1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Are you talking about the issue where AC is not loading in your headset after the first time ?

What I do is :

- put down the headset
    - close oculus app
    - run batch file as administrator which stops and starts the oculus service
    - wait a bit
    - launch AC
    - wait for the AC loading screen
    - put on the headset

Then it should launch in the headset.

Put this in a .bat file.

Code:
    net stop OVRService
    net start OVRService
    Hope it helps, certainly a lot easier than restarting your PC.

2. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I tried using the Oculus Tray Tool to stop/restart Oculus service (I am assuming the same as your suggestions), but the issue is still the same. In the past restarting the service for me, and now I am guessing the latest Windows update that I had 2 days was the cause.

Edit: forgot to mention that as long as I don't click on the Oculus Home to show my monitors inside the rift, I can launch AC without issue any time.

3. But once you have opened Oculus Home once it will not work anymore ? If so, then it is the same for me.. That's why I have to stop/start the service while oculus home is closed.

4. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Yeah. I guess many people are troubled by the same issue...

5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Are you guy’s launching in CM?
    I am using CM and cannot remember the last time I had an issue launching AC.

6. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I am using CM. In factor I can't launch AC normally - something just get stuck at loading the ACLauncher.

7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

probably same reasons I cannot either, too many cars.:D
    The way I start all my game in VR, which is the only way I roll, ;), is open Oculus, Open Steam, then launch CM. Never have an issue that way.

8. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I've had the game run in the BigScreen screen or the Oculus Home screen instead of in the rift from time to time (sometimes iRacing also launches on the screen instead of in the rift), but it seems that recently it is very often that this happens

Cote Dazur likes this.
  9. isamu

isamu Racer

How many of you have backed or pre-ordered the Pimax 5K +, and if so have you gotten your headset yet? When you do, please PLEASE post your impressions! I'm dying to know whether or not a rock solid 90fps can be sustained in AC while using either the normal FOV or the "Large" FOV.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  10. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Hey guys,

finally got my own Rift last week after having it for a test earlier this year. I got the Touch Boundle, so I have 2 sensors for now.

Having a simulator at home (SimLab) what would you say is the best way to mount the two sensors when you‘d also wanz to use the Rift for other games using the Touch controllers? I‘ve not really figured it out.

Thanks in advance.

Carsten.

11. APC900

APC900 Simracer

If any of you guys want to try VR for less than $107, search out Lenovo Explorer without controllers.
    I just bought and installed one...just for comparison to my existing Oculus Rift.
    It blows it out of the water for clarity and a few other features in simracing.
    Had I compared both in a store before purchasing my Rift, it would have been a whole other story on which one I took home.
    It is that good.
    Rift still feels a tiny bit more comfortable to wear in my case but for picture quality and $106 shipped versus $349, I'd have adapted.
    The tracking was excellent (some have said they had issues in low light)...I did not ...and there were no dropouts or latency in the headset.
    I had two small issues at setup...one was a 'Compositor is not available' (error 400) and the other was an inability to find 'MixedRealityPortal.Brokered.exe'.
    Both errors were rectified by removing the Mixed reality and SteamVR apps, clearing both directories...then reinstalling.
    It seems if you had Steam before a certain date, there was one lack of update causing the issue.
    There's also a video on Youtube by MRTV, which walks you through the entire process very clearly, to allow playing all Steam and Oculus games you already own.

Cote Dazur, St3fan and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

That price is very tempting, sadly not available for that few coins in Germany.
    I could have made me abandoning my good old Win7...:(

13. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Price is so tempting that I also want to buy one despite the fact that I already own a rift (have to keep in mind that marriage is more important…)

My setup is that I have the two sensors on the two ends of my desk, and my rig is to the left of the desk. It may appear that the rig can be covered by one sensor, but it works for driving, and it allows for enough space for other games.

CKraegel likes this.
  14. APC900

APC900 Simracer

That inexpensive Lenovo Explorer is proving to be the VR deal of the century for me.
    I couldn't thank Ford and Deutsch from RD enough, for turning me on to it.
    KS seems to have taken 'extra' pride in reproducing Mugello... and since it is one of my favorite tracks to run open-wheel cars on, that's where I started.
    In WMR the track looks absolutely stunning....also gone is the lack of definition of the car's outline during replays with my Rift.
    I took the RSS V6 and KS' own SF70T around it for six laps each... in a dimly lit room...not one single tracking hiccup.
    The 'Ferrari Red' looked stunning with lots of sparkle and detail as the car 'whizzed' by.
    The track textures, the grass at the side of the track, the numbers on the steering wheel, the track's braking markers...it all looks very very 'clean'.
    I am not mirroring to the monitor, so all I have there is a solid red screen.
    The only issue to date is replay control. Since it doesn't come with controllers, advancing or rewinding replay is going to be a challenge.
    I'm hoping some smart modder will eventually get around to making a utility to sort that aspect.

Cote Dazur and f_deutsch like this.
  15. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

to all WMR users, I've come across this 'WMR hack' has anyone checked this in AC?

Source:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/71995...4488715073552/

To do:

Modify the following file:
    \\STEAM\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings\default.vrsettings
    and edit the file, changing "renderTargetScale" : 2.0" (instead of 1.0)

Optional (but recommended):
    Steam supersampling: 200%
    Steam settings: uncheck "Advanced supersampling" box

- It really works and text is clearly readable.
    - "sweetspot" seems to be larger

Confirmed in games:
    Elite Dangerous
    DCS
    Subnautica

Confirmed Glasses:

Samsung Odyssey+
    Samsung Odyssey
    Lenovo Explorer
    ... so it should give improvement in any WMR.

BATINA74 and APC900 like this.
  16. APC900

APC900 Simracer

I run RTS at 1.5 instead of 2.0...then again, I'm running every setting in Assetto Corsa at maximum except for smoke.
    I typically run that at very low.
    It just looks more natural as cars leave the starting line.
    I can confirm the text look much more clear than at any other time in VR.
    As you look at the digits on the steering wheel display, they seem to have more of a 3D effect and they're much sharper and easy to read.
    I'm running a GTX 1080Ti but if I were running anything less, I'd probably start at 1.5 then work downward from there...depending on in-game settings.
    Quite frankly, this is the best experience to date, I have had in VR.
    The Rift was good...this is quite a bit better...with a few exceptions.

ElPueblo likes this.
  17. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the confirmation.
    I am seriously considering replacing my Rift with Samsung O+

18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Yes, it works brilliantly with AC, I posted it long ago in Odyssey Plus thread.
    RTS does not seem to affect performance, SS does. 200 SS and 2.0 RTS is a sharpness sweet spot.
    Disable Advanced Supersampling Filtering too to sharpen even more.

ElPueblo likes this.
  19. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Sorry, but what is RTS?

20. APC900

APC900 Simracer

RenderTargetScale.

Mike1304 likes this.