1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER The multiplayer doors (start to) open today!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Anybody figured it out how to host multiplayer server with endurance cars selection?

2. Rolz

Rolz Alien

can u clarify what you mean?

3. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

well right now any server you chose you can only choose the sprint races liveries (no additional lights) or endurance liveries, idk is it possible at the moment to host a server where you can choose the endurance liveries to show up

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Has it something to do with event type?
    "eventType": 2, -> 6H Race
    "eventType": 0, -> 3H Race -> Default
    "eventType": 3, -> Sprint Race

I assume event type 2 and 0 are Enduro's with 3 being the sprint. This is the note the @Rolz left in our server but not sure where the original data came from as its not in the readme file.

The default in current server config is 0-3H race which does show in server list as most showing as endure. Maybe this hasn't been linked properly in the server yet and only Sprint cars are available atm. I will experiment with this later today and see if the other options do make a difference but probably not as many options in config file are still not active.

The next EA update is supposed to have advanced MP where I think we will have much more control and info regarding server setup, so maybe best to wait a couple more weeks and see what we get then, current mp is good for a rough test of netcode in traffic but not much beyond that for me so I haven't used it much.

D.Jankovic likes this.
  5. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Was just what I noticed in the server listing what the server info had when I changed the values... I still have to work out what else it actually does in game.
    Though we've gone back to long qual sessions until the next Build release due to too many quirks in the current build to do any proper MP racing :)

martcerv likes this.
  6. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Just tested it...so when i put
    "eventType": 2, (6Hrs race) i get endurance liveries available on list (but multiple teams missing)
    "eventType": 3, (sprint race) i get sprint liveries but limited selection
    "eventType": 0, default one gives me sprint liveries wide range of them

So this could be bug as well.. But i finally figured out how to get the endurance liveries :D Thank you

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Rolz and martcerv like this.
  7. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

I'm not 100% sure, but are the livery selection dependant on what rank you are? For example, If you are PRO you can only pick pro liveries? Because some of the liveries are missing for me in online as well.

8. I don't know if it's working that way, but I feel it would be the best way, so you know when approaching someone on the track if he's/she's more experienced or not. It could help avoid the unwanted contact with someone less experienced!

9. Echo_

Echo_ Gamer

But then you are forced into liveries that you might not particularly want to use :/ We’re see what happens I guess.

10. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

You can chose the livery at the top right, as well as the car, team and driver.

11. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

Not if you read what was said above.

12. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

i think it depends if you are doing sprint or endurance races, not all cars compete in both

Rolz likes this.
  13. kro

kro Simracer

I have a dumb question ..I have looked and searched but cant find any info on the ability to chat in ACC ? is there even a chat box to communicate on the servers ? .I went threw all the settings and assignments looking for something related to the chat box but I can't find anything ! lol
    Thanks !:rolleyes:

14. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

Press enter while in a server

kro likes this.
  15. kro

kro Simracer

Thank you so much !! lol I knew it was something right under my nose ,or thumb in this case !o_O:D

16. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

Great job for Kunos! Couple months ago I couldnt organize any online race... multiplayer wasnt ready at all... Recently tested again and its much better! Big respect of how Kunos works! Looking forward to see more updates!

Would be great to have some explanation about every feature in multiplayer server setting...

Just couple questions... Someone probably will be able to help...
    1. Only rolling starts? I dont see it on config file... I guess not yet. Would be great to have regular starts because lots of people confusing when they start the race... ((
    2. Weather... How I set random weather? Assume I change 0 to 1? But if I want to add rain to random weather, I add 1.0 to rain? And cloud the same? Just a bit confused with this... If I dont add 1.0 to rain random weather will be only dry?

"cloudLevel": 0.30000001192092898,
    "rain": 0.0,
    "weatherRandomness": 0,

Thank you

17. CreedDE

CreedDE Rookie

You can set "rain": 1

and if you set "weatherRandomness" 1 or higher, the random factor go high. Idk how high the "weatherRandomness" can go.

and if set "rain": 1, you have a chance to get rain. But if the rain on 1 its not safe that you get rain on race. So it can rain at q or maybe between q and r. Hopefully i can help you, and sry for my bad english

18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

we run this on our 2 servers

"cloudLevel": 0.2,
    "rain": 0.2,
    "weatherRandomness": 2,

and basically does get rain roughly every 3-4 races

19. Rolz

Rolz Alien