1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Force Cockpit View

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. is there plan to implement force Cockpit view in multiplayer?

tom neidher, Brado23, Coanda and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Cockpit Cam Forced Oct 29, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Is there a way to turn off g-force effects/camera movements in cockpit view? Mar 8, 2019
    Suggestions Adding g-force-effect on cockpitview when accelerating (dont see it yet). Dec 16, 2013
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Adjusting G-force movement in cockpit view Nov 9, 2013
    Chit Chat Room we are in the design of a force feedback pedals. Jan 20, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions V1.9 Thrustmaster force feedback is coming back strongly Jun 27, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Helmet cam without G forces? May 20, 2023
    ACC User Interface Setting force feedback gain for individual cars Apr 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC on PS5 - Driver swap seems to be forced even though disabled in the settings Jan 28, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Force Feedback Dec 22, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Brake force Nov 19, 2022
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Multiplayer bug (Geforce Now) Oct 11, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality VR G-Forces May 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions HORI Force Feedback Racing Wheel DLX for Xbox Series X|S can not use this game Apr 29, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Force feedback gets stuck on Fanatec CSL DD Apr 14, 2022

3. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

For me, the cockpit view should be the only view in a sim... (except in replay).

4. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

I use the cockpit view that does not include the wheel or the helmet. Dash view if you will. Would really hate to be forced into helmet view or the default driver perspective. But I'm all go for the ability to disallow exterior views (such as the bumper, bonnet, chase and roof) by server settings.

5. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't think there's any need for that. It wouldn't matter to me because I play VR but when I was on single screen I didn't use a default cockpit view because it wouldn't have given me correct FOV. I put the monitor directly behind the wheel and set up the view to suit.

I don't really think that going with an external view or any other view gives anyone an unfair advantage. If you were sitting in the car you may have an awareness on par with an external view. I also don't see how it's a good thing to force someone into a less aware point of view.

I certainly wouldn't care whether it was enforced or not, it makes no difference to my driving.

6. fnegroni

fnegroni Racer

iRacing does enforce a cockpit view, but I agree if I only had a single screen I would probably use different views depending on the track and the type of event.
    It does make a difference though if you know everyone has the same view. I don’t know why though... is it a placebo?
    I also feel that you can tell if someone is driving with realistic FOV and triple/VR as their driving is less erratic and their breaking is much more predictable.

7. wiigriid

wiigriid Rookie

Implement it, KS. Also update AC original to allow for same you will be the god of sims (Damage model could use some work but thats another story)

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

+1 for server option.

wiigriid likes this.
  9. cestcomi

cestcomi Racer

wiigriid likes this.
  10. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

There is an unfair advantage when it rains, because your view is not obstructed by water on the windscreen.

In general, this is a simulator so it should be possible to enforce simulation rules, and driving while 'sitting' inside the car is one of them.

11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Forced cockpit view is never popular.

12. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

I've always been a cockpit view driver, but for the first time in 20+ years I now use dash view, just prefer it in ACC and there is no advantage to this view, there is a advantage as such in other views, apart from helmet cam which I think you have to be weird to like that view, your never inforce cockpit view MP would just die, if you did enforce it, what you going to do about people who turn the monitor brightness up for night driving?? Real sim racers will use the game as it should be used, the rest wont.

13. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

Cockpit only driver here. I think they need to keep other views as to not alienate a lot of players, but there certainly needs to be reduced visibility in heavy rain conditions for external views/bonnet cam. In cockpit view in heavy rain quite often the only things you can see are the tail lights of the car in front, and the occasional marker if you're lucky. Switch to bonnet cam and you can see everything clearly, huge advantage. They need to find a way to make external cam players endure the added difficulty in adverse conditions.

bullet800, cestcomi and Whitestar like this.
  14. devil in me

devil in me Racer

I only drive with cockpit view, but i dont see why is bad others to drive any other view, even if i dont like to watch it from youtube videos. If that makes people more aware of their surroundings. i found out that spotter, standings, radar, virtual mirror and normal mirrors all together doesnt work for 95% of the people i drive against in public servers. so if for them to use any other view helps them to be more aware of cars around, fine to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.