1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Racing room setup

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by John Caetano, Dec 18, 2018.

1. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

So forgive me as I know there is a ton of discussion on these topics, but I feel my scenario is a bit unique and having a hard time researching options.

I have a pretty decent setup considering but i have two currently problems i am having with it. This is mainly impacting me on longer session times. After-all we're here for ACC and we're talking endurance :)

Current issues:
    1. The chair i am currently using is a office chair that has wheels and swivels. The tilt function is lockable which is fine, and i have the wheels bolts onto wood so that the seat does not move at all. The problem i have with the chair is that it swivels side to side. So when i am messing with my pedals, i find myself where the chair is shift either to the left or right as it turns. I would really love to avoid buying a chair or even real car set to bolt to a frame but looking for people's experiences with this. Either suggestion, ideas, or experiences are welcome!

2. My 2nd issue is that with ACC, i find it mandatory to use two feet to drive (left foot brake, and other gas). I currently using the G27 pedals and find that either my seating position is not ideal, or maybe the pedals are too close for comfort. Any tips, or things i can possibly try to help with this? Again, it feels find at first, but after some time, i feel my body twisting to get in the right position for this type of footwork....

Thanks in advance for everyone's time. Will hopefully post some pics later if I can...

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Virtual Racing Room [PS4 Leagues & Events] Aug 29, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Talk about Raceroom Racing Experience R3E Jun 28, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Some assetto corsa wall art for my racing room! Aug 1, 2014
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Nordschleife Trophy | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Racing Pals RP Series - Sundays @ racing-pals.com Jan 22, 2024
    ACC General Discussions Coming back to racing Jan 7, 2024
    Online Leagues / Championships room I am trying to make a racing league! Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Racing/Hotlapping against other players' ghost Dec 3, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - USA Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - World Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Oct 8, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Sep 6, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Crazy-Racing vom GT3 09.09. - 10.12.2023 Aug 17, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - Euro Sprints #2 | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Aug 9, 2023

3. Glladorous

Glladorous Rookie

I am myself considering buying RSeat RS1 just beacause of ACC. At least I have T300 in the meantime so.. not really a complete setup just yet heh.

My suggestion would be to replace/change office chair completely. For racing I am using my kitchen cushioned chair which doesnt have wheels and has small rubber rings on its feets so it doesnt move around at all.
    Pedals itself have rubber on bottom too so it doesnt move much and I have few other things placed behind them.

4. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

So actually its not the wheels of the chair that's the issue, more that it turns side to side (swivel). See attached pics. But maybe the chair is not the greatest for trying to drive in...

EDIT: Forgive me for the mess :)

Attached Files:

5. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Before I got my playseat challenge I remember asking some gaming chair companies if they sell a chair that locks, stops from swiveling and they said at the moment no but maybe in the future. So maybe look underneath and see if can drill holes and bolt it to stop the swivel, not sure though.

6. sid1965

sid1965 Gamer

:)
    You could tie a piece of string around the wheel under the right armrest, then up to wrap it around the bottom of the armrest, then down to wrap it around wheel at the back of the chair, then up to around the bottom of the back rest then down to the wheel on the left, then up to the bottom of the armrest on the left.:)

7. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

Haha, couldnt help but laugh :)
    Thanks for the suggestion.

8. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

Or... you could tie some rope/wire around the arm and tie the other end to the top of the corresponding pedal. That way when you press the pedal, the wire will pull that side of the chair towards the pedal, but the weight of the chair/driver will counteract it and you'll remain in the same place. Could also act as a load cell, depending on the mass involved

Probably just better buying a chair that doesn't swivel.. If you can, get a piece of wood, attach your chair and your pedals to it! - I should really take my own advice here, currently my setup involves - a camping chair, which is wedged up against a sofa (which prevents it moving back) I have a small rickety coffee table, to which my wheel is attached and my pedals are up against a wall to stop them moving. It's hardly ideal, but it's functional for now, I cant have it permanently setup. I've looked at playseats in the past, but thought they might be a bit flimsy.

9. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

So I've been playing close attention to my setup and online thoughts and I wonder if my setup is what's the problem...

Meaning....That the angle i sit + pedal angle is not ideal... Thoughts?

10. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

At one time I considered the idea of getting one of those desks that can be lowered or raised. Lower it and use one of those Ikea lounge chairs for racing. Raise it and use a proper desk chair for work. Maybe an idea if you need something that can work well for both racing and normal desk work or other gaming.

11. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

so interesting enough i took a strap and am pulling back on my seat since it does tilt and tighten the tension so that pushing back further it doesnt move much. Do this allows my body to slightly lean back. In addition I higher my pedals so they sit closer to the height of my seat and so far things seemed to feel better...but i need to spend some more time in the seat to say for sure... I also switched back to using my right foot for both brake + gas...

Time will tell but i think having the right setup is crucial here...

12. Hellenjoseph3

Hellenjoseph3 Rookie

For your first issue, I recommend you to buy a new adjustable desk from FlexiSpot Coupons. because they have very comfortable, inexpensive chairs.I am using the chair for almost 1 year and I must say it is beyond awesome. I hope you will also find it comfortable :)

13. Si.

Si. Simracer

I have a GT Omega seat which is similar, I can lock the tilt (and wheels) but not the swivel. However, the swivel is never an issue so perhaps it is the rest of your setup putting undue angular pressure on the chair causing it to swivel.

14. Gary Munson

Gary Munson Racer

Just wrap duck tape around wheels or remove the wheels.