1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Can RTX2080 run ACC 4k@60fps?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Turbo_Dad, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Turbo_Dad

Turbo_Dad Racer

Will the Nvidia RTX2080 (non ti) run 4k at 60 fps? With high settings? Night/rain?
    Ordered a 2080 due the silly cost of the ti version, but having second thoughts.
    Would really like to run at 4k, using 55" TV 70cm away.
    Am I going to have to stump up for the Ti version?
    Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds night run Mar 18, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Running ACS.EXE with Arguments for Custom Races Oct 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Right after 1.9.1 update game doesn't run. It gives an error. [Verify Steam integrity] Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting After update 1.9 the game crashes while running Apr 22, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I cannot run the game on 64-Bit Apr 18, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can't start Race with Mods due to Runtime Error Jan 23, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Porsches run out of fuel at Spa 60 minutes Jan 7, 2023
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Running AC Ultimate edition on PS4 Oct 18, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to run at 64-bit Sep 24, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Will not run when "START" is pressed Sep 24, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer How is my level calculated for running with my peers? Aug 19, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Running admin commands on a PS5 server Jul 19, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Speedrunning Career Mode TA, weird points system Jul 14, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Assetto Corsa rally timing framework - Patrick Brunner's co-driver mod 2.0 Jun 18, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game runs on iGPU Jun 6, 2022

3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2080-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1080-Ti/4026vs3918

My 1080Ti is still slightly faster than 2080 according to that

And I can't run triple screen (5760 x 1080) at 60 fps, without dropping settings. Triples are less demanding than 4K, basically 3/4 of the pixels required to render. Dry conditions in daytime work though, by dropping shadows to High and mirrors to lowest possible (without disabling). Also night and rain can in some instances keep 60 fps (when not combined) but combined heavy rain and night is a no-go... unless you're willing to drop more settings

Replays however run nowhere near 60, although for me not too relevant. It has some effect (or maybe it's the camera angles) that race doesn't, that absolutely murders FPS. But there's still optimizations coming for ACC, according to Kunos

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    phil and Turbo_Dad like this.
  4. Turbo_Dad

Turbo_Dad Racer

:( thanks mate, I think you have confirmed my fears. Extra £330 for ti though!
    £1k for gfx ...

5. Turbo_Dad

Turbo_Dad Racer

Can anyone with a rtx2080 @4k single confirm?

6. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

If 4k requirements are anywhere near vr it will probably depend a lot on how good is your cpu.

7. Turbo_Dad

Turbo_Dad Racer

Planning on an I7 9700k or i9 pretty soon.
    Shred is running a I7 8700k, so no slouch

8. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I run an RTX 2080 on triple screens (5760 x 1080), everything on Epic, and it averages about 65 - 75 FPS.

Turbo_Dad and mr Switchblade like this.
  9. edcoronag

edcoronag Gamer

I have an EVGA xc 2080 & i7 3770K combo, and it renders stable 60+ on dry races, everything on epic except shadows, which are at high.

On rain + night, I have to downscale to about 80%, I think in later releases rain got better... But haven't checked.

If only DLSS were available...

When I bought it, it was the same price as 1080 Ti, so I thought it was like getting free DLSS and RT for the future.

Cheers!

Turbo_Dad likes this.
  10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Averages yeah. But at least on 1080 ti drops under 60 fps in demanding conditions, or even stays for prolonged times under 60 fps in said conditions. For me personally it's very distracting and noticeable mid-race.

But seems I partially was wrong about 1080 ti being faster, depends on game it seems.. 2080 seems to have overall edge: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-1080-ti-benchmarks-performance-features-7001

(And DLSS will be superior AA method, if ACC would support it some day)

Anyway in ACC, everything on Epic I drop under 60 frames even in dry conditions, just tried Hungaroring with full field, dry, 19:00, starting from the back. Can't hold 60 fps at race start or after that either, other than momentarily. It's dipping below 60 all the time. In certain conditions it would be even worse. For me it makes more sense to measure by the most demanding condition, since the game will eventually have dynamic weather where those worst-case weather scenarios can hit any minute

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    SchumiF399, nolive72 and Turbo_Dad like this.
  11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Yes, my 2080 sometimes drops to FPS in the 50's, and you do notice it. But it doesn't happen very often, even including driving in the rain at night.

