1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER The multiplayer doors (start to) open today!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Try it tho, maybe ask a friend to join you so you don't piss some random guy off :D I turned the guy around with a slight touch on the rear, while he was spinning I ran into the side of his car. The speed at which it happened with was around 100 km/h, the M6 weighs about 1300 kg. I'd expected to atleast feel a rumble or whatever.
    Never done this in real life, so I don't know what it should actually feel like. Maybe there's no feedback at all, just felt strange to me.

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

With AI collisions are as expected, my first collision in mp was as expected. But that was lap 1 t1 hungary, leading and clear I was nearly finished braking in 1st. The car that hit me probably just shifted up to 6th.

I could have broke a finger as the wheel ripped out of my hands. :confused:

I did see some others have lower speed contacts that looked od due to lag. I had one low speed contact side to side last turn and felt the wheel as expected.

3. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I meant rear-ending someone. I made this video especially to show what I meant (I apologize to the people I rammed :D). Sometimes the cars just don't seem to have any weight at all.
    This is not how I normally drive btw. Third clip really was an accident.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

What feeling are you expecting? If you hit square and your car continues on the same path the wheel shouldnt do anything. Some of your victims may have been injured with DD wheels though lol.

G forces are what you would feel in a real car but those sort of contacts wouldnt do kuch to force felt in the wheel. If you had a motion rig and felt nothing there would be an issue, but any rig fed telemetry would give impacts there.

5. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Atleast some rumbling or whatever. Especially in the final clip at 0:45, the speed different is pretty big, but I pushed the other car out of the way like it barely has any weight. No feedback whatsoever through the wheel.
    Try it out tho, join a free practice session and just get behind some people and shunt them lol. Just for testing purposes ofcourse :D I think it's more useful if you'd actually feel it instead of watching a video of it.

6. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Besides obvious things like fatal errors, starting the race in the pit lane, not being able to access the setup menu in a race sometimes, I noticed that the replay function is a bit buggy. In a race just now I wasn't able to really watch it because the camera was focused on the pits. I couldn't change the car and by switching cameras it would just switch outside and into the pits like if there was a invisible car standing. Also my BMW (only) again made weird noises I once described in another thread (https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/bmw-m6-sound-bug-in-replay.53475/) and should have been fixed with this update hopefully, but I guess it isn't..? ^^ Besides that you're getting thrown out of your replay as soon as the session ends which I find kinda unfortunate.

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Honestly I see no point in such a test, like I said if the front wheels arent impacted and impact is so square your cars angle doesnt change the wheel shouldnt get any extra force.

Surely you could do the same test with AI doing it in mp with unsuspecting people is not real cool. :rolleyes:

No point adding a fake vibration for contact IMHO. Just keep ffb to what the wheel should get not add fake g-force effects.

Hagen and Rolz like this.
  8. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

They need to work on their contact model, the tiny tap on the rear and you spin the car in front instantly.

9. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I just tested it against the AI, and now I'm 100% sure there's something wrong with the collision physics with human players. You can feel every single touch through the FFB when rear-ending AI, even when it's done at the lowest of speeds, when you're still in the formation part for example. Not all of the feedback are big rumbles or whatever, but every touch does make the steering wheel twitch, even if it's ever so slightly.
    AI cars seem to have weight to them, whereas human controlled cars lack weight. I will once again refer to the video I posted, at 0:45 in the video I hit that guy with a speed difference of (guestimation) 30-50 kph, no feeling whatsoever, as if the car I hit weighs nothing.
    And you may be right that there should be no feedback through the FFB when the front wheels aren't impacted, but the strange thing is that the front WASN'T impacted even with that massive of a speed difference.

I suggest you do the same tests as I did. If you're so opposed to crashing into people in an online session, either ask a friend to join you (I will even join you so you can crash into me), or simply ask in the chat if you can use someone to test this on.
    Please don't reply to me saying I'm wrong if you won't test it yourself. It literally would only take 5-10 minutes of your time to test it.

10. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

I haven't had a successful multiplayer race yet.

Here is little summary of todays races @ Hungaroring

First race I qualified on pole. Started first from last turn, but game said "follow the car in front" there was nobody. First lap first sector I started to catch some slow drivers. I don't know where did they got there. Whole race timing was mess. Just absolutely no sense. When the race time ran out I was P2 and game said "leader is on the last lap, keep on pushing" 30sec later race ended middle of the track. Results page was in random order.

Second race. Had pole again. Last turn loaded and car started to shake. After I got permission to move car exploded through the track and started falling. Had to alt+F4 because it was impossible to stop.

[​IMG]

11. Rolz

Rolz Alien

yeah had this issue too with 0.4.0... we've just gone back now to having long quals running until these weird quirks get worked out.
    Haven't tested with 0.4.2

12. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

333 km/h in 2nd gear? Cheater!

henri and Rolz like this.
  13. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Are servers always on real-time? I live in Europe and mostly drive on the evenings and whatever server I find with decent ping seem to be in real-time - meaning I constatly drive in dark conditions...Could be a fluke too, I guess...

I'm all for realism and such, but it would be nice to drive in daytime every now and then...

14. Rolz

Rolz Alien

depends on server admins really

Ricky Reject likes this.
  15. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

People like night it seems :) but yea it is not real time depends how people set up their servers... you can see that small moon icon and try to find server that does not have moon icon on it should be day time

Ricky Reject likes this.
  16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

First ever MP race in ACC yesterday. 30 min at Misano. Rolling start is awesome. The hickups when someone joins or leaves are crazy - half second freezes are to be expected.

There were no issues with the ping as far as I can tell. No laptimes were recorded, the race result was wrong and there was a fatal error afterwards. But most importantly: I won! :) My first ever ACC online race and I won, hehe.

During those 30 mins I got to know the Ferrari. It's very good, stable and forgiving. Through the turns the BMW couldn't keep up. In the beginning I was wheel 2 wheel with a very quick Bentley however. I think he ran out of fuel after some 7 minutes.

All in all very promising. I can see that the racing in ACC will be very, very good. With all these bugs I can understand why they called it "MP preview", however.

Son and Ricky Reject like this.
  17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Never experienced such massive hiccups when player joined. Actually leaving none end when entering maybe 1/100 sec. Really short spike.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

D.Jankovic likes this.
  18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

used to get a similar join lag (felt similar to me) when we were running minorating and having auth servers located in Europe (we're in Australia), when Minolin made an authcache we could run locally the issue went away...
    Doubt it's the same issue, but if it's some client/server check going on that impacts performance some way... seems to be more prevalent when a new car model jumps on track for the first time...
    say ppl r driving Ferrari's and bmw's on track then a lambo or bentley joins...

19. Franc Pisek

Franc Pisek Gamer

Didn't try 0.4.2 yet, but those cars start from the pits even when you have qualified.
    Had just one race when everything was OK and had a normal formation lap.

20. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Never had a (MP) race yet from a formation lap, they have always started from the pits.