1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Build 4

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Echo_29, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Going back to a monitor gives you a chance to enjoy AMS!
    Every casting shadow needs some light.
    ;)

2. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I am sorry but I am not really enjoy ACC currently. Sound is superb but graphics are really cartoonish in my eyes and as such I have zero immersion.
    While I admit that in my system I can't maximize settings and on paper engine is far more advanced I have really better immersion with the AC+ ( + because AC is something different currently with all this new stuff).
    I know it's not fair comparing an EA game with the optimum to the max AC but hey , this is what I have at the moment. Feeling wise, I also struggle with front grip awareness which kills somehow the weight and rear end superb feeling . Same goes with high input lag.
    My biggest issue is the unreal engine though. I really dislike this shallow and cartoonish image.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

3. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Please give us some comparative graphics so we can understand what you saying.

Glladorous likes this.
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Kart Kraft...

5. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Pictures pls.

6. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

What's dumb about it? Some random no name "dev" wants us to stay on topic. The thread is titled "ACC build 4". People go on Steam and see that R4 is out, they look at the roadmap and see that MP is live, they pay and download and go to race online and it crashes- over and over and over.

To me there's one thing about R4 I want to discuss- It's broke! MP crashed every single time I went on. I don't see a "low front grip" issue. I don't see any AI issues. I don't think it looks "Cartoonish". I think the backend guys need to get off their backends and do something to fix it. Toot sweet!

What do you think about the "fatal error" mp crashing issue?
    If you say " works mighty fine for me" I'm gonna slit my wrists! Well- not really. I will think you're a troll tho and just flat lying.

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

DUDE, you have been to elementary school, as everyone of us was forced to!
    That is, you should be able to read on a basic level!
    Attach your log files, so the devs can look into it....
    And no, I have no problem entering multiplayer with built 0.4x.
    DUDE...

jaxx_za likes this.
  8. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Never mind just checked some kartkarft images. I believe it's the same engine.
    Off course ACC need some adjustments, teaks, that will be made for shure, but you guys give the devs a hard time. Let the guys work. Give support and feedback and you will have a v1.0 that you can't believe how good it is.

9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

:rolleyes:
    In these times of interconnectivity you should be able to help yourself...

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Ok, forget the above comment, you made it!

11. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Don't you have both games installed?

12. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I believe this is kind new thing, people don't have patience nowadays.
    Fast and good still not possible.
    By this time devs must be regret of choosing the early access road. Guys that had follow AC development should now that is their way, listen the community so they can delivery the best product possible.

13. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2018
  14. C'mon guys :) Stay polite ;)

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I really tried...
    But being threatened to get punched while trying to help was too much...

16. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Of course I have. ACC is must better, more Detail, atmospheric effects, day lighting transition all running very smooth. At least for my eyes. I am not saying that it cant be improved. But... sorry:D this is an early access.

17. Si.

Si. Simracer

This is not a console game with fixed target hardware, with PCs the hardware combinations are almost endless hence why MP works fine for some and not others. That’s why the devs need your logs, to look at your unique hardware/software setup.

Perhaps you should park the game for a few of months, accept you got a good discount and come back for Release 1.0. It doesn’t sound as though the Eary Access model is for you.

jaxx_za, mms and PLebre like this.
  18. liakjim

liakjim Alien

As I said, I agree that ACC is better on paper.
    Something is not right , at least IMO . I don't know if it's the color palette, or shaders that don't give the metallic feeling of the cars or the lighting , or that the image is not crystal clear , I am not sure exactly. In the end , my brain says that this is a game while in AC , my brain gets the illusion of being more like real life.
    As I said before, I know that it's not fair comparing an ea game with a finished and upgraded by mods one but still I feel a little bit disappointed and I am trying to express it so that devs can read my feedback.

miky and GRFOCO like this.
  19. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I suspect much of the issue is related to lighting and shader's. At times, things appear very flat and 2-dimensional. rFactor 2 suffered from this as well but, it's slowly getting better and should receive a lighting update soon (ish). I think that will make a significant difference in the overall image-appeal and depth.

R. Iván likes this.
  20. WallyM

WallyM Alien

To my eyes, it's the reverse. AC looks cartoonish to me now after seeing ACC (I have everything on Epic). It's just subjective... everyone will always prefer one over the other.

anthonylroy, Nd4spdvn, M96 and 5 others like this.