1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Triple Screen Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by AT_RubberDuck, Sep 12, 2018.

1. tifosi79

tifosi79 Gamer

What bugs me is the fact that Kunos will not say anything one way or the other. They have to know a lot of people are asking for this. They know people were going to ask for this. At this point this is what I call a major D!CK MOVE by Kunos.

Serge Pribicevic likes this.
  2. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

What if they are investigating possibilities but don't yet know if it's feasible?
    Do you want them to say 'yes, it's on the way' only for them to find out it's not feasible - in which case they'll be called liars, or for them to say 'no, not coming' and to then add later on when something is figured out (by which time all the triple screen ppl would have left due to first announcement)

3. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Should they update this thread every day "we are at work, stay calm kids" or what you mean? :D

Seelenkrank likes this.
  4. tifosi79

tifosi79 Gamer

Investigating the possibilities? Now? That's what I call poor pre-planning.

5. tifosi79

tifosi79 Gamer

At least once they should. Is that really too much to ask?

6. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

7. Krahl

Krahl Gamer

anymore news on this so I know if to refund or not as I cant and wont play like this

Serge Pribicevic likes this.
  8. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

Sadly no. :(

And I agree, I can't drive like this either (still 4 hrs in game)...
    And really...those mirrors (this is on EPIC setting):
    The dotted line is in fact a full line too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Looks like a game of about 10 years ago...
    Even stranger is that mirrors on low settings aren't that much worse...what is wrong here ? :confused:

Cant' even see the right mirror, because even the right pole is out of reach on my right hand monitor.

Raklödder and Serge Pribicevic like this.
  9. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

I have already lost hope, to be honest. :(

Fanapryde and Serge Pribicevic like this.
  10. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

How can you loose hope when game in EA 0.4.1???

11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

patience. all bout patience. wait and see. and trust in kunos. :)

12. Turk

Turk Alien

My guess as to why there isn't much talk on this (other than Kunos not promoting features until they're sure they work) is that this is a problem thats some what out of their hands. It's an engine shortfall and one that affects more titles than just ACC. I would assume this is something that epic games are working on implementing and that it will eventually become a standard feature of the engine.

If there was any truth to my guess then Kunos are not in a position to comment. It wouldn't be fair for Kunos to make statements about what epic games are doing. Obviously that's not much use to people waiting on the feature as all they can do is be patient but there's nothing really that can be said at this point and I wouldn't expect a definite answer of yes or no until full release.

13. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

It would have been fair to explain that before the game came available. I can't believe nobody at Kunos thought about that when they decided for UE4.
    I took a risk, kinda supported Kunos in good faith. If it's not going to come, so be it. But I still believe it is not fair.
    EA implies you pay less and can test a game with all shortcomings. Well, I can't test because for me it is simply undriveable. Now I (we) have to sit it out and wait and hope...

14. Turk

Turk Alien

They probably did, and for all we know they got assurances it would be implemented before ACC made it to full release. The fact they haven't said "no" implies something is inbound. Typically if there isn't going to be a feature in the game they do say so.

I can understand why that would be extremely annoying, but nothing about the EA process can be considered a promise of anything. The only thing you've been promised is a fully featured title next year, none of those promises apply until the game gets a full release. Until then you get access to whatever state the game is in now, no guarantees.

You say the game is undriveable but that's not really true is it. You could play the game on a single screen, but you don't want to. I could say the game is undriveable for me because there's a housing shortage in my area and I can't find a house to live in so I've nowhere to set up my rig, sort it out Kunos.

Freddie Seng likes this.
  15. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

You know (or should know) very well that what I said makes perfect sense. Being used to driving sims that have correct triple screen support makes it simply impossible to drive with the stretched side views, let alone reverting to one (in my case 27") screen, without side view.

16. Turk

Turk Alien

I know that when your used to playing on something like triples there's kind of no going back, I'd turn my nose up at anything less than VR. But that still doesn't make the game undriveable, it may not be up to your standards, but plenty of people play and enjoy the game on a single screen.

I do have sympathy, it sucks not being able to enjoy the game the way you want. It's not unreasonable to expect triples on a sim title, but Kunos are braking new ground with new software and that means even the basics are going to cause problems. The bottom line however is you can only be patient at this point, it's only a few months until full release.

Typer and jaxx_za like this.
  17. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

Oh, I agree that plenty of people may well be enjoying this in its current state when on single screen or even VR, though I read A LOT of complaints there too).
    I was just refering to my own. For me it IS undriveable on triples (even seeing the side monitors in my peripheral view causes uncoming nausea after a short while - almost as if I'm driving in VR which gives me the same issue) and I sincerely doubt any triple screen user will enjoy as it is now.
    Reverting back to single 27", nah...as you wrote yourself, there is no going back.

18. Krahl

Krahl Gamer

Because of the restrictions imposed by steam for refunds
    Best bet at this point is to refund and pick up from the bargain bin after release

19. nolive72

nolive72 Racer

I can see you have a 1080Ti like I do.Are you running the game on NVIDIA Surround? I can drive on most available tracks without problem, except maybe some tight corners and yes mirror views isn't the best out there but I dont feel like the terrible experience you are sharing.not saying its not true, we are all different in our perception but saying the game is undriveable on triple is too much of a stretch for me. Have you also tried to tinkle the FOV settings to help?

20. budgetek

budgetek Gamer

I have to say I am on tripples (3 x 1440P) and I enjoy the sim a lot. For me its much better compared to single screen though the side screens picture is stretched. Fingers crossed for propper tripple screen support though...