1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ignition and Start (need a little update ?)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by DzelRacing, Dec 25, 2018.

1. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Hi !

First, I have to thank Kunos (thx so much) for this feature. But I wondering if would not be possible to make a little update because when you are in the car before you decide to push the "Ignition", the camera or the display onboard are already turned (On).

It's not realistic or it's correct ?

Cote Dazur and After_Midnight like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Ignition & Starter button/Command Conflict? Apr 21, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals How to restart car after accidentally pressing the ignition button? Feb 19, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Botton Box for Ignition and Starter Jan 6, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Ignition and Starter on the same button Apr 9, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Ignition and starter on the same button Sep 21, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Engine Start and "Ignition?" Sep 14, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Adding ignition and starter to your controls manually - UPDATE! Sep 12, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Ignition/Starter/Pit Limiter Dec 8, 2013
    Chit Chat Room Chance of ignition/starter button? Nov 22, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Auto ignition (set is on manual) Jan 7, 2023
    ACC Physics BMW M6 GT3 2017 Ignition Issue May 12, 2021
    ACC Physics Ignition state in shared memory Jun 7, 2020
    ACC User Interface Please add ignition light! Mar 10, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Freezing when ignition is pushed (MP) Sep 19, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [1.0.7] McLaren 650S GT3 dashboard lights for ignition and headlights Sep 1, 2019

3. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

I suppose many features at this stage of the alpha build are placeholders or just unfinished. So I wouldn't expect something so minor to be updated until the final release if you ask me... ;)

4. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

They way I see it is those things are on because electrics are already on and they are not switched on/off by pressing the ignition. I would really like to have a functional start up sequence in game, at least optional.

5. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Humm maybe.. But it's not te case in Iracing (Ferrari 488 gt3 for example), so I was wondering why in ACC (EA or not). "Ignition" turn on the car and "Start" start the engine.

I understand that but it's not for my point of view a huge deal to fix that ( if it's still in WIP).
    Strange to add this features but not make this at 100%. Just a thought.

Still, thx Kunos.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

You have a good point there.

7. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

I think every race car has mandatory main power with kill switch.

Here you can see Huracan has main power on. First driver tried to start it without ignition on.

8. Borbor

Borbor Racer

It's correct.

Your main is on.

I'm surprised no one has complained about the lack of fuel pump toggle switches while we are on this topic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

9. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Because it's not realistic in iRacing. You can see it in this video at 00:32. Displays are already on, but the car doesn't start because ignition is off :) He also has to hold the clutch and brake for the car to start, so it's basic in ACC as well.

Even in my real car, I have two notches when I turn the key. First notch is the electrics, like radio and ventilation. The 2nd is the ignition, including the engine check lights and preheating the engine. Next turn is the starter.

p.g.49 and Kopiller like this.
  10. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Ok thanks guys !! Interresting.

ps: Go to Iracing forum to complain :)

Gevatter and After_Midnight like this.
  11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I'm about the rules in the Blancpain series, but in other series it's mandatory to turn off the engine in pits (at least if the car is being refueled).
    So I guess you shut off the engine by turning off the ignition yet leave the main power on.

I think that's the reason (along with engineers working on the car, i.e. to program settings) for having ignition and main power for electronics by two different switches.

After_Midnight likes this.
  12. Of course it sound logically but it would be really a nice to have. Not it would be that much important. Just a nice to have :)

13. viffviff99

viffviff99 Gamer

from the very limited experience I've had in race cars - they have (both) had separate ignition and starter - and the power could be on with the ignition off. The ignition isolates the engine (so it cannot run) but power is still on . (I guess in case you need to radio back for assistance - tell them you're ok after hitting the barrier... 'again' in my case in ACC!) - the starter switch energises the starter motor (and possibly some other ignition timing / mapping stuff to assist start).

14. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

The function I want is auto ignition/starter for race sessions only.
    in practice and qualifying, pitstops and stalls I want to have to push the button.
    But when the car spawns on the grid for the start it should be running.
    Or there should be a start your engines sequence.
    I'm forever being crashed into because the cars not running. :mad:

Seelenkrank likes this.
  15. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

Yeah you don't have to much time to get the engine started before you have to start moving.:D:D

16. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Not an issue here, still have time for switching light and wiper on if needed, sometimes also do changes on TC.

17. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

i would agree on this... especially if you take too long in setup menu...once you switch back AI is turning cars on and on their way imidietlly...leaving me sometimes not having time to turn the car on and then grid splits up..