times (like AC lets us do)
    5. Qual to race - seems to put setup back to safe one, not the last one you had loaded for qual (Like AC), catches a few ppl out especially those that just use aggressive setup all the time because we (VR users) can't save our custom setups.
    6. Race (Hungaroring tested only at this stage), when starting you start all the way back around the corner?
    7. Race, those that join in server after Qual just before race end up in front of all those that qualified??
    8. Race, if you have auto ignition start it doesn't start car until basically the voice says wait for green, then you get the "green go!" message, where those that have manual start are already racing to the start line and get a massive lead - that is frustrating and hilarious
    9. Flag Marshals are on drugs... waving every possible flag available all around the track lol
    10. Spotter tells you there is a yellow flag around a corner on the same corner (where there isn't anything) for the duration of the race - CrewChief had this same issue at one stage in AC
    11. default session times need to change as you can't finish lap before race ends and u get sent to pits... then stuffing up finishing order... played with the following settings
      "sessionStartingUITime": 60,
      "sessionResultUITime": 30,
      "sessionRaceOverTime": 120,
      "sessionPostRaceTime": 150
    12. with above the Post Race Time then becomes painful because u can't do anything (see point 4)
    13. day/night seems a bit weird... some people get day time driving, but the server is set to night...
    14. When race kicks over to new qual session none of the times are recorded or seem to be... it looks like a massive delay getting data to timetable, you can't see deltas or times in hud whilst racing... u have to guess by looking at stopwatch as even that tells you some random time when you cross start finish line
    *BUT* It's awesome to be racing, the feel of driving is great and all looks fantastic!! So thank you!!! :D

R. Iván, D.Jankovic and martcerv like this.
  7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Good stuff covers pretty much everything I noticed too. Regarding day/night qualy was daytime with a night race. This worked as expected except when I left during qualy to change cars. It was daytime when I left and about 8 min to go in session, as I rejoined and still qualy it was dark same as race start.

I was on discord with @Rolz and he confirmed it was still qualy and daytime. So I exited and tried again it was still dark, did a couple laps and others all had lights off so probably daytime for all others still.

Server was set at 10x time speed if that makes any difference.

8. fabT

fabT Alien

MP doors are closed again ?

No connection, no servers.

9. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Right, looking into it. Does it work again?

10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Working now for me.

Minolin likes this.
  11. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Minolin can you please tell us what does the name colour mean in game? and number in brackets ping?

Rolz likes this.
  12. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Number is ping from what I’ve been assuming

13. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Is it me, or is there no feedback from the wheel whatsoever when rear-ending someone? I'd expected to feel atleast something, but nothing at all. Is this caused by something on my end, or is this simply not implemented yet, or is this maybe even as designed?

14. Rolz

Rolz Alien

maybe because damage hasn’t been enabled yet?

15. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Maybe, I don't know. Even with damage turned off I'd expect to feel something tho. Maybe it will come in a later build, just felt so unnatural to me.

16. Rolz

Rolz Alien

crashing into cars also feels unnatural... so i avoid it ;)

17. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I try to avoid it, but sometimes people just don't step on the throttle coming out of a corner :D

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If the car is unsettled I can clearly feel it in FFB same as if it gets loose, actually with a DD wheel if I get hit unexpected I need to try and get my hands off the wheel to avoid breaking fingers lol. Would really love a soft lock that works like hard lock in wheel drivers, its only when I get an impact or loose it in the wet I go past full lock but having wheel set to 900 makes it harder to catch then if it was to stop wheel spinning when it runs out of rotation.

If you just straight rear end a car and it wouldn't be felt in the wheel then I don't know why you would expect it to be felt in FFB, I really wouldn't want a fake impact effect to be added just to let people know when they hit others. There should be a sound and car may get unstable which is really all we should be feeling from the FFB, also in MP its possible contacts could be lag related and so 1 or both parties may not even be aware of any contact. I don't think I have had any contact in MP yet but have had a bit with the AI, and a couple real good ones where I think I would have died had It been real. :rolleyes:

19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

After tyring MP some more, I really hope next build fixes the starts and includes server filtering. Timing to work as atm it seems the server has no idea who is leading or wtf is going on, much the same as the flag marshalls. That time where we get into VSC there should be no reason to disable exiting to pit window and I think at this point if someone escapes from track they should see the timing and replays and tweaks or save setups. As is atm if allowing longer over time everyone is just stuck in car at 50kmh or stopped on track wasting time, oh and also I hope the ping limits work as we are in Australia and surely there is no reason for 350 plus ping guys from Europe to join when there must be 1000's of servers for them to race in.

With no admin controls and no server filtering the busier the server gets the more muppets come in as I just had a race where t1 either the guy had no interest in braking or no idea about the track, cant wait til all this cool rating stuff actually has some purpose to it.

R. Iván and Rolz like this.
  20. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Personally I frequently get the "Fatal Error" and the client crashing. Will probablt stay clear of MP for until next build/patch, but that's just might as well I think: the one somewhat successful race I had (3+laps before client crashing), half the field didnt seem to know the track even...why race if you dont know the track well enough to...well...race?