1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Build 4

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Echo_29, Dec 4, 2018.

1. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

You are not being forced to play the game..you dont have to go trough earlly acces just wait for 1.0 and decide is the game for you.

Game looks great... i love it.. comparing it with AC is uselless but people still do it. Different engine changes everything..

It is understandable that some people will not like the game and will not be game for them..totally cool. There is plenty more fish in the sea.

But dont expect devs to change whole game just because it does not suits you...

2. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Can I point you to nd4spdvn reply on this topic https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/trees-and-shading.54037/#post-1015336. What saturation value are you using ?

3. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

I find AC colours a bit dull, ACC looks much better, on a nice sunny day, the real world is colourful!

Lurkusmaximus, Freddie Seng and Son like this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Anytime I start questioning AC/ACC graphics I just fire up rF2 and all my problems are solved :D

"graphics are great Harry don't change a thing"

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    tlsmikey, Psit and Ciccina2016 like this.
  5. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Sir, in all sincerity you are being unreasonable. This is EA, and it is clearly listed as so on Steam. Expecting any part of the game to be fully functional before full release is thus unreasonable.

Assuming that you've joined EA at 0.1 like me, we've paid a fraction of what this title is truly worth. So claiming to have wasted ones money because of incomplete features in EA is unreasonable.

Seeing posts like yours and others, insulting the devs, thrashing what to me is a masterpiece in the making, is spoiling the EA experience for myself and others. Im here to be part of the dev process, to see how this title is shaped by the devs over the EA period, and to experience the title as it progresses. I hope I'm wrong, but I get the feeling that the devs participate a lot less directly as a result of this type of 'backlash' from the community.

As a fellow enthusiast I would assume that you are here for the same reason as the rest of us - the opportunity to get a glimpse into the process of building a simulation racing title (because as many have stated over again, the product is not complete). Have you ever considered that the way you and some others go about expressing your feelings about the title could be jeopardising that very opportunity, and potentially the future of what is a very niche genre?

PS: I have the same piece of SW as you, yet I find myself spending all my free time in ACC, and haven't run AC for week. Surely the devs must be on the right track?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

6. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I do appreciate your response and I feel like I should explain my thoughts to everyone a little further and in more detail. You should know that I too only play ACC. Altho I have 3k hours in AC and I'm a certified fanboy, I'm just not intrested in it after this. I'm spending all my free time in ACC as well. By that I mean once or twice a day I go online to see if I can have a complete race- and after r4 was released I haven't finished one single race without a fatal error. Half the time the hangups causes my CSW2 to go haywire and try to tear itself from my rig. That sucks!

My point about the dev was that he asked us to get back on topic when we never left it. That was rude. I assume he's actually just a bored forum moderator holding down the fort while everyone else is on well deserved vacations. Bless his heart!

My concern is that while everyone is on vacay people are buying the game and some are having a bad experience. Altho I do want it to work for my own enjoyment, and that's why I
    posted about the mp hangups, it bugs me that the game gets a bad rep from new players. Incomplete is one thing, but unplayable is another thing altogether. And causing complete system hangups is a level 10 bug that will turn some new players off permanently. The topic "Cant Play", or a derivation of, has cropped up several times on the steam forum.

I understand as well there are calculations when they have to make a release date and are working with an untested and possibly buggy build(with new overlords applying pressure from on high). I assure you that I would not have posted at all if they had just stated in a blog that it was in fact buggy and might crash. It's a crappy situation and in all honesty if it didn't hang my system I wouldn't even care. I'm happy when the "Fatal Error" button appears and, free of drama, I get safely back to the desktop without a hangup. No developer should put out software that causes a full system lock. It's just bad form. It's something that very rarely happened in the AC EA and was quickly resolved if and when it did occur. They just didn't push builds till they were fully cooked back then. AC had no arbitrary roadmap and before Digital Bros were in the picture I believe Kunos had higher standards for the build releases. Inevitable? Maybe! I'm sure the mp delay in r2 didn't go over well with the suits at corporate hq- so possibly they were forced to go with it this time. I think the road map was only deployed to justify the pre release price bumps. That's fine capitalism, but I would have prefered they just put out updates only when they were ready, and have two prices- pre and post release. The release date is approaching like a freight train, and if I was to place a bet I would currently go short on the prospect of Kunos making it on time and with stable and full(as advertised) features. So far they are 1 for 4. Not so good. AC was working perfectly when it was released. So to me that's the standard. I don't mind waiting for perfection, which is why I don't like the pretentious nature of a "roadmap" dev cycle. You should keep your eyes off the map and on the road or you might hit a ditch.

