1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

G27 with Nixim brake pedal mod

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mikendrix, Dec 17, 2018.

1. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Hi guys, this is my little story.

Last night I replace my brake pedal by the Nixim brake spring mod (spring + little rubber)
    It was said we could do better lap times with it, blah blah... I thought Yes yes of course it's some marketing bul**** again. Anyway I bought it, because I would like to harden the brake pedal, a gain some comfort.

So I installed it, and launched the Ferrari hotlap on the Hungaroring.
    First lap I was near my record, second lap I beat it by 200ms...

WTF ??? It has been 3 days I tried to beat it, it was impossible, I had already reached my best I thought.

I played again, until this morning, I beat my record lap after laps.
    Now I made nearly 2s better than my previous record (from 1:48:5xx to 1:46:3xx).

So if you have a G25 or G27 it's a great mod for low cost (I spent 20€).
    The G29 has already a similar brake spring, I don't know if it worth it.

Also, I replace the throttle spring by the clutch spring. And the clutch spring by the previous brake spring.
    The throttle is also stiffer, maybe it also helps.

sid1965 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Nixim mod for g27 Jan 18, 2015
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Sharing: ACC V1.7.8.2 + Xbox Series S + Brook Ras1ution + G27 Feb 23, 2022
    Chit Chat Room G27 Wheel Problems Oct 29, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions Assetto Corsa Logitech wheels damn good FFB setting 2021 (g27,g25,g29,g920) Apr 26, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Using thrustmaster ts-pc wheel with logitech G27 pedal (not wheel) Jan 10, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G27 unresponsive in MP race session Nov 9, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Problem configuring Logitech G27 Jul 10, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals My updated g27 FFB settings May 21, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Configuracion G27 Mar 28, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G27 Wheel Grinding Mar 1, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds My logitech g27 ffb is not working properly Feb 10, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G27 FFB Disappearing [Hardware Issue] Feb 9, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G27 lost calibration Feb 2, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G27 woes Sep 30, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 problem Sep 6, 2019

3. TDS

TDS Alien

good brake hardware is the single most important gear you can buy for simracing.
    being able to modulate the initial force and release it slowly just before the apex is really beneficial for lap times.

4. chakko

chakko Alien

IMO, the one in the G29 is total bull****. I needed to stand on the brake pedal (!!) with my almost 100 kg's, to get full brake power.

I have the GTEye mod in my G27 brake pedal, which is really nice. You definitely get a better, and more consistent feeling with more brake resistance. For me, the optimum so far was the loadcell brake pedal in the Fanatec CSL Elite pedals. That really had a very nice feel. Unfortunately, i couldn't operate the pedals here, because they always fell over, so i would have had to fix them on a wood plate, or similar, and, i had some issues with fixing the wheel as well, so i sent them back, and went back to my G27. Still works fine, of course. :)

TDS likes this.
  5. StoneSpb

StoneSpb Gamer

Seems like it is not ACC related :)
    But surely you get better feeling of pedals after modding. I bought this one http://www.gteye.com.au/product/gteye-progressive-brake-spring-for-g25-g27 and replaced all springs (GTEYE -> Brake -> Clutch -> Throttle). Feels much more natural.
    Not quite sure it was just a new spring that improved your laptimes :) Maybe your improved skill/other racing lines/car setup/good sleep/mood/etc also affected :)

TDS likes this.
  6. TDS

TDS Alien

you will get a even bigger advantage going from nixim to a load cell.

mikendrix likes this.
  7. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Yes, but it's not the same price.
    The next improvement could be the Bodnar cable, to increase the resolution...
    Well no, the best improvement this cable can give, is to be able to replace the G27 pedals by some Fanatec ones :p
    Pedals with a load cell brake. Like a Fanatec Clubsport V3 :D

TDS likes this.
  8. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Maybe it's a combination of better brake precision + placebo effect :)

LATE4APEX likes this.
  9. powersky

powersky Rookie

I have upgrade my g27 pedals to fanatec csl and wheel upgrade to 2.5v. Not cheep, not faster, but more fun:)

10. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

I
    I liked the GTEYE mod for my G27 , switched to T3PA pedals with the conical brake mod which felt really cheap compared to the G27 ones.
    Then got a set of second hand Fanatec CSP v2 which are great and did help my times.

But my biggest time improvement came from switching to VR

11. I've also replaced the standart spring of my G25 with the Nixim GTEye one. The feeling of the brake was much improved. After that I changed to the load cell mod of Apelectrix.
    Was happy to got one used from Canada.

But like said in the posts above the GTEye is a big impovement over the original spring. And it's a really bargain and easy to install.

12. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Me too, last week end I tried to play again on pancake 2D my laptimes decreased to -2s.

13. isma_c_r

isma_c_r Gamer

Obviously that mod improves simulation, but honestly that time had also plenty of room for improvement, and I'really far from being an alien