Turbo_Dad likes this.
  12. Turbo_Dad

Turbo_Dad Racer

Thanks very much for your feedback guys.
    I find if I don't run vsync I get a lot of tearing on the TV, so kinda need stable 60fps.
    So unfortunately I have returned the 2080 and Ti version being ordered tomorrow. In for a penny and all that!

13. nolive72

nolive72 Racer

pretty much my experience as well with struggling to maintain 60fps stable over a race,

Running triple 1080p set up with an actually heavily OCed 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid(2100Mhz core/12,400Nhz memory) and if my CPU is not as good as yours for gaming (Ryzen 1500X but also OCed at 4Ghz), its no slouch and running with 3066Mhz DDR4 RA so I cant say my rig is not up for the job.

Can you confirm what are your in game graphics settings just for the sake of comparison?I am also running on EPIC but there are other settings that would affect FPS.

Considering the actual (high) value of my 1080Ti still today, I was also considering to sell it and "upgrade" lol) to a 2080 to take advantage of DLS and Ray Tracing in say mid term so this thread is quite appealing to me

thanks

Turbo_Dad likes this.
  14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

5760 x 1080, shadows High (this is key for me, above in comments I tested it on Epic, and it caused severe drops)
    Mirrors on low and lowest draw distance, IMO enough to notice if car behind is about to overtake
    Resolution scale 100%. Some seem to use 90% or 80% to get it running better, but it causes blurriness and UE4 sharpness already isn't the best
    Sharpness filter, I've used 100-120%
    Motion blur off
    Opponent visibility 21
    Rest (AA, foliage, effects, post process, draw distance) on epic
    I use Vsync, so I don't really know how much frames I get, unless it drops under 60

Also these settings don't stay at 60 all the time, but in dry races they mostly do. In rain mostly too (think this was improved lately) unless rain is combined with night. But I rather use higher settings for now (since there is no dynamic weather yet) than dropping them for just few conditions sake. Depends maybe also on track, Nurburgring T1-T3 seems to be problem area (in night and rain)

Oddly it isn't completely smooth even when Vsync keeps 60. There is occasional micro stutter kind of thing happening, for example Hungaroring few corners.. or maybe the framedrop is so quick, that when I check the FPS counter (in far left on triples, kind of hard to move your eyes to while racing), it has already gone

Turbo_Dad likes this.
  15. SchumiF399

SchumiF399 Racer

Let us know how the gtx2080 ti does when you get it please. I might pick one up soon.

Turbo_Dad and hristo1026 like this.
  16. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I have 2080Ti with 8700K, what do you need to know? :)

Turbo_Dad likes this.
  17. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

So evertyhing on epic, Temporal AA 4k resolution 7am Hungaroring 17 cars AI i get locked 60fps with the 2080Ti GPU sitting between 75 and 92% workload.
    Replay varies between 42 and 60fps depending on the cuts.

Turbo_Dad likes this.
  18. Turbo_Dad

Turbo_Dad Racer

Nice ;)
    Do you use supersampling ?
    Night time AI race with rain frame rate?
    Butter smooth?
    Interested in cockpit view, not that bothered about replay fps.

19. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I do not use supersampling, night time performs similar or better, rain a bit worse but not as much as you would think, i am very surprised how well rain is optimized. Night and rain i did not test. I hooked the PC again to my gaming monitor (1440p), did your tests on the OLED 4k

Turbo_Dad likes this.
  20. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Dropping shadows from epic to medium is like a total game changer btw, it's like 20fps more or so haha

Turbo_Dad likes this.
  21. Turbo_Dad

Turbo_Dad Racer

Thanks for your time to test and report. Nice to hear rain is not killer and hopefully with more optimisation to come. Would hate to turn stuff down with a 1k card.
    Seems like about 25-30% increase in performance over the non ti 2080.
    Cheers!

Chris der Boss likes this.