7. liakjim

liakjim Alien

8. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I can understand your frustration as I also get these lock ups. In fact there is a thread dedicated to them, so post there (if you already have then you will know and there is no point posting on every thread). https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/acc-freezing.53842/#post-1015219
    The reality is there is something wrong with this build. But also the reality is Kunos are doing their best to sort it out and sort it out they will I have no doubt about that as they have already acknowledged it.
    Keeping complaining is not going to sort it out any quicker as I am sure that they will be working flat out to try and sort it.
    Unfortunately this will have a knock effect for the next build more than likely.

There is a hiccough at the moment, we all know that, but that's what happens in EA releases and is actually 'expected' by most of us as a part of what EA is all about. There were hiccoughs in previous releases and there will be in future releases including 1.0 as that's what happens with PC games.
    You are a test pilot for a new piece of software, so take the rough with the smooth.
    Report the rough, but explain what the issue is and attach the relevant files so the devs know where to direct their resources.
    if 10 people report that its not working, but none of them explain how/why then that is 10 posts (or more) the devs have to go through to try and see what the issue is. If they all report it and explain, including the files then its 10 chances the devs have of pin pointing the issue. Without your 'help' there is no guarantee that 'your' issue will be (hot) fixed.

As for the release date getting very close, what date would that be? I only see Q1, which is leaving the door open for a few months for a end date.

Do you think a proper racing driver would do a few practice laps, come in to the pits and say 'its not working, its broken' and leave it at that? The mechanics will get nowhere and it will never be mended.

Getting back on topic, I love the Ferrari and its possibly my favourite car so far. I tried it on Misano and beat my lap record on the 3rd lap. The only issue I have is that if you leave the road its impossible to get back on and when you do you go off at the next corner.

9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I find the graphics very good at max settings (not that I can run it with triples, dry daytime pretty close though). Especially in Hungaroring, color palette is very natural feeling. Could be the UE4 antialiasing problem that bothers people subconsciously? AA and sharp image has huge effect into how "real" graphics feel. But clarity and sharpness has improved with o.4 (while doesn't quite match AC with best AA), Kunos created better sharpening filter perhaps

Other small issue is shadow LOD popping in trees. And optimization of course, great to hear it's still not finished. For sim to be truly popular with wide playerbase, optimization is big. Easy to say

But anyway, have to say Unreal 4 doesn't equate "cartoony graphics":

10. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

same, exactly the same feeling here.
    Obviously UE4 is some miles ahead to AC's engine, but for me the final result is like you say

mESCx and liakjim like this.
  11. Too much saturation... try to set saturation on 60 or 70

12. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

already done. On my screen i have the better compromise to 80%.

13. Ok, even at 80, for me it's too saturated... i setted 70...

14. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Edit: you can be frustrated, you are not forced to like the game. This is an Early Access, even not a beta, and issues are normal. What it is NOT ALLOWED here is your attitude like in your previous messages. That's unbelieveable that you have 3k hours on our titles and you still don't know how an Early Access works. Take this as last warning.

Your point is simply wrong, disrespectful and just dictated by anger. Something that it is not tolerated in a forum.

15. Sorry guys can you help: i cant get what "lock to horizon" option is actually doing?

16. AC Support

If enabled, it keeps the horizon straight regardless of what your car is doing (e.g. driving on a curb or bump). On the opposite, your "head" is anchored to the car chassis. It's just a matter of personal preference.

17. M96

M96 Racer

Are more hotfixes for the multiplayer expected before the next update or are you planning to improve it at once in the next release? Just curious, I am not trying to pressure you or anything similar!
    Thanks

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

henkjansmits likes this.
  18. AC Support

We are working on a hotfix.

fabT, sissydriver, Boyracer and 8 others like this.
  19. M96

M96 Racer

Thanks for the answer!

